Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-15, 05:31 PM  
TracyQ

Thumbs down Tracey Mallett Poor Customer Service

I took advantage of Tracey Mallett's Black Friday half off sale on her Bootybarre Burn program (streaming workouts, pdf nutrition guide etc). The cost was $88.50. Tracey had a 7-day money back guarantee.

It reads "I've spent a year fine-tuning this program and I know you will absolutely love it! Join the challenge for the first week and if you don't feel like it's a fit for you, no worries, just send us an email and we'll refund you, no questions asked."

Five days in I realized the program definitely was not a fit and emailed Tracey to request a refund. I never got a response. I sent her another email the next day just in case she missed the first one and again, no reply. It's been four days since I sent the first email.

I like Tracey and want to give her the benefit of the doubt but I'm upset that she hasn't responded.

Now I'm wondering what I should do next. I will dispute the charge with my credit card company if I have to but I'm not sure how long I should wait. Any ideas?

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 07:51 PM  
Orlita

Can you post to her Facebook page? Just a simple post stating that you're curious about the refund you requested and hadn't received a reply, and could they please look into it. I would post it in one of the comments threads under one of the company's posts, rather than a "post to page" by others, since few people see those, so there is little pressure on the company to respond. Good luck!
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 07:52 PM  
Orlita

Social media is a big driver of customer service response. Harder to ignore customers when they are speaking in public.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-15, 01:06 PM  
TracyQ

Orlita--thanks for replying. That's a great idea. I do have a FB account that I deactivated a while ago (just never really got into FB--probably a generational thing) but I suppose I could reactivate it to get in touch with her. It's now been six days since I first emailed her (I've sent three emails ) and I haven't heard a word. I found a phone number on one of the promotional emails she sent me and called there yesterday. The woman who answered said she would take my info and have someone call me back...no one did....sigh.

I wouldn't be so frustrated if she didn't make it seem so easy to get a refund. "Just send an email, no questions asked"...what a joke.

Old 12-13-15, 11:31 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Orlita--thanks for replying. That's a great idea. I do have a FB account that I deactivated a while ago (just never really got into FB--probably a generational thing) but I suppose I could reactivate it to get in touch with her. It's now been six days since I first emailed her (I've sent three emails ) and I haven't heard a word. I found a phone number on one of the promotional emails she sent me and called there yesterday. The woman who answered said she would take my info and have someone call me back...no one did....sigh.

I wouldn't be so frustrated if she didn't make it seem so easy to get a refund. "Just send an email, no questions asked"...what a joke.

Did the ever call you back? Any resolution?
Old 12-14-15, 05:18 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Did the ever call you back? Any resolution?
I was wondering about that too. I hope she got back to you and you've received your refund.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-15, 07:42 AM  
PhyllisG

I would not wait to dispute the charge with my cc company. I had this happen years ago with Beachbody and as soon as I contacted the cc company I got an email from BB apologizing and crediting my cc. Before that no response from them.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-15, 05:39 PM  
TracyQ

Thanks everyone. I never heard back from Tracey and I decided that I didn't want to reactivate my FB account and so I decided to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

Old 12-14-15, 06:24 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlita View Post
Social media is a big driver of customer service response. Harder to ignore customers when they are speaking in public.
Except when it, sort of, isn't. It is so much easier to piss off your prospective customers on social media!!!!!

I'd had run-ins with Erin Stutland's handlers from The Shrink Sessions. They were quite the prima donnas off an offhand comment I'd made. What they did not and could not know, was that I'd returned to Facebook only about two months before their challenge; and to keep myself from being re-traumatized by said Facebook (which had led to a 1.5 year hiatus ... the second of two (2) lengthy hiatuses -- and my clocks all thank me ), I had just gone on for about two minutes at a time to see if it was alive/check its vital signs ... which has its own built in advantages & disadvantages

So they'd summarily knocked me off the closed group challenge before I could finish ...

Anyway, I really like Tracey Mallett as an instructor (for dance), and was sorry to hear this ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-15, 12:43 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

You could email Tracey a link to this thread...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad customer service, poor customer service, tracey mallett