Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-14-14, 12:03 PM  
suzannaerin

Don't worry about keeping up, just go at your own pace.

This one looks pretty good. Looks like she's adapted some of her signature step moves to the floor/mat. I do agree that the workout doesn't look like it's 100% low impact, but I was pleased to see that she didn't throw in compound weight work (i.e., squat/overhead presses).
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-14, 12:49 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Clip for Back, Bi's: http://cathe.com/forum/threads/video...ulders.298021/

I am so excited for these!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-14, 12:59 PM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
Is it just me or is she going at warp speed in these workouts (during the cardio)? It's like the clips are sped up! I don't know if I'll be able to keep up!
I felt it looked very fast also. Hopefully that's not the case.
Old 11-14-14, 01:31 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Just a thought for anyone that wants to go heavier with these...

I'm planning on going heavier with the weights and aiming for 8 reps per exercise rather then the 12 that Cathe is doing in these. I'm thinking that with a heavier weight, 8 reps and slightly slower pace I'll be finishing the sets about the same time that Cathe does. Of course, I won't know for sure how that will pan out until I actually do the workouts, but that is my plan for the upper body weight discs.
Old 11-14-14, 02:29 PM  
thaispice

I can't believe I'm asking this, but the clips do look great and all the hype is starting to wear me down. Anyone out there who put in their pre-order during the 1st round (at the lowest price) and is considering cancelling: would you like to transfer the presale order to me, or split it with me? And yes, I know that a presale sale is still available but the $10 difference would somehow make me feel better about ordering something I absolutely do not need. Please PM me if interested. Thanks!
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-14, 02:30 PM  
Sara1000

I will probably go slower also - but I was hoping these would be designed to go at a slower pace - was expecting an updated version of Slow and Heavy for some reason.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-14, 02:31 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
Just a thought for anyone that wants to go heavier with these...

I'm planning on going heavier with the weights and aiming for 8 reps per exercise rather then the 12 that Cathe is doing in these. I'm thinking that with a heavier weight, 8 reps and slightly slower pace I'll be finishing the sets about the same time that Cathe does. Of course, I won't know for sure how that will pan out until I actually do the workouts, but that is my plan for the upper body weight discs.
Good one! The description says 12 reps for most exercises but in the back/bis/shoulders clip she's counting way higher on some exercises (and going fast on her reps). I might steal your idea.
Old 11-14-14, 03:30 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

When she went above 12 reps, I think she was doing the burn set.
Old 11-14-14, 04:35 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I will probably go slower also - but I was hoping these would be designed to go at a slower pace - was expecting an updated version of Slow and Heavy for some reason.
The initial promise was for a true heavy weight program. I guess it boiled down to the definition of that. They look fine just not what I wanted. I canceled my preorder and will probably start a new STS rotation this week. My body does best when I lift heavy and I just can't heavy up enough at that speed. The clips kind of remind me of her High Reps DVD.

Essentially, I don't want to pay for or store a series that I have to modify so much to meet my goals ----but I have done that in the past. I'm more picky these days because there are so many more options that do match better.
Old 11-14-14, 04:43 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
The initial promise was for a true heavy weight program. I guess it boiled down to the definition of that. They look fine just not what I wanted. I canceled my preorder and will probably start a new STS rotation this week. My body does best when I lift heavy and I just can't heavy up enough at that speed. The clips kind of remind me of her High Reps DVD.

Essentially, I don't want to pay for or store a series that I have to modify so much to meet my goals ----but I have done that in the past. I'm more picky these days because there are so many more options that do match better.
I was hoping for a true heavy weight program too. I'm keeping my preorder and am planning on doing what Eyefit suggested but I am a bit disappointed.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe hiit, cathe hiit workouts, new cathe workouts, new cathe workouts 2014, ripped with hiit