Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-20, 09:57 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

DH and I are both feeling better. DH went to the farm today to do a few things that needed to be done. I think he overdid it because he came back feeling worse. He should have stayed home with me and rested. He went to bed early, so hopefully he will feel better in the morning. This morning he felt better than I did. This evening I feel better than he does. Last night I had a fever (103.8). I was worried and called the Urgent Care place. I missed taking the Tylenol on schedule because I was sleeping. Once I took it, the fever started coming back down. I have not had a fever today.

Guess who got a workout in today? Whoop, whoop, yep if you guessed me, you got it correct! Ding Ding Ding Ok so I am so full of myself today. That's what happens when I stay in the house too long. LOL

Check-In: 3 Miles w/Leslie

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 08:44 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I didn't sleep last night. I think the Tamiflu is causing insomnia. I am extremely agitated this morning. I don't do well without sleep. Other people around me don't do well when I don't sleep. I'm embarrassed to say that I turn into a tyrant. I need to keep myself under control today. But the "flu" part is better.

On another forum, where I am a member, someone also has the flu but they have taken the newer drug. Our Dr. gave us a prescription for both. Some insurance companies are not covering the newer drug yet. The Dr. was saying that the newer drug works better and has less side effects. Our pharmacy didn't have the newer drug so we got the Tamiflu. The other person started taking the newer drug on Friday. It's only a 2 pill dosage. She is still in really bad shape. I was thinking about getting the newer medication due to the insomnia from the Tamiflu but now I don't think so. Maybe I will call the Dr. or the pharmacy back to see if they have a recommendation.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-27-20, 09:28 AM  
Diana3271

Ok, I called the Urgent Care place and the Pharmacy. I have been told that the Mucinex, which is only guaifenesin, could cause insomnia. The Tamiflu could cause agitation and anxiety, which can lead to insomnia. I read online that the Tamiflu could cause insomnia but maybe, again it's from agitation/anxiety. I have only taken the Tamiflu and tylenol this morning. I am very agitated. I wanted to clarify the info in case it is helpful to others.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-27-20, 04:35 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Ugh, Diana, a sleepless night is awful and then it's so hard to catch up.

Barre3 Ballet Boot Camp; still recovering.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 09:31 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Fitness Blender's Total Body Strength workout.

Diana, so glad you're feeling better! Meds tend to have such bad side effects. I hate that anxiety can be one of them.

Cynthia, glad you are feeling better too and in good voice!

DH is nervous about Wednesday. That's when he has the meeting with the pastor and other board members and then the rehearsal. Apparently, other people will be at the rehearsal to check DH out. He is also supposed to play some songs on his own, and the recruiter wants him to "wow" the people there. We don't know what kind of people will be there or what they like. Please pray for DH to be great, to be in good voice (he has allergies right now), to make good choices, to be relaxed, etc. He's so good and experienced at leading bands, but with people watching and judging, that's kind of weird and uncomfortable.

Cheryl
Old 01-27-20, 10:35 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I will be taking Benadryl tonight to see how it goes with that.

I checked on Linda and she is OK. She had gotten a cold and wasn't doing well. She is doing better and will check back in soon.

Seabliss I will be praying for your DH.

Check-In: I went into work late since the Tamiflu makes me feel wonky in the head. I was only able to do a shorter workout. 1 Mile walk/jog with Pahla B

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-28-20, 08:57 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Sleep was better with benadryl.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-28-20, 05:55 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Bodyfit by Amy's Low Impact HIIT workout and a mile outdoor jog/walk.

Glad you were able to get some sleep, Diana! Thanks for checking in with Linda.

Cheryl
Old 01-28-20, 09:48 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Seabliss Praying for your DH and his interview tomorrow.

No workout to report. I took a rest day.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-29-20, 01:50 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cough got worse. Saw the ENT & got antibiotics.

Lazy day. Did the stretch chapter of Body Dynamix 2, which I've had for a while. Finally tried it.

Cheryl, best wishes for your DH tomorrow. I read your description of what they want him to do & thought, oh, no pressure.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote