Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-07-20, 05:01 PM  
AnMrsDe

Awwe, thank you ladies! I don't seem like I'm so inspiring these days...not up to my usual workout standards. Maybe doing something different (Romney Studios) until I'm back to my usual self will help since the workouts are mostly low impact!!!

Waves~~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 01:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Let me add my welcome, fanofladyvols. I love seeing new people join and all the workouts they put together.

And yes, AnMrsDe is an inspiration to us all.

Hello to all my old comrades, it's great to be back amoung you. Wish me luck in keeping up the habit...
Thanks Bex!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 02:27 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Welcome fanofladyvols! I'm terrible about posting other than updating my page but I wanted to welcome you to the check-in!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 04:59 PM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe Try this Yvette for the Bosu https://youtu.be/E5EcsLkF3uY It moves a little slower than some of hers and if I recall correctly it alternates kettlebell exercises too. My favorite Yvette Bosu is the one that got taken down for copyright. It was so great! There was a thruster move where you jump on and off of the Bosu at the top. I know, sounds dangerous but it was fun and you only live once Every Romney workout I’ve done has that floor work on all fours. It could definitely get tedious especially if it bothers your wrists. It’s good to try something different anyway. I never thought I’d even enjoy these type of workouts but something has clicked. Who knows what I’ll be into next.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 08:46 PM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks, Jane, I’ll check that Yvette out. I just reread your description of the Romney Studio Pulse workout you did earlier in the month. You mentioned it’s $10/month after the trial. Is there a promo code to make it $10 instead of $20/ month?
Old 01-08-20, 09:18 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Thanks, Jane, I’ll check that Yvette out. I just reread your description of the Romney Studio Pulse workout you did earlier in the month. You mentioned it’s $10/month after the trial. Is there a promo code to make it $10 instead of $20/ month?
I just looked at my “manage subscription” page and it says it’s renewing tomorrow at $11.99. I didn’t use a promo code when I signed up but I wonder if it was a NYD special? I’ll check it tomorrow after it renews to make sure it’s the same price.

ETA My subscription is $11.99. That’s what it’s set to renew at next month. I think I just unwittingly caught a special.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 01:10 AM  
fanofladyvols

Thanks, Pat58!
I see lots of familiar folks in this group

AnMrsDe I saw where you picked up a BOSU. This is probably terrible enabling on my part but my wrists have thanked me for getting the BOSU balance pods. They are some of my most used exercise toys nowadays for any wrist to floor move. I did purchase a cheaper version but the ridges on the cheaper ones hurt my palms.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 11:12 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

AnMrsDe I saw where you picked up a BOSU. This is probably terrible enabling on my part but my wrists have thanked me for getting the BOSU balance pods. They are some of my most used exercise toys nowadays for any wrist to floor move. I did purchase a cheaper version but the ridges on the cheaper ones hurt my palms.
Thank you for mentioning these! I have never seen them before and think they would be much better than the handled push-up bars that everyone seems to say helps to alleviate wrist pain. (To me, I would have even worse-off wrists!) But something soft for your wrists makes sense! And they would be great for yoga and all the chats as well. I saw the Walmart ones that are cheaper but they have the "spikey dots" and like you, I think those would hurt my palms, so if I decide to get some, I'll go the more expensive route from Amazon (not bad price for 2 pairs, however). Thanks again - I just may "bite" on those since I'm always complaining about my wrists and with the weather getting colder, more often are the arthritis flare-ups. So I'd have the "Mommy Bosu and the 2 Baby Bosu's".

Cher, glad to read you're moving right along with your workouts/PT work.//We're getting the rain too but turning to snow this afternoon....Right now the rain has let up, so I don't think we got as much as what they were predicting. Maybe we'll luck out with the snow too!

Jane, Yvette has a new Bosu workout out....it looks fun! I will have to try that one too!//Re: Romney Studios, my account says I will be charged $19.99 when my trial is up, so I think I'll wait to subscribe when they have a sale and when they have more content. I didn't think there is really all that much content yet. (I like to get my money's worth!!) But I did enjoy the ones I've done so far....it truly is a different workout and it was refreshing to experience it!

Missing ASAS....hope everything is ok so far this year with her!!

Great job so far on the workouts, ladies!!! Way to ROCK IT!!!
Old 01-13-20, 11:05 PM  
clerkin11

I know this isn't fitness related, but if any of you are inclined to, please say prayers and send good thoughts to my niece's baby boy (Kian).
He's 4 1/2 months old and such a sweet baby.
Also please pray for his parents.
Kian was just diagnosed with a very rare, cancerous brain tumor.
They did surgery on Wednesday to get what they could. It's sitting on his brain stem so it's a delicate operation. They said the operation would take 10-15 hours and they weren't lying. They got about 30% of it out and he started bleeding. He lost a lot of blood and I think they lost him a few times on the table. It was absolute torture.
They did some angio procedure and finally got the bleeding to stop.
He's had several seizures since then and every day has been touch and go.
It's so crazy how everything can be so normal one day and a week later your world is turned upside down.
I can't even comprehend it all. But I refuse to think anything other than that he'll be ok. He's a baby, and all things are possible especially for babies.
Thank you!!
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 07:14 AM  
Cher

Oh Clerkin, that is so heart breaking to hear about your niece’s baby. I can’t even imagine having to deal with something like that with your sweet little baby. Hugs, thoughts and prayers for all of you.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts