Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-23-19, 12:17 AM  
fanofladyvols

Firm Supercharged sculpting

Tore off the wrapper on this gem and am so glad I did. It may be my favorite of the newer Firms. I could use heavier weights, good pace, switch legs often, and love the music. The only problem was having to pause to rearrange my risers because I use a club step with slanted risers. I'm sure if I had the transfirmer it wouldn't be that way.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 12:43 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

On a low impact floor aerobics kick -- like it ol' school without too many plies and squats as I have to worry about my knees a bit. Unwrapped a recent purchase, an oldie I'm just discovering, namely, Kathy Smith's Project You: Long & Lean. It's a 40 minute routine with a warm-up that was a bit more complicated than I anticipated (it seemed like it was part of the main routine, but maybe I'm just a klutz and it was 6:30 AM!) It was pretty good, definitely got my heart rate in a good training zone for ~35 mins! I have been really loving KCM's Cardio Quick Fix lately and also enjoying Michelle Dozois' Walk Your Way Slim so revisiting Kathy Smith for similar stuff. I also enjoyed Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning and am looking forward to devirginizing Project You: Power Push (30 mins). That being said, the KCM routine is still my very favorite - zero dread, great music, love her crew and I can keep up with the steps!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 10:59 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
I have been really loving KCM's Cardio Quick Fix lately .... I also enjoyed Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning .....That being said, the KCM routine is still my very favorite - zero dread, great music, love her crew and I can keep up with the steps!
You piqued my interest in that KCM and I remember loving that FFPFB on VHS.

Reports of Kathy's poor customer service to VFers has kind of soured me on her and I purged several workouts.

I'm not sure if I have this one anymore as it's hard to remember which DVD title it might be repackaged on.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 11-25-19, 02:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I'm not sure if I have this one anymore as it's hard to remember which DVD title it might be repackaged on.
Super Slimdown Circuit:
https://www.amazon.com/Kathy-Smith-T...vies-tv&sr=1-1

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 06:19 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post

Lol Leave it to Jeannine to know!!

And I do have that...thanks

Old 11-25-19, 07:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Lol Leave it to Jeannine to know!!

And I do have that...thanks
glad to help! I know what you mean, though. that compilation has 2 different covers being that it was re-released!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-19, 12:29 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Yeah, I wish I could get NAC Interval Challenge on DVD or streaming... that was oldie but goodie I remember being similar (but more fun) than FFPFB
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-19, 09:36 AM  
fanofladyvols

I thought the people on this thread might appreciate this

Crystal Light 1986 National Aerobic Championship workout

Old 11-29-19, 09:17 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Linda, thanks for the clip. Nothing like “classic” aerobics. The outfits!

I am here to check in with my post Thanksgiving workouts. I did not do anything We’d or Thursday and was feeling like a slug.
Today I did the “Essentials” tutorial section and Rally workout from Cardio Fight Essentials. I may have done this once ages ago but I am counting it as a new workout. I think it’s a keeper.
I also did a few more new to me workouts from Linda Woolridge’s Mix and Match series Lower 50/20 and Abs 50/20. I liked both
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 09:35 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I tore the shrinkwrap off of Linda's Fusion Mat at the Wall DVD that I recently ordered. I did the glutes, upper body and part of the abs section. I liked them although some of the abs section was way too hard for me.

I am now buying some more of Linda's downloads as they are buy one get two free for a few more hours (I hope she means December 1 anywhere in the world not just Australia.)
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins