Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-19, 07:46 AM  
pharma_gal

Anyone use audio workouts anymore?

Remember itrain and several treadmill/spin audio workouts on iTunes? Anyone use them anymore? Are audio coaching workouts still available on any platform? I would like to start using my spin bike again and looking for some motivation. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 08:44 AM  
Lannette

Funny you should ask. I just did part of a Hot Yoga audio last night. I purchased it 11 years ago.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 08:54 AM  
Thenu

I use Cardio coach regularly, it became part of my life. Never got bored with it which is surprising as I never could complete any rotations (if I have to repeat the same workouts). I couldn’t bring myself to listen to his voice for a year after Sean passed away. Then slowly started using them again (without the coach’s notes at the end of the workout).
Thenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 09:23 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenu View Post
I use Cardio coach regularly, it became part of my life. Never got bored with it which is surprising as I never could complete any rotations (if I have to repeat the same workouts). I couldn’t bring myself to listen to his voice for a year after Sean passed away. Then slowly started using them again (without the coach’s notes at the end of the workout).
Same with me - I use Cardio Coach regularly for running and spinning but I couldn't listen for at least a year after Sean died.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 09:57 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Same with me - I use Cardio Coach regularly for running and spinning but I couldn't listen for at least a year after Sean died.

Erica
Took me longer than a year. Hit me hard. I don't listen to the coach's notes either.

I use them now..I got to the place where I feel it's honoring what he taught me to do ...keep moving.

I also have Spotify and create playlists based on the interval schedule in his workouts (esp. vol. 3 and 4).

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 11:07 AM  
gladgirl

I love audio workouts and am always on the search for more...although not having much luck.

Cardio Coach is an all time favorite. Never get tired because it is so adaptable. Still searching for a couple of his.

Candace Grasso has a couple which I also use regularly.

I also have a Jessica Smith and an Amy Dixon...interval workouts.

I use them indoors on my treadmill and elliptical.

Lately, these audio workouts are the only ones I've been doing.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 01:48 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

For outdoor runs I still mainly use Cardio Coach workouts. I also have some iTread workouts on my ancient Sansa Clip MP3 player that I like to use too.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 02:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

yes, Kathy Smith's Walkfit series and all of her other walking audios.

i recently started using Shape Fitness CD tracks which use original artists and have the BPM paces printed on the label for each song. i found these at a library sale for like $2 each. back in the day (collage catalogs) these were really expensive! i downloaded them to an mp3 player. i'm trying to keep a 4 MPH pace, and some of the higher BPM tracks fit the bill.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 03:41 PM  
sbh

I still greatly enjoy Sage Rountree yoga podcast on Itunes. I downloaded them years ago. They are still available there.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 03:53 PM  
Linda KH
VF Supporter

I used both iTrain and Cardio Coach a LOT, but I've switched to streaming now. Aaptiv has audio-only cardio workouts - you can download and listen offline too. Les Mills has spin classes - they're video, but there's a setting you can use so you can just listen to the audio (I actually watch the video on my iPhone when I'm working out at the gym).

Tags
aaptiv, audio workouts, cardio coach, itrain