Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-17, 04:04 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I did Upper Body today and liked it. No problems with freezing issues. I also previewed Lower Body and Total Body and there didn't appear to be any problems there. Will probably enjoy those, as well.

I'm not pleased that my case arrived broken, and the plastic is busted up in the top right-hand corner. But, I will probably remove the discs from their case and put in something else temporarily while I do the rotation.

Jessica seems to appear a little more serious in the strength portions of the workouts of WS3. But, she's also busy lifting some decent sized weights! I could not match her for some of the exercises. My shoulders would have been killing me afterwards.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 07:52 PM  
hotncmom

I FINALLY got a chance to watch all the previews. I was looking for a lot more cardio because I'm really into the ART Method right now, but I would love more interesting cardio (not just walking) for the winter. So I'm only interested in the following:

Pilates + Yoga
Barefoot Cardio Core
Barre Sculpt
Tone & Flow
Boogie IT
Cardio Step Jam

But I'm most interested in the cardio ones, because I already own Barre Fitness and Total Body Balance so there's probably a lot of similarity to the pilates/yoga/barre ones. So that brings it down to the 3 cardio ones I'd really like. I was hoping she would offer the individual workouts in her digital download store, but it doesn't look like she breaks up the sets at all

Also, I bought her last set and have hardly used it. I do other strength work like barre (finished a 9-week Suzanne Bowen rotation before ART), yoga, and other fusion stuff, so I find I never use her strength workouts.

I really like and want to support Jessica, but I'm going to have to pass.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-17, 09:59 PM  
JustSandra

I did Upper Body today, this time using the DVD player in my workout room, and had no freezing issues. So hopefully it was just an odd, one-time glitch. Which is good since I did like this one!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 12:25 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post
I played Total Body this morning and had no problems. I then played Upper Body again -- and this time no freezing! So my experience was the same as yours. I just hope whatever issue I had before with Upper Body is resolved. Maybe it was just a tiny piece of grit or something. I am planning to try Upper Body today as my workout, which will use a different DVD. Am keeping my fingers crossed!
I'm beginning to think it is something like a tiny piece of grit that just needs to be cleaned off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
I have a "smart" dvd player that runs through a "smart" tv, meaning (to my minimal knowledge of tech stuff) that they are also part computers. I've had videos freeze on me and never do it again. Sometimes I'll have something freeze or get off sync when I fast-forward or jump around in a dvd. Like with computers, I'm a firm believer in "rebooting" the dvd player and tv. Take the dvd out and make sure it's clean. Shut everything down and start over.

That's my theory anyway. I have no idea if it has any basis in fact.

Ann
My husband is also a big believer in rebooting. And I agree - it often works!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 02:45 AM  
daisyfit

I skipped the first days workout of the rotation foundations and started with metabolic condititioning. It was tough, I was sweating a lot, I would rate it intermediate/ advanced, I lifted fairly heavy weights too, 10 and 15 pounds.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 07:17 AM  
Sara1000

A while back I got a DVD that didn't work at all. I washed it with soft soap & water on a piece of old Tee shirt and dried it carefully. It has worked great ever since.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 11:11 AM  
bonbon

Is there anyone else, or am I the only one not "feeling" these workouts? I've done about half and viewed the rest and for some reason these are clock watchers for me. I don't know what it is as I love Jessica! One thing I do know that I'm not crazy about is the totally uninspiring music played at a low volume. Maybe the other thing is flow? I don't know...
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 11:36 AM  
weener
VF Supporter

The set is nice. I like these but not enough to keep them. I'll stick with Cathe for the weight work. I want to send these back before the Christmas rush. I have until February 1st.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 12:00 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by weener View Post
The set is nice. I like these but not enough to keep them. I'll stick with Cathe for the weight work. I want to send these back before the Christmas rush. I have until February 1st.
Weener-love your avatar!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 12:48 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Weener-love your avatar!

Sherry
Thank you!! feel free to use it

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, walk strong 3