Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-19, 05:15 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Actually there's a second upper/lower body premix in the Timesaver section, but it's too short at 25 minutes.
Well, there are two more total body premixes, one Pyramid Up Only, the other Pyramid Down Only...both are ~50 minutes. I guess I'll gravitate toward those.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-19, 05:48 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I did my first LITE workout today, it was a shorter premix from PHA as I was short on time.
I did the premix that just runs through each round once that clocked in around 25 minutes.

I really enjoyed this workout, I liked the exercises and I like alternating between upper and lower body quite a bit. It wasn't without breaks but I felt that I breezed through it pretty well. I went a hair lighter than Cathe, but I am really out of shape right now and felt that I should tread carefully. It was a nice workout that was just under a half hour.

It wasn't without modifications though, I did two risers on the lunge exercise instead of three which honestly reminded me of a leg press anyway. Plus the static dip exercise that used the step, I did it without. I did the forward lean that she does but left the step out. The forward lean did not bother my back but I don't particularly care for using the step with these exercises as sometimes I can lose my balance. For me using three risers would have been way too high, I may try with just the platform at some point. I felt the exercise without any step anyway.

The one exercise that they dip the reverse lunge just using the platform, I did do as is and that was okay.

Overall I liked the choice of exercise and for days when I am needing a short workout, I might utilize this premix quite a bit.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 01:14 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Body Weight and Bands!

This one was great! I loved every minute of it. Took me a bit to figure out which band and resistance tube I would need, so paused to go back through the chapters to re-do a few of the exercise. I really can't wait to do this one again!

There isn't one workout from the set that I haven't liked yet. I'm very happy with this purchase!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 07:54 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I did the Upper Body Stacked sets workout today.

I enjoyed it. She goes through a circuit of moves then repeats it once, then moves on to the next pair of body parts.

Tris and Chest
Shoulders
Back and Biceps.

My only problem is I wish it had one more set for back and one less for biceps. The second set I subbed another back move for one of the bicep moves. But otherwise I enjoyed it. A nice short burner of an upper body workout in less than 40 min.
I could have written this! I added in back rows with a band instead of reverse curls.

This is a very efficient workout otherwise. I warmed up with the Six-Pack Abs, skipped the warmup, went as heavy as I could, added on reps where I thought it made sense and had a really good, really quick UB workout.
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 09:36 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Stacked Upper Body. I am set in my ways. I don’t like circuits, so I only ran through each set of exercises once, rather than finishing them all and then repeating. Maybe that’s where I went wrong. The weights were much lighter and there weren’t many reps. I was left feeling “that’s it?” And I guess I just like straightforward exercises and not those that maybe are meant to be “new and unique” variations rather than “the same old exercises.”

I’m really looking forward to Body Weight and Bands on Saturday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
I did Stacked Upper Body today - 35 minutes

Cathe does 3 sets of 7 exercises (repeated once). I liked the set up and most of the exercises. However, the first group of exercises uses 2 different push up variations, which I personally do NOT like. I suffered an injury doing a push up once which still haunts me, so I'm certain that is why I hate push ups....but Cathe seems to love them! I will just sub out different exercises for those if I don't feel like doing them.

The music was fine but it was a bit annoying that it didn't match the move count, especially when Cathe does moves on the bench (looking up) or facing the floor (bent over tricep extensions) when you can't really look at the TV. I noticed that she didn't count much in this w/o either, which for the most part I appreciate, but it actually would have been helpful in the above mentioned moves. This is when the music match with the count is appreciated, but it didn't happen. I guess it's just a small complaint with the workout as a whole. I really liked the new variations on the shoulder exercises.

I liked the slight variations in the warm up and cool down. The moves weren't new, just implemented differently. The back stretch in the cool down was heavenly! Maybe it was just b/c I had a tight back today before I even started the workout. Anyways, I was very grateful for the back stretch.

All in all I would rate this a 7/10. It's nice to have a UB workout that can be done in such a short amount of time without feeling like a waste of time.
I did this WO yesterday and Joni and Angie pretty much sum up my thoughts. On a lark, I did it after P57 Arm and Ab Booster. I may have felt differently had I done it on its own. The being off the music thing bothered me more than I thought it would. I don’t enjoy the music, even if it’s good, as much because it feels like a battle between the music and the WO cadence.

I really like Joni’s idea of doing one set of each. I guess you could just skip EO chapter. That would make it truly short enough to use as an add on.

This feels different than my favorite method of giant sets and maybe I need to get over that.

I’m focusing on what I didn’t enjoy here. Overall I got a great workout and will probably enjoy it more the next time.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 09:47 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
This one was great! I loved every minute of it. Took me a bit to figure out which band and resistance tube I would need, so paused to go back through the chapters to re-do a few of the exercise. I really can't wait to do this one again!

There isn't one workout from the set that I haven't liked yet. I'm very happy with this purchase!
This is the only one I am interested in. I love using bands. It looks more unique. I just don't want to pay $23 for it. I will wait for a Collage or Mary sale.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 12:36 PM  
ChelePA

Still working my way through the Lite Series. Today was Metabolic Blast and I added on the Timesaver Premix of one set of everything from Pyramid Pump. I loved Metabolic Blast. New moves are awesome and time flew. I went up on most weights and it was a great workout. For Pyramid Pump, I’ll probably use only the premixes. I’m not big on lots of repetition with weights. I know it defeats the purpose of this type of workout, but I get bored. For this Premix, I used the heaviest weight for each exercise x 12 reps. In the future, I would probably repeat this segment or use one of the premixes that only does each exercise x 3.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 12:42 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Today I did Cardio Party. I liked this one, I am not a huge fan of hi-lo but I enjoyed the routine. I skipped the blasts, didn't feel like doing those. I will definitely do this one again, I got tripped up a few times but for the most part the choreography was pretty simple. I liked it and thought it was fun.

It was nice to see Lisa from the old workouts in this one, too bad she didn't appear in more.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 01:43 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
This is the only one I am interested in. I love using bands. It looks more unique. I just don't want to pay $23 for it. I will wait for a Collage or Mary sale.
Individual DVDs for the series being sold on VF roost on Facebook for $14 each including shipping or $13 if you buy two or more.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 02:00 PM  
bubbles76

LITE Pyramid

Oh I really enjoyed LITE Pyramid everyone . I like that it started with lower body first, as lower body work is harder for me. Got me sweaty and ready for the upper body. I did the whole 80 minute workout, and used the same weights Cathe and crew used on all but one exercise -- shoulder overhead press. She used 5, 8, and 10's. I used 3, 5, and 8's. I have a wonky shoulder and this was my first time using this workout. I feel nicely sore and slept soooo good last night! The workout was 80 minutes long, but I probably dragged it out to 90 minutes. She stretched after she was done with all the exercises, but it wasn't very long. I stretched for a minute at the end of each segment. Then I did a thorough 15 minute stretch for lower body afterwards. Yea, this one is a keeper, but strictly for weekends.

ETA: I did use sliders, but not for the cross back exercise. And I used the ball for all but two exercises -- inclined chest press (modified it to a regular chest press) and some other exercise. At that point, my lower back was feeling twingey, so I went to the ground.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands