Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-20, 12:25 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!, Math Teacher

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 04:37 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Happy Birthday Math Teacher!!!

Hope you have a great day!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 05:28 PM  
MathTeacher

Thanks, Girls! It has been a great day.
Old 01-26-20, 07:23 PM  
T2B

Shocking news about Kobe Bryant, his 13 yo daughter, and the 7 other people killed in the helicopter crash. Sad day.

Char - those KBKB Scorcher workouts are pretty challenging, at least to me. I remember sweating a lot.

Math Teacher - Happy Birthday! Glad you’re having a good day!

Cher - thanks, are you seeing improvements in your hip/back pain? How much longer will you have to do PT? Did you see that Cathe will be ending the presale soon?

AnMrsDe - thanks for starting us out again. How old is this baby you’ll be babysitting? Hope it’s fun! I would say it will be exhausting at first but then with everything you do daily - your workouts, church volunteering, taking care of yard maintenance/landscaping and snow removal for 2 houses, plus everything else, babysitting will be a be a piece of cake for you. I’ve been gearing up for my STS rotation. Got out my STS binder with all my worksheets that I printed initially in 2009. The first time I ever started a STS rotation was 1/30/2009 according to the date on my worksheets. This is probably the last time I can use these printouts because this round will fill in all the blank spaces on the worksheets.

Jane - glad to hear you’re feeling better.

Dorothy - how is your long friend doing? Glad your dinner for your sister was a big success!

clerkin - how is baby Kian?

AsSweet - thinking about you! Hope all is well!

Wishing everyone a good week!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 07:46 AM  
Cher

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MATH TEACHER!

Thanks T2B, I didn’t see that Cathe was ending the presale soon. I guess I better make up my mind quickly about preordering. I thought the PT was helping, but now I’m not really sure since my hip has been bothering me more the last few days. They extended the PT for me to go a few more weeks. I’m just really getting irritated with the whole thing. Yes, really a shock about Kobe. Such a tragedy.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 10:32 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
I thought the PT was helping, but now I’m not really sure since my hip has been bothering me more the last few days. They extended the PT for me to go a few more weeks. I’m just really getting irritated with the whole thing..
Cher can you switch PT?

I did when I was going through and although they have some similar protocols, I honestly believe there are some that are better than others. Especially if you express how your discomfort is increasing. A fresh approach might be helpful. It helped me.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 05:35 PM  
CharM

Happy belated birthday, MathTeacher.

Clerkin, I hope baby Kian is doing better. I keep thinking of the little guy.

T2B - well it's good to know that you found KBKB challenging and that it's not just me. I don't know when I'll try it again, I'm scared.

AMD, thanks for starting February's thread. How old is the baby, if you don't mind my asking? I'm sure you're going to have an interesting week, some babies can be a handful. (which is why we chose not to have any) LOL!

Cher, I'm sorry to read that you're hip has been bothering you, PT is supposed to help. I agree with fanofladyvols, that you might want to see a different therapist if possible.

Dorothy, I see you're enjoying Gina B.'s workouts. I also just "met" her this month and I'm already hooked, it's sad how easily I get hooked on someone. I even bought a dvd.

waves to all
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 08:15 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

T2B, my friend came home from rehab on Jan 18. She's doing pretty well. It's a big adjustment having the temporary colostomy bag--lots of "accidents" so far, but finally got a good home nurse that is helping her get the supplies that will work for her particular situation. My friend tires easily, but I can tell she's getting stronger every day. She will have the ostomy reversed in May. Thanks so much for asking!

CharM, so far I've resisted buying a Gina B dvd. But when I do an instructor's workouts on YT for free, I feel like I ought to buy a dvd from them too, so I'll get one soon!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 07:34 AM  
Cher

Clerkin, sounds like a fun relaxing day yesterday! How’s Kian doing?

AnMrsDe, How fun to have a baby around a few days a week! It might be some work but it will be probably be fun.

flanofladyvols & Char, unfortunately this is the only place near me that my insurance covers. I would have to drive about 30 minutes to go to another place that my insurance covers. I did mention how I’m feeling to them and they changed a few exercises and changed a few things up. We’ll see. I really think I need to avoid sitting so much for to long during my day. I do notice it gets worse when I sit more. So, I’m now trying to make sure I get up and move move around more. It’s hard when it is winter and I don’t work outside the home but I’m just going to have to figure out how to do it.

Dorothy, So glad to hear your friend came home! That’s great! I really like Gina B. She has some fun workouts on her YouTube channel.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 09:04 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Shocking news about Kobe Bryant, his 13 yo daughter, and the 7 other people killed in the helicopter crash. Sad day.

AnMrsDe - thanks for starting us out again. How old is this baby you’ll be babysitting? Hope it’s fun! I would say it will be exhausting at first but then with everything you do daily - your workouts, church volunteering, taking care of yard maintenance/landscaping and snow removal for 2 houses, plus everything else, babysitting will be a be a piece of cake for you. I’ve been gearing up for my STS rotation. Got out my STS binder with all my worksheets that I printed initially in 2009. The first time I ever started a STS rotation was 1/30/2009 according to the date on my worksheets. This is probably the last time I can use these printouts because this round will fill in all the blank spaces on the worksheets.
I was just shocked about Kobe and his daughter....he was just such a great player, dad and person it sounded like.//Don't forget about helping out my parents too, LOLOLOL!!! I have to say my mom was a little skeptical about me doing this....she thinks it'll take away from my time doing things for them, haha! (I won't let that happen, of course). I wrote more in my check-in about the baby (she's 3 months and just a DOLL!)//Sooo cool about having your STS notebook all copied, 3 hole punched?, and ready to push play!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post

Clerkin, I hope baby Kian is doing better. I keep thinking of the little guy.

AMD, thanks for starting February's thread. How old is the baby, if you don't mind my asking? I'm sure you're going to have an interesting week, some babies can be a handful. (which is why we chose not to have any) LOL!
I hope little Kian is improving, too!//The baby is 3 months and the best little thing! Just so darn cute!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post

AnMrsDe, How fun to have a baby around a few days a week! It might be some work but it will be probably be fun.
It was yesterday (fun!) but I got a lot done too, which surprised me but I cleaned my house on Sunday cause I didn't think it'd happen yesterday while watching her. //I hope you can get the PT issue worked out and correct your hip problems. I think you're right about sitting a lot just makes it worse and when I had my hip issue, doing Winsor B&T (regularly) helped to strengthen my hips which helped, I think.

Dorothy, great news about your friend! Hope she improves daily!

Jane, hope you're feeling better! For me, that sinus/cough thing took FOREVER to go away! Hopefully yours is just a cold. It doesn't sound like it's hampering your workouts any, though.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts