Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-27-20, 08:19 PM  
cyana

Today:
Holden 1.10.2020 Class - There were new students in this class (the classes are filmed so you don't see the students, only Lee), so Lee spent a few minutes talking about qi gong and how Chinese practitioners weren't paid if their clients got sick - too bad the US medical system doesn't work that way!
MFML - Tune In Tune Up: Third Eye - Andrew Kwiatkowski
MFML - Sun Salutations for Everybody - Adam Hocke
YT - Jessica Smith - 12 Minute Power Walk posted 5.3.2014

Beth - So sorry to hear about your work woes.

Anny - Hopefully you'll sleep better tonight with less worry. We're busier than usual right now and having to take on some extra work, so I hear you with the busy mind that wants to keep on working when it's time to be asleep.

Paine - I hope you enjoy the latest neck video. I kept thinking about YMCA when he called it YWLT, LOL!!! Yes, I am a goofball!

Garrie - Congratulations for sticking with STS - good luck with finishing it out on a high note!!

Waves to ALL. Going to start winding it down for the night, as tomorrow is another busy day.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 09:40 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks for the support! The extra work is in part figuring out how we are going to handle the extra work! Last year we saw 16% of the student population in counseling services, up from 11-12% a few years before. We just can't continue to manage the high influx of students seeking mental health services.

I did a couple of different premixes from KCM for cardio tonight. After that it was a bit of restorative yoga and some meditation, and it will be early to bed tonight for me!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 10:57 AM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Just touching bases right now. I didn't work out Sunday or Monday. On Sunday I just could not face still another round of Miranda + connective tissue LOL! I'm thinking I've gotten what I need out of this year's Essentrics 30-Day Health Challenge and will probably bail. Besides, I was starting to dread my workouts, which is a huge red flag that maybe they aren't what my body and mind need at the moment. Monday was my usual day off from exercising. Not sure what I'll do today before my library shift this afternoon, although a long walk sounds tempting.

I don't really mind February. It helps, of course, that we don't have snow here! It is the month of August I have issues with.

Hope we hear from our Linda (and Meow Meow) soon.

Anny: You are smart to keep things gentle in that heat!

Beth: Sorry to hear about the increased workload. Seems like we are always being asked to provide more services with less resources these days.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 12:08 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Blogilates YouTube: 12 Minutes to Toned Thighs Workout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vti3KctPe4

I didn't feel like working out this morning but I came across this 12 minute thigh workout on YouTube and it looked good to me. I'm glad I did it because it was fun!

Sandra, it's best to stop doing the Essentrics Challenge if you were feeling dread towards it. Dread is a motivation killer for sure!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 02:54 PM  
Anny

Beth I can only imagine how difficult it must be to face increasing numbers of those who need help with decreasing people employed to help.

cyana you perfectly describe the busy mind at night syndrome!

Sandra, I agree with Paine. If the Essentrics challenge is causing such dread for you right now, it is good to let it go.

Paine I have never done Blogilates but liked the look of that short workout.

Yesterday was another hot day and though I love hot days, I kept my walk short. My knee and leg was also playing up so I did Adriene’s Yoga for Chronic Pain. It was so helpful that I may do it again today!
Old 01-28-20, 03:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I do Blogilates sometimes; Cassey is funny!

Cyana I'm listening to the forward head posture video now.

Anny I think we all get that nighttime thinking at times! That sounds like another Adriene I would like.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-29-20, 12:17 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Good 'N Strong Volume 1 Upper Body work
YouTube: 20 Minute Tight Hamstring Stretch with Sydney Cummings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ityv2s58LM

The hamstring stretch on YouTube was just OK. I'm not sure if I'd do that one again.

Happy Hump Day!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-20, 12:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Never a dull moment around here...the power was off in half the campus, including our main building (I was okay here in my satellite office), so things were chaotic!!!

Paine, I tried the Blogilates practice you mentioned yesterday--to me it was definitely more hard than fun! I was happy when she got to the floor.

I have to be at work a little late today for a presentation, so it will probably be just a short yoga practice when I get home tonight.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-29-20, 01:02 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I've seen this before; could not resist as a funny for today!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-29-20, 02:09 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: It is a pretty, sunny winter day here, so I went for a two-mile outdoor walk. After I got back I did Margaret Richard Unplugged episode 1909. Not yet ready to pull out any Classical Stretch/Essentrics stuff!

Beth: Yikes on the power outage! I like the Dilbert cartoon. His stuff is timeless. I remember reading that the artist, Scott Adams, actually kept his corporate day job for a long time even after the strip became successful because it was such a great source of material!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote