Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-10, 09:48 AM  
daisysunshine

OOH! A Curtain Rod might work [as it will be longer!] And I will try doing it without anything (I always assume that your arms have to be straight out when doing the move hehe).

You all have been REALLY helpful. thanks so much.

HI AnMrsDe!

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 10:01 AM  
ukjocilyn

What about using small hand weights for the side bends like Tracy does in the original Squeeze?

I use a broom stick that I got from the dollar store and it works fine. But, I am really short (under 5 feet) so I don't have the arm length issue. It does bother my neck a little if I place it right against my neck, so I extend my arms all the way out and set the stick a little lower so it kinda rests on my back a little.
ukjocilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 11:22 AM  
mtnmom

Could you use a towel by itself like Kelly does in the active rests on 30 Minutes to Fitness (Weights)? I borrowed Squeeze Stronger and did the waist section once, so I'm not really an expert. I think at the time, I used a cut-off broomstick handle I have laying around.
Old 01-22-10, 12:33 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
I used to use my dowel, but one time I roped DH into doing Squeeze Stronger with me. I gave him the dowel and I used nothing. I think it worked better that way, actually. It's more comfortable and I might even be going deeper in the move. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the stick helps you keep your alignment better?
That's a good point -- I think I am able to really concentrate on going more deeply. I'm sure a stick would make it more challenging in other ways, but I feel the burn without it

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 12:36 PM  
daisysunshine

Okay this is good

i was about to beg my dad for the money so i can get it, (i really thought it could make a difference), but considering most of it is split (and a lot of people feel it more without it )- I'll just continue to use my broomstick, and try not to use anything for the side bends.

I am just happy I can now do the waist section and not feel DOMS anymore. LOL. my side must be used to moving that way

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 02:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i bought SS for christmas for myself () but haven't tried it yet - i will be getting to it this week (got a bunch of vids for christmas that i tried one by one!). i don't have the stick, but i have numerous other padded and weighted bars (Firm stick, a bally padded bar (4#), etc.).

i looked at the collage clip, and if you need padding on a dowel, you could easily get a piece of pipe insulation from home depot/lowe's and wrap it around.

you might be interested in reading this thread on people's thoughts about the squeeze stick:
linky

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 02:53 PM  
Raphig

I use my Swiffer, and it works fine. I don't do Squeeze Stronger that frequently, though. I do have to be careful not to place the pole right on my neck (where it would sit on a vertebra) but right at the base of it so it's more comfortable.

Terri
Raphig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 11:27 PM  
kimstories

Where can I purchase the squeeze stick? Kim
kimstories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 10:44 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimstories View Post
Where can I purchase the squeeze stick? Kim
Tracy's site is www.squeezebytracy.com

I just tried to go to her store and got an error of "Forbidden!" Not sure what that's about and would hope that's only temporary.
Old 02-09-10, 01:34 AM  
kimstories

I also tried the site and got the same response. Kim
kimstories is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
squeeze stick, squeeze stronger, tracy effinger