Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-09-20, 02:00 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Jackie - thanks, I was wondering if it was the chicken breast not "liking" being pressure cooked. I won't ruin another pressure cooked pork loin in mine again, either. Shoe leather!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 02:16 PM  
sherry7899

The only time I had trouble with chicken breast in the Instant Pot was when I used an Amy and Jacky blog recipe to cook seasoned chicken. It came out really dry. If I use chicken in a recipe with other ingredients it comes out fine. I made chicken with pesto and risotto last night, and it was delicious! I had extra defrosted chicken breasts, so I seasoned them with oregano and garlic powder and grilled them on my Cuisinart indoor grill, let them test and then sliced them. I used them for quesadillas for lunch today

This is the recipe I made. I use more pesto than it calls for:

https://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/in...icken-risotto/

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 03:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Pat, that chicken pesto risotto recipe is awesome! I agree with Sherry, go heavier on the pesto. I’ve made a few other IP recipes with boneless breast and they come out beautifully. The only pork I’ve done in the IP is pork shoulder, have a really tasty recipe with sauerkraut. It was moist & delish but it is more marbled and I think that helps.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 08:55 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

I went to my PT today, tired of lack of progress with my PF, feel like it’s two steps forward & one step back. I want to be in good form for our holiday next month. He is awesome and always right on with dx & tx. He was just at a conference on PF and treatment has evolved significantly. Bottom line.... my issues originate in my low back, not surprising after my last bout with SI dysfunction. So I had an IMS dry needing tx in my foot, calf, hip, & low back. I have booked four more treatments although I’m hoping 3 more might do it. A couple of the needles were real zingers, lol. I’ve been told to dial things back for a while....avoid impact (ie my rebounder) and walk a bit less, keep my stretching very gentle, & don’t overly stretch my feet. Heat on my low back, calf, & foot, and wide angle legs up the wall with abs relaxed & slight hip elevation. So I shall follow instructions!

So today was...
~a short walk to book club
~headstand (made sure he was okay with that)
~legs up the wall.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 07:51 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

Still not 100% (residual/intermittent vertigo that is annoying as heck and sitting in front of a computer doesn't help), but I'm hanging in there.

Yesterday:
Qi Gong for Neck and Shoulders - Lee Holden

This was a nice practice in a beautiful setting. I'm going to try some headache/shoulder/neck focused practices for a while to see if it might help keep the headaches at bay. I'm thinking Yoga in the Garden of Serenity would be another good practice.

Will try to catch up with everyone over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 10:04 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

Thursday:

Soul Sweat with Lucy "Dancing for a Great Cause" 55 minutes
meditation
Yoga Su-Yoga for the back

Friday:

Soul Sweat with Lucy "Dancing Your Inspiration" 54 minutes
Yoga Su-Twists for the back

I will do meditation later.

Cyana, I am so sorry about the migraines. I hope you are feeling better.

I will check back later. I am waiting for a call from the person who is coming to repair our refrigerator. Apparently our less than three year old refrigerator needs a new fan. Sigh...

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 11:12 AM  
Margot

Hi everyone

I have a little more time for exercise, now we’ve returned from Las Vegas. Yesterday was:
- 1 hour walk
- Body Groove Spicy Latin #4
- PA Glute-focused mat
- MFML Wind down your day

Today so far:
- Lee Holden Jan 3, 20
- PA Arms add-on using light weights
- MFML Restful Flow - Adam Hocke

It’s sunny here but breezy. There’s a balloon festival here until Sunday, so I expect we’ll be going down to the fair today and hopefully will catch the launch early tomorrow morning.

I’m so glad I’m reasonably fit and flexible! In Las Vegas, I was leaving a shopping mall after dark and tripped over a concrete block, which sent me into a flying leap with such momentum, I couldn’t stop! All I could do was try and stop myself from taking a dive onto the concrete sidewalk. My DH said there was nothing he could do to save me and that I was moving so fast, I looked like a gymnast with my arms and legs flailing everywhere. I ended up half-crashing into some half-closed picnic umbrellas but I never hit the ground. A man sitting at a nearby table was really concerned. I was more embarrassed than anything but glad I walked away with just a bruise on my arm and didn’t end up in the ER!

I’ll be back for personals.
Old 01-10-20, 11:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday I did a good long PT floor session and Kia Miller's Recharge and Glow practice on Glo for the sadhana.

Margot, oh my goodness! I can't imagine what would have happened if you didn't pay attention to your health. Having your flexibility and mind/body connection surely kept your fall from being so much worse. Enjoy the balloon festival!

Pam, I hope this round of PT is helpful and I'm sorry that your SI symptoms are nagging you. What a drain!

Sherry, thank you for the chicken and pesto recipe. It looks so nice and simple. I subscribed to her blog. Good luck with your fridge.

Cyana,, good luck with the yoga/qigong focus for vertigo and I hope you feel well soon.

Hello to Jackie and anyone who visits!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 08:46 PM  
Margot

I lost all my personals. I keep getting a 500 internal server error when I try to post more than a sentence or two. Hopefully, I’ll be able to to sort out the problem.

Wishing everyone a very happy weekend.
Old 01-10-20, 08:48 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Oh bummer Margot.

I did Ellen's new one today...she has a 30 minute barre workout on her streaming. I thought it was ok...I like the length and I like spending time with Ellen. I also did some weight work with Jessica Smith and YTU balls on my feet.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote