Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-06-16, 10:36 AM  
nckfitheart

Cathe's Fit tower advanced dvds

Hi Everyone,

I know many of us have been debating whether it is worth purchasing the tower without having anything to work up to. Ummm, here is in my opinion what we are accustomed to. Intense stuff

http://cathe.com/last-chance-pre-order-fit-tower

Here is a copy of the announcement, 3 upcoming advanced dvds to be released next year.

Hi Everyone! I have GREAT news to share! I will be filming THREE NEW ADVANCED Fit Tower™ DVDs.! Yes, you heard right…three of them!!! Our Fit Tower™ team got together and discussed the details and have decided to produce three new advanced Fit Tower™ DVDs early next year (tentative release date Spring of 2017). These new workouts, Fit Tower™ Bootcamp, Fit Tower™ Total Body and Fit Tower™ Core Fusion (Pilates, yoga and core focus) will be totally geared towards Cathletes and advanced exercisers and will be available to purchase from Cathe.com. These workouts will fall somewhere in the 45 minute each time frame and once released will also be available for our OnDemand subscribers. Each DVD will contain features like premixes and the detailed chaptering that you are accustomed to with our workouts.

Can anyone using the new fit tower, please share reviews
nckfitheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 11:22 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Thank you for this post! I received my Cathe newsletter this morning, looked at the headline "FitTower presale ends 9/18" and ignored the story. I'm glad there are new workouts coming. I bought the FitTower after much dithering and was disappointed that the Strong & Sweaty workouts weren't using it at all.

I haven't used my new Tower much, just for stretching and barbell storage, but I like how smoothly the padded bar moves up and down, how easy it is to move around, and how my barbell is now off the floor.
Old 09-06-16, 06:24 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

At the Cathe road trip last month, Cathe said that the DVDs will be available for purchase separately, and that while it is helpful to have the Fit Tower, it is not essential for the workouts. I will buy the DVDs, but not the Fit Tower.

None of her regular DVDs will include the Fit Tower, only DVDs that she does in her partnership with the company that makes that equipment. She said that she had to get approval from that company in order to do advanced DVDs to go with the Fit Tower.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 07:32 PM  
muggle

I figured Cathe would come out with something at some point. I'm really glad too! I bought the Fit tower and have purchased some "barre" workouts. Plus Cathe has some dvds that use the barre. I'm happy with my purchase. Its actually easier to move around than the heavy kitchen chair I had.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 07:41 PM  
Vantreesta

I assume you can only store one barbell on it?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 07:48 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I assume you can only store one barbell on it?
That's right, you posted not long ago about barbell storage.

If you purchased more barbell clips, you could store more bars on the Fit Tower. You have to watch the weight load (I think the literature says 90# is the safe max weight for the clips), but if you wanted to get unweighted or lightly loaded bars off the floor, you could. NOTE: measure your barbell though. An oddly shaped or short bar might not fit.

Last edited by athompson10; 09-06-16 at 08:06 PM. Reason: typo/missing word
athompson10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 08:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
That's right, you posted not long ago about barbell storage.

If you purchased more barbell clips, you could store more bars on the Fit Tower. You have to watch the weight load (I think the literature says 90# is the safe max weight for the clips), but if you wanted to get unweighted or lightly loaded off the floor, you could. NOTE: measure your barbell though. An oddly shaped or short bar might not fit.

Thank you so much, Allison! Hubby says since my weight plates are coated that they are fine sitting on the cement floor but I still wish I could rack them. At least I have a little time to ponder now where I could put the Tower and if I can justify the cost. Thanks again!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-16, 11:35 AM  
Mickey12

I saw the information about the new fit tower workouts is in her newsletter also. I'm happy and will buy them. I purchased the three DVDs that were made for purchase with the fit tower and they are not intense at all. I'm looking forward to something more along the lines of normal Cathe intensity.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-16, 07:55 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
At the Cathe road trip last month, Cathe said that the DVDs will be available for purchase separately, and that while it is helpful to have the Fit Tower, it is not essential for the workouts. I will buy the DVDs, but not the Fit Tower.

None of her regular DVDs will include the Fit Tower, only DVDs that she does in her partnership with the company that makes that equipment. She said that she had to get approval from that company in order to do advanced DVDs to go with the Fit Tower.
Hi Abby! I think I asked her about the difference between the old Power Tower (which I have) and the Fit Tower and IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong) basically there were more height positions on the new one.

since I have the old Power tower (which I love!) I won't get the new one, but I did pre order the DVDs!
Old 09-09-16, 07:37 AM  
muddjeansgal

Does anyone know if any of her fit tower workouts will be on her On Demand?
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b-bounder, bernadette giorgi, cathe, fit tower, fit tower advanced, fit tower reviews, fit tower workouts