Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-18-18, 09:04 AM  
mandie123

streaming Question

Anyone know why some sites I would have no prob streaming,while others I get alot of video freezing/buffering?So frustrating!
Old 06-18-18, 09:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hoping you get some answers. Some websites will do it sporadically for me then go back to being fine again.

One thing I've learned is to click on the little gear at the bottom of the video and select a lower definition.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-18, 09:27 AM  
mandie123

Thanks,I'll try that hoping it will help
Old 06-18-18, 10:21 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
Anyone know why some sites I would have no prob streaming,while others I get alot of video freezing/buffering?So frustrating!
I've had this issue too and can't figure it out, and I've had to end my subscription to some sites because of this.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-18, 12:19 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

It may be a bandwith issue. If a lot of others are trying to stream the same video at the same time, it's slowing down the server where that video resides.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-18, 03:07 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I used to have this problem until I upgraded my internet speed. The lower speed (basic) that most people have isn't fast enough to stream anything without some buffering. Ever since I upgraded the the higher speed, my buffering is almost non-existent.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-18, 09:57 AM  
ChrisS

I have the same issue. Thanks for the responses.
ChrisS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-18, 10:31 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
I used to have this problem until I upgraded my internet speed. The lower speed (basic) that most people have isn't fast enough to stream anything without some buffering. Ever since I upgraded the the higher speed, my buffering is almost non-existent.
Sherry
This isn't necessarily true. We do have the lowest speed (of cable, not DSL) and most everything works fine. There are some sites that don't, which as I said could be bandwidth issues on our end or theirs.

If we upgraded, we might see fewer or no issues, but honestly I've been pretty happy with what we have and don't see a reason to spend more. I work full-time from home (in the field of online education) and our internet has been fine for that too.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-18, 03:47 PM  
horsemom2

as mentioned, try lowering the quality.
another thing which may help is to pause and let the video stream awhile to load then restart it.

other tips:
make sure you are not using your internet or resources for anything else
just try it again a few minutes later
clear your browser's data/cache
try rebooting your device

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 05:55 AM  
Carol K

I only stream BeMax workouts and I use Chromecast to stream them to my TV, which means I have to use the Chrome browser. BeMax workouts used to be on the TrainerPass web site and they worked fine for awhile, but the TrainerPass web site used Adobe Flash. The Chrome browser stopped supporting Adobe Flash and then the workouts wouldn't play at all. Fortunately, a month later, the BeMax workouts were moved to the FitFusion web site, which doesn't use Adobe Flash and everything is fine again. So some people's problems may be caused by Adobe Flash.