Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box

Old 06-06-12, 06:29 AM  
sherry7899

does anyone have a Yonanas soft serve/frozen yogurt machine?

Does anyone have a Yonanas machine? They make soft serve ice cream out of frozen fruit. Kohls has it on sale this week (online only) and I have a 30% off coupon....I'm sort of tempted.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/cros...wCount#reviews

Thanks!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 06:38 AM  
Diana3271

I don't have time right now to compare, but is this the same product? http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=18484749 Maybe it would be cheaper this way with their 20% off coupons.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 07:19 AM  
sherry7899

Diana-thank you! Yes, I think it would be cheaper to get it at Bed Bath and Beyond, and they have it in the store (no shipping charge). I don't have a coupon for there, but I should get one in the mail soon. I am signed up for them.

Thanks!
Sherry

Old 06-06-12, 07:57 PM  
klutze01

I don't have a Yonanas but have made soft serve out of bananas by just throwing frozen banana chunks into a food processor. I added some honey and cinnamon and it turned out great. If you have a food processor, you might want to experiment before you make the investment in another gadget.
Old 06-06-12, 08:35 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Diana-thank you! Yes, I think it would be cheaper to get it at Bed Bath and Beyond, and they have it in the store (no shipping charge). I don't have a coupon for there, but I should get one in the mail soon. I am signed up for them.

Thanks!
Sherry
Sherry, it might be a while before they send you a coupon. I could mail you one if you want, I have several and they take them no matter the expiration date. Just PM your address if you want it.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12, 01:10 PM  
sherry7899

Gale,you are so sweet! Thank you for your kind offer. After reading the conflicting reviews for the machine, I decided not to buy one. I think I will try again to make soft serve with my Ninja Master Prep....I really don't need any more "gadgets" cluttering up the kitchen

Old 06-14-12, 03:39 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutze01 View Post
I don't have a Yonanas but have made soft serve out of bananas by just throwing frozen banana chunks into a food processor. I added some honey and cinnamon and it turned out great. If you have a food processor, you might want to experiment before you make the investment in another gadget.
^2.

i already have a blender and a magic-bulletish thingy made by sunbeam. SIL also gave me a cuisinart food processor that supposedly crushes ice which i have yet to open!

both the blender and sunbeam do frozen fruit magically well. i buy the frozen strawberries from costco, and i freeze my own bananas (after slicing them).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 05:17 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Jeannine!

I actually used the Ninja to make to make peanut butter soft serve last night...okay, it's not exactly low calorie, but it was really good! I blended frozen bananas, half and half and natural peanut butter (smooth). It was delicious

Sherry

Old 06-14-12, 04:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thanks, Jeannine!

I actually used the Ninja to make to make peanut butter soft serve last night...okay, it's not exactly low calorie, but it was really good! I blended frozen bananas, half and half and natural peanut butter (smooth). It was delicious

Sherry
wow - you're lucky to have the ninja! my younger sister has one, and she loves it. but yah - if you have the ninja, i don't think you'd necessarily need a yonanas.

couple of tips about peanut butter.

1) you don't need a lot of PB in your smoothies since the flavor is strong and can blend well.

2) Amazon now sells that powdered, non-fat peanut butter. there were threads a few years back when many VFers and Yaya's had raved about it. that might be a consideration. i think it's called PB2, and they said the taste was really good when you reconstituted it with water. i didn't buy it because the shipping was high (sole source). but now that amazon sells it, might be worth getting.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 06:02 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Jeanine! I do have "Better than Peanut Butter" which I got from Trader Joe's. They sell it in Target also. I will try using that next time to cut back on calories. If it doesn't taste good, I'll look into PB2. The soft serve I made last night was really good, and I do want to make it again.

Sherry