Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-17, 08:24 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

vidiot trivia

So I was trying to think of Tracy Effiger's Squeeze the other day, and all I could think of was the name Tracy and the brick walls in the workout set.

It came up in that thread how very many Tracys there are out there in the fitess world. Anderson, Long, Mallett, Effinger, etc. So I thought it would be fun to have a trivia thread where we ponder other such things.

So here are two video fitness trivia questions. Have at 'em. Then feel free to add a video fitness trivia question of your own!

1) how many instructors named Michelle can we think of? and
2) how many one-hit wonders can you think of (instructors who had one golden workout but never produced any others)?

Ready, set, GO!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 08:45 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Off the top of my head - Michelle Dozois, Michelle LeMay and Michelle from Ellen's workouts who has her own workouts now.

One hit wonders - hmmmmm. Oh! How about Greer Childers of Oxycize fame.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 08:57 PM  
bubbles76

Michele Olson from 10 Minute Solution Kettlebell workout and the Perfect Legs, Glutes, and Thighs.

One hit wonders:
  • Helen Dunne Thrive Cardio Kickboxing
  • Naheesi Crawford for Weider X Factor ST
  • Romy Phillips - okay, technically, a two hit wonder, but I would love more yoga from her
  • Soul Sweat with Chantal Pierrot - she's doing streaming now, but I will always love Soul Sweat, the dvd
  • Ivy Larson Full Fitness Fusion

Hmmm...I can't think of any others.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 09:00 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Would we consider the Yoga Booty Ballet instructors, Teigh and Gillian, as one-hit wonders? They did put out a large number of YBBs, between the originals, the lives and the masters series, but then disappeared from Beachbody.
Old 01-27-17, 09:40 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Aaron Langford! I remember back in the day when there were many discussions had comparing Power Kicks to Tae Bo (the original Tae Bo. There was actually a time when there was only ONE Tae Bo!)
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 09:49 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

one hit wonder: lots of yoga ones. The Firm - Taber Bruner, Kai Soremakun (sp?), JJG, Sandahl Bergmann, Jayne Poteet.

trivia question: which set has been used the most by different instructors?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 09:59 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
trivia question: which set has been used the most by different instructors?
CIA set with the blue barn door
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 10:47 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I'd say that brick loft with the pointed arch windows. It's been used in several Kathy Smith, Leslie Sansone and Scott Cole DVDs plus every once In a while I recognize the side wall in a workout.

It was in that 7 Day something DVD from Tracy and Michelle that came out on tape just before exercise videos finally all switched to DVD but wasn't reissued. Too bad as it was good. And it scores on set, Tracy and Michelle.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-17, 07:34 AM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Would we consider the Yoga Booty Ballet instructors, Teigh and Gillian, as one-hit wonders? They did put out a large number of YBBs, between the originals, the lives and the masters series, but then disappeared from Beachbody.
Teigh also did some of the yoga fusion videos. Gillian is a background exerciser in one of them.

One hit wonder: Tari Rose Hard Body Yoga
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-17, 11:00 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
I'd say that brick loft with the pointed arch windows. It's been used in several Kathy Smith, Leslie Sansone and Scott Cole DVDs plus every once In a while I recognize the side wall in a workout.

It was in that 7 Day something DVD from Tracy and Michelle that came out on tape just before exercise videos finally all switched to DVD but wasn't reissued. Too bad as it was good. And it scores on set, Tracy and Michelle.
i thought of that one too. was it the same one used in Hip Hop Abs w/Shaun T.? and some of the Crunch ones too? and remember the Quick Fix videos - i think they used the Brick setting too.

i really loved 7 Day Solution. i owned it but traded it! i've considered re-acquiring it and digitizing it.

the other set i was thinking of was the one that Leslie filmed her "3 Mile Weight Loss Walk" where Mary Kay leads one of the segments. Lara Hudson's 10MS was also filmed there, and several Tony Horton workouts were also filmed there. i could mistaken, but i think some of the later Firms were filmed there too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aI6LNdiNdM

agreed on the CIA Barn door - i think several of the BodyBar workouts were filmed there.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote