Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-19, 07:34 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Band Workout

I use bodylastics for long bands. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006NZZH18...ing=UTF8&psc=1
For loops I use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-15-19, 07:45 AM  
Rhonda

I did Stacked Lower Body today and enjoyed it. I like that it was a straightforward strength workout without cardio. Seems lately when she does lower body workouts she puts in cardio segments but I like just the strength by itself.

I can see myself using this one quite a bit. I like that she only repeats each set once. This workout flew by and my legs felt worked but not overly.

I did use more weight in some exercises. I like that she used a barbell, as I don't get to use mine too often.

She does have the exercise and weight used listed before each exercise. Also glad it is all standing.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 08:15 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I did Cardio Party this morning, just the workout and no add one. I loved it!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 09:02 AM  
cttx31

>Does Cathe or the workout say what weights she's using before each exercise? I usually depend on the guide for this, but there isn't one yet.

I just did the Metabolic one and not only does she mention which weight she uses, it displays on the screen at the start of each exercise.
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 09:09 AM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I agree Cathe loves her long warmups but to me that is one of the best things about her as an instructor. For a cardio workout it makes it so much easier for me if there is an extended warmup, I feel like I can work twice as hard after a long warmup and not feel fried. I’ve been doing some 20-minute workouts lately where the warmup is about a minute and I feel like I’m gasping for breath after the first interval whereas with Cathe I feel like I’m in the zone and can go forever and get more benefit from the workout and not feel horrible in the process. The warmups that DO bug me are many of the Firms - “Step touch, step touch, step touch OOOOHHH that was hard!”
This exactly!! When I first started doing Cathe, she scared me w/ the intensity and advanced level. But w/ a decent warm-up I feel like I can accomplish whatever she throws at me. It's perfect.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 09:17 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

FYI, here's the rotation posted in Cathe's calendar (thanks to ChelePA for posting on Cathe's forum) -
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 09:30 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I should have been clearer in my comment I guess. Cathe only seems to have extended warmups for the kickboxing/boxing workouts, not for her other cardio workouts. I find this strange. Some of her other cardio workouts could use a longer warmup.

LOL Joni.
I get what you're saying. I have wondered about that too. Sometimes I'm getting in the groove of her kickboxing workout and she'll say something like, "okay, let's move on into the workout." I'm like, what, we weren't already there? That happened this morning in her Cardio Party. The warm up is 9 minutes and some change. Not that I mind, but I was just like, hey, we weren't already partying?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 10:44 AM  
ChelePA

Posted on Facebook but don’t think everyone is in that group.

Stacked Upper Body today with Abs 2 and Extended Stretch. This one is perfect for me as a weight workout. I can never lift nearly as heavy as Cathe with upper body. I’m usually intermediate to advanced intermediate. I loved the pace of the workout and that each exercise group only had two rounds. I don’t like lots of repetitive exercises especially with weight workouts. This kept it fresh and moving. The ab section was much more difficult than I expected. Definitely not intermediate to me. But I liked that it was a slower pace than some of her other ab workouts. Extended stretch is nice when needed.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 10:55 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
Does Cathe or the workout say what weights she's using before each exercise? I usually depend on the guide for this, but there isn't one yet.
Just finished Stacked Upper Body and weights were listed.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 01:51 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Thank you for asking. I'd forgotten about this and I don't have tubing with handles, though I have a band and loops. What tubing does everyone use?
I haven't done my Cathes yet - they were delivered yesterday but I have a cold and haven't worked out. So I don't know if they will be a good resistance level, but I have these from Mary:
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/3-L...g-1-p/2093.htm

I also have some heavier Beachbody ones, but they're quite old. If I need them, I'll have to make sure they are still stretchy!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands