Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-19, 06:32 PM  
cam522

My main goal/objective is consistency!

When I was decluttering I came across a notebook from a couple of years ago where I wrote down all of my workouts and it was a HUGE WOW!! I worked out for close to 2 1/2 hours with 1 hour of cardio, 1 hour of weights mainly with Cathe and then 1/2 or so of pilates/yoga or stretching. I felt soooo good back then and for one reason or another I fell off the wagon but I'm slowly getting back on it.

…. Cheryl

JMBR graduate 06/13
BJ Gaddour's MetaShred 11/02/2019
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 09:42 AM  
Buzzer

I don't have plans necessarily, but I have started a Firm rotation recently and am excited to do it until about February or March! I got such good results with Firm (classics), I'm excited to see if I can still get decent results in my much older body.

After that, I will see where I am. If I continue with the Firm, add in Kettlebells (which I have ignored for a few years), or do like an STS rotation. My goals for the next year are to get my muscles back after a few years of avoiding heavy lifting, get better posture and alignment, and hopefully lose some weight I haven't been able to get off for like the last 7 years.

I may also have the goal of getting rid of workouts I haven't used in forever, or have never used, but I am a workout hoarder and need to talk myself out of being a hoarder!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 01:07 PM  
JezthePuff2

I'm creating my workout plans (not resolutions...gasp!), and I'm going to be incorporating a lot more Slim in 6/Slim Series workouts. I just feel good with those. But I'll be alternating them with cardio workouts. I need to lose some "puff," so I'll be concentrating on healthier eating and these workouts for now.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 11:18 PM  
momofcha

Bee - I still love CLX and kettlebells got me in the best shape of my life. Ironically I pulled them out yesterday and did Lauren’s SUAT. I am sore today!! In a good way.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 08:54 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I'm looking forward to the new Cathe workouts to dabble with in the new year.

Starting this month and continuing into the new year, I'm trying to get back into the habit of working out more days per week. At home it's easy (or easier), since I have a dedicated space and a lot of workouts. My main challenge is travel: I'll be out of town/out of the country at least 12 weeks in 2020, and I'm looking for workout options where I'll be for most of those weeks: fitness class, pay-as-you-go gym, or even making sure I have downloads on my phone/DH's laptop and a space to do the workouts.

2019 was tough in terms of travel and a family health crisis, plus ongoing uncertainty about my father's living situation. Now that the health crisis is resolving and Dad's situation is clarified, I just have to tackle the Travel Challenge to get back on track.
Old 12-09-19, 09:27 AM  
donnamp

Allison - hang in there - I had many of the same challenges this year as well. It is draining for sure.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 10:04 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Allison - hang in there - I had many of the same challenges this year as well. It is draining for sure.

Donna
Thanks Donna - you and TinaT have been there! I'm fully aware that caretakers need to take care of themselves too, but WHEN?? Somehow very early or very late in the day (the only available times) don't feel like self-care, they feel like one more obligation in a day full of them!!
Old 12-09-19, 10:23 AM  
donnamp

Yes, Allison!! You are right. I have really scaled back my workouts in terms of intensity b/c I just can't face doing anything too strenuous right now. I need comfort food workouts right now. I am getting out when I can to walk and I do find that if I do a Leslie mile in the morning and take a walk on my lunch break that I come away with a decent # of steps for the day. The rest of my workouts are Pilates, yoga, Ellen...etc.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 12:56 PM  
difit

I'm doing the same workout schedule that I have done in the past. I love strengthening workouts and lifting heavy and working on flexibility.

M-W-F strengthening plus 10-20 min yoga/stretch.
T-TH cardio plus 10-20 min yoga/stretch
Sat. - Yoga
Sun. Off

Rotations work for me. I already have my rotation schedule set for 2020. I finally got STS. I'm so excited to get started on STS for the new year! I got some new KCM through trades that I'm excited to try out.

January-March - STS
April -KCM
May- July -P90X
August -KCM
September-November- CLX
December- KCM

I only thing I can think of that I want to add next year is do a little more balance exercises.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 02:12 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
As I’m getting older, I am moving away from aesthetic goals and more towards movement and mobility goals and of course doing the workouts I want to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Consistency will be the key for me in New Year. Point is, that I will try to do SOMETHING every day - whatever it is. Consistently.
This! I'm turing 52 at the end of February and I have really noticed my body changing this past year. It seems like that no matter what I do (barre, heavy strength, cardo, metabolic, etc), things are just not the same since I've stopped running due to knee issues. I'm having to rethink my "Why." Consistency will continue to be key and my focus will be on how I feel, not how I look, as well as enjoying my workouts.

Like everyone else, I have so many new to me workouts. I might work my way through them, figuring out which ones I like and which ones I don't, or do a rotation. I had been thinking about Cathe's XTrain roation and still may do it. Or I might mix things up between rotations and "What am I going to do today?" Whatever the workout, I want to enjoy it.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bret contreras, glute lab, new year, new year goals, new year rotations, ymca