Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-29-16, 06:27 AM  
smokybubbles

I see it says "sold out" on Michelle's website. Are these available to purchase? I've looked everywhere on the website and can't seem to figure it out! If someone can give the link I'd really appreciate it, or point me in the right direction, because I'd love to do some new workouts from Michelle. Thanks!
Kathleen
smokybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 01:36 PM  
Rhonda

It is closed now as she was only taking so many people, and registration ended this past weekend.

No DVDs. You will have to wait til the next time she has it which she may have one for the winter.

It would be nice to have available all the time but this was not. Hope I am making sense.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 07:39 PM  
smokybubbles

Thanks for the reply Rhonda, yes that makes sense. I should have joined on Sunday but I was on the fence. I do wish they were available to anyone at anytime, guess I won't procrastinate next time. Thanks again!
Kathleen
smokybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-17, 04:16 PM  
katmom

Old Thread Alert - Updates/Reviews?

I see a few people joined Michelle's Peak Fit Challenge in September 2016, however, I was not able to locate any updates or reviews from those who joined the program. Michelle has opened the program again for $147 and I find myself tempted by the offer.

Is this system as advanced as it appears from the clips? Some of the moves look like they are performed at a potentially injurious pace. Are modification moves demonstrated? Some days my workout time is limited to 45 minutes, are all of the workouts in the 50-60 minute duration range?

As a 63yo intermediate exerciser, I have done some type of fitness training since I was 21. While I want to stay fit and active as long as possible, I do not want to injure myself.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Old 01-21-17, 06:29 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I did the previous challenge and loved it. I like Michelle a lot, so that helps!

I'm 56, and my knees are sometimes touchy. I modified where necessary and was able to keep up pretty well. The music is great, I found the balance of impact and low impact was really good for me, and the set of workouts really challenged me.

The workout times range from 31 minutes for the "recovery" workout to 55 minutes for the Cardio Strength and Cardio Interval Burn workouts. They're all done in 10 minute blocks, so it would be relatively simple to stop at the end of an earlier block and fast forward to the cool down (or do your own). The other workouts are 40 to 45 minutes.

I'm pretty sure you can try out the workouts for 7 days and if you don't like them you can get a refund.

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-17, 07:34 PM  
deineira

I did the first challenge and I enjoyed it. The workouts are definitely advanced. You will make gains in Cardio fitness and I definitely lost fat doing this program. There is a modifier in each workout I think, and you can always use lighter weights to lower intensity too. Michelle does move quickly, so if that's a concern, then you can go at your own pace. If you've done any of the other Peak workouts in DVD, these are very similar in level. I love Michelle and think her workouts are challenging, but she has good music, and creative effective moves. It was money well spent for me for sure.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 02:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I got the promo email from Michelle but didn't see the cost. I can never embark on a standard rotation at this time of year (I am a tax accountant and it's tough to even find the time to work out at all!) so I've been hesitant but I do like her workouts. Has anyone signed up for this year's program?

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-17, 05:01 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I got the promo email from Michelle but didn't see the cost. I can never embark on a standard rotation at this time of year (I am a tax accountant and it's tough to even find the time to work out at all!) so I've been hesitant but I do like her workouts. Has anyone signed up for this year's program?
It is a good deal at $147 with access to the new programs, the prior programs, 3 new workouts not previously released, and additional materials. Like you, I am hesitant to commit to the rotation, however, I emailed them with some questions. Most specifically, that when I follow a fitness system rotation there are times I need to substitue a yoga practice or some type of lower intensity workout for the rotation's scheduled workout. They replied you can either follow the rotation as it is presented or do your own rotation.

Perhaps someone who joined the previous challenge can confirm, but I thought it was stated that you are allowed to download the workouts seven days after the challenge begins.

On 2lazy4gym.com, it was stated the Peak 10 workouts were good and effective, but did not have as much fun factor as Cathe or Kelly Coffey-Meyer workouts.
Old 01-22-17, 05:46 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I think the unreleased workouts are three live workouts that were filmed. From what Michelle says, those will never be able to be downloaded or shared because of copyright issues. But it's fun to see the live class.

In terms of fun factor, I suspect that's a function of which of those instructors' style you like best. I find Michelle's workouts to be way more fun than Cathe's, for example, but I know that the rest of my check in friends don't care for Michelle's workouts at all.

And lastly, yes after 7 days (after the refund period has passed), you can download the workouts.
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-17, 01:04 PM  
Cafelattee

Also wanted to add that if you don't want the challenge she is offering the downloads of the new classes for 89.00 there are 8 total

http://www.peak10fitbodychallenge.co...7c311e05206e43
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelle dozois