Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-19, 10:08 AM  
Gams

New discovery for me

I just discovered Angie Miller. I bought her Absolute Beginners DVD and her Bedroom Body DVD. I had not heard of her before, but I like these DVDs. I like the Absolute Beginners because the exercises and pace make it easy for me to use heavy weights and I like Bedroom Body because some of the exercises are different than most of my strength DVDs plus I enjoy working out with a single heavy weight. I now have 2 more of her DVDs coming from Amazon - hope I like them as much.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 11:23 AM  
bubbles76

I really like Angie Miller! Haven't tried her Absolute Beginners, but do enjoy her Bedroom Body, Crave Results, and the really pink one (Cover Pink, settings, pink, she wears pink). I think it's called Strength and Core Conditioning? Or Core and Strength?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 11:35 AM  
rhbrand

I've seen her stuff but have yet to try it.

Glad to hear a positive review. Might try her stuff out soon.
Old 05-14-19, 07:34 PM  
ksleeth
VF Supporter

I love Angie Miller and use Bedroom Body and Strength & Core Fusion all the time. She’s tough and her workouts always challenge me. I should really look into getting more of her dvds.
Old 05-15-19, 06:55 AM  
hocuspocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I really like Angie Miller! Haven't tried her Absolute Beginners, but do enjoy her Bedroom Body, Crave Results, and the really pink one (Cover Pink, settings, pink, she wears pink). I think it's called Strength and Core Conditioning? Or Core and Strength?
Are these more cardio or more strength?
hocuspocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-19, 11:16 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I've always enjoyed her kettlebell workout (Kettlebell Bootcamp) -- not traditional (and I do modify the funky one legged swings back to more standard swings) so can't go as heavy as with a Lauren Brooks DVD but still lots of fun and super sweaty! On the strength of her kettlebell workout, I acquired two of other workouts but haven't tried them yet as I'm rehabbing a tweaked knee and don't want to jump back into compound and/or faster moving lower body standing work till I know I'm ready to do so.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-19, 12:42 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i just found Strength & Core Conditioning in a used bookstore for $1.49 plus tax.

i had never considered trying her workouts until i saw this thread, and lo and behold, it appears in the bookstore.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-19, 09:34 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I also love Angie Miller, but I often forget about her workouts! I really need to get back to them now that I can only do low impact/compound workouts.

She has a great kettlebell workout that I used to do when I could use heavier weights. (But I have no idea what the title was though, but I think it had a pink cover maybe?)
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 08:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

OLD THREAD ALERT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I like the Absolute Beginners because the exercises and pace make it easy for me to use heavy weights and I like Bedroom Body because some of the exercises are different than most of my strength DVDs plus I enjoy working out with a single heavy weight. I now have 2 more of her DVDs coming from Amazon - hope I like them as much.
Thanks for the comments about Absolute Beginners. i have all of her workouts except Absolute Beginners, and now that you mention about the pace, i plan to get this one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
She has a great kettlebell workout that I used to do when I could use heavier weights. (But I have no idea what the title was though, but I think it had a pink cover maybe?)
It's called Power Body: Kettlebell Bootcamp with Angie Miller, and it's produced by Tamilee Webb. i bought this in a bunch of Angie's last month from eBay and plan to do it sometime soon.

I did Bedroom Body this past week and when this first came out, i was put off by the title. thankfully, she only refers to this in the Intro. otherwise, there's nary a mention. I like that this workout has some unique moves in it and it's just enough to challenge me. Angie is great.

I've done her Core & Strength Fusion and it's also a keeper.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 09:35 AM  
horsemom2

She has walking routines on Gaia which are free this month on FIOS.
I think she also has free stuff on facebook and/or youtube.
cannot find them so maybe they were live only and not archived.
just short ones like
https://youtu.be/mJY3_Q7xaFk kettlebell
https://youtu.be/dRMOVgsbLjQ arms with band

or you can subscribe for weekly workouts here
https://www.angiemillerfitness.com/video
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angie miller, angie miller bedroom body, bedroom body