Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-17, 11:10 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I got an email that "Great in 8" is coming April 3rd....
They have a new post that there's also a meal plan and Facebook group access with the Great in 8 program. I'm hoping that one can purchase the workouts without the other options.

It appears the 8 stands for the number of workouts as well as 8 weeks of a program. I'm excited! If they give an 8 week rotation, I may be tempted to follow it (I am bad at rotations but 8 weeks doesn't seem too bad). In case anyone wants to have a check in...
Old 03-15-17, 11:30 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
They have a new post that there's also a meal plan and Facebook group access with the Great in 8 program. I'm hoping that one can purchase the workouts without the other options.

It appears the 8 stands for the number of workouts as well as 8 weeks of a program. I'm excited! If they give an 8 week rotation, I may be tempted to follow it (I am bad at rotations but 8 weeks doesn't seem too bad). In case anyone wants to have a check in...
I'm confident they will not offer it separately

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-17, 01:41 PM  
momofcha

FYI - they just posted on facebook - for the 8 workouts, 8 weeks of meal plans and the private facebook check in - $199!!! Yes, that is one hundred ninety nine dollars...

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-17, 03:11 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
FYI - they just posted on facebook - for the 8 workouts, 8 weeks of meal plans and the private facebook check in - $199!!! Yes, that is one hundred ninety nine dollars...
That is outrageous!!! I love their workouts but I think I will stick to the workouts I already have at that price Especially since I have no desire for the meal plans (and a check in group shouldn't cost money)

I love, love, love their original two series, but wasn't 100% thrilled with the Sweat Lab and I suspect these will be a lot like those. I don't like their split workouts or separating cardio and toning (although their Sweat Lab cardio workouts still had some toning and I like those the best of that set) so the price is wrong for me.

Hopefully down the line they'll be for sale on their website as individual or a package of downloads for LESS $$. I did think their yoga one looked promising.
Old 03-28-17, 05:03 PM  
upperwside

Yikes.. didn't love sweat lab.. so not buying these for that price!!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-17, 08:56 PM  
violingal3

Wow! Their prices were always high, but this is a little much...
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 09:06 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Just saw it on Facebook. I ordered the new Bump (40 minutes) .. just downloaded it and it's amazing. My babies are almost 9 and 7.. but this still looks challenging and FUN. They are filming 8 new 30 minute workouts and say they are available soon for streaming and download!!!

Quote:
There are very short clips on their Facebook page. They announced a yoga fusion workout and a butt camp lol. Can't wait!!
I haven't been on Facebook or Video Fitness much these past few months, so totally missed these announcements! Thanks for letting us know!

Quote:
I did the Bump 2 workout this morning and loved it! There were about three (two 'cardio' and one 'tone') long circuits that were repeated, pretty much all standing work except a table/donkey kick set at the end, and some plank type or downdog moves, usually mixed with standing. In fact it almost felt a little bit like a Tonique workout with lots of backwards lunges, curtseys, and downdog leg lifts. The only equipment is the light weights. Very leg intense but the shoulders were also worked with the downdog/plank and a lot of arm raises and boxing arms. I can understand upperwestside's comment about why this one is perhaps more fun, lots of a kickbox influence.

Sorry to hear the original Bump DVD is no longer available.
I love the original Bump, so may need to get this one. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
That is just so disappointing! I knew this set would be expensive, but $199 seems crazy. Like you said in that other thread, Sue, the Tone It Up plan is about that much, and you get so much more free content.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 10:41 AM  
LeanneM

Hi, everyone,

I just heard back from Darby with some questions I had about the program. Here is her response, which I just posted in the Great to 8 thread, too:

"Hi there-
Yes - we will have vegan options available for those who don't eat meat. The program is diary free - so it's just a "meat sub" list that we will have.
We will release the videos on their own after our 8 week program is over. The price for the videos alone has not yet been set. I hope this is helpful!

Thank you, Darby Brender"

Hope that's useful info!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote