Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-19, 12:44 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Have you found your sweet spot?

Have you found your sweet spot in exercise yet? as in you know what you like and what works for you or are you still seeking?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 12:51 PM  
laurajhawk

Well, that seems to imply that once I find it, I've ARRIVED and everything's good forever, lol. So, no. I know a lot about what works for me and what doesn't, and I know I'll do yoga forever, but every day/week/year my body is different. I'm a believer in variety, too. So I'm not expecting to ever find one permanent "sweet spot".

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 01:09 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

That was my first thought, too, Laura...... I find my sweet spot, then I need a different sweet spot and I switch things up. Not too long ago I started a thread about how I was finally doing P90X and loving it plus seeing good results. Guess what? I got bored with that! Now I'm doing some combination of a "minimum required dose" of heaving lifting plus Essentrics. I'm sure that'll change in another month or so. The constant for me is that I do *something*.
Old 10-28-19, 01:19 PM  
muggle

I think I HAD a sweet spot then hit 50 and promptly lost it!! I agree that our bodies change and therefore your needs change. But we all keep going and simply try to do what feels good.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 01:50 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I thought there was. Glad I asked because so I won't be so hard on myself.

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-28-19, 04:46 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I thought there was. Glad I asked because so I won't be so hard on myself.
Nah, don't be hard on yourself!!! In my book, and I think a lot of us here, as long as you're doing something you're fine. As they say, the best workout is the one you'll do. For me it's about having some time to myself that I enjoy.
Old 10-28-19, 06:49 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Nah, don't be hard on yourself!!! In my book, and I think a lot of us here, as long as you're doing something you're fine. As they say, the best workout is the one you'll do. For me it's about having some time to myself that I enjoy.
Doesn’t look like a lot of people have found one. (

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-28-19, 06:56 PM  
deineira

For me it's always evolving. Right now it's kettlebell workouts and it has been for several months, which is a long time for me. I'm still excited about them and look forward to them, so I would say that's my sweet spot for now. We'll see how long that lasts.

My sweet spot for years and years was Cathe. Once I start straying from her, it's been a bit all over the place. But like Bee, my sweet spot is that I'm always doing something. I never stop exercising for more than a week or so, so as long as that's the case, I think I'm doing well.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 07:06 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I have to learn this new mentality, as long as I’m doing something. It’s hard motivating myself. If my stomach is upset, I don’t do it. If I’m cold, I don’t do it. I seem to get all the tools and then , I don’t do it. .

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-28-19, 08:46 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I have to learn this new mentality, as long as I’m doing something. It’s hard motivating myself. If my stomach is upset, I don’t do it. If I’m cold, I don’t do it. I seem to get all the tools and then , I don’t do it. .
I like working out, so for the most part, I don't really have to push myself to do it. However, if I *really* want a day off, I take it. Otherwise, I do give myself the grace of doing workouts that I actually enjoy. I don't personally have the fortitude to always do workouts I don't like because I "should", or because they're on the schedule. I try to pick hard workouts when I have good energy and can go harder, or on the weekends when I don't have to get up at 4:45. During the cold, dark early mornings, if I don't feel 100%, I honor that and take it down a notch. If I do have the energy then, I push it. If I'm dying to do something that I think would be more fun than what was on my schedule, I do it. Who cares!? I'm still exercising, doing something good for myself, and whatever I do, I never regret that I did it.

If you have something that you enjoy doing, and you have the relative energy to do it, if it's 15-20-30 minutes, then maybe having reasonable goals that honor what you enjoy would help you be a bit motivated.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sweet spot