Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-16, 01:11 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Unhappy How do you refuse a parcel via USPS?

I cancelled my Fascia Blaster order ten days ago. As AB refused to refund my money, I opened a claim with PayPal. After 10 days, AB had not replied to PayPal's inquiry, so PayPal refunded my money today. "Ginger" wrote to me that they had cancelled my shipment.

Now, I find out that it was shipped anyway on March 30th via UPS SurePost. With a larger parcel, I will actually have to go to the P.O. to pick it up.

How does one refuse a parcel at the Post Office?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 01:14 PM  
carres1973

I have always taken it to the post office and told them I am refusing the package. It can't be opened. I believe they then write on it "refused; return to sender" and it is sent back.

Having said that, there are probably 500 people that would buy it off you! I am one of those 500 :-)!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 01:29 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
I have always taken it to the post office and told them I am refusing the package. It can't be opened. I believe they then write on it "refused; return to sender" and it is sent back.

Having said that, there are probably 500 people that would buy it off you! I am one of those 500 :-)!

Carrie
I need to refuse/return it as my money was refunded.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-01-16, 01:29 PM  
carres1973

That's a good point!
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 03:29 PM  
jenn38

When you pick it from the PO do not open it. Tell the clerk you are refusing it and they will send it back for free. Unfortunately if you open it we have to charge to return it. Just beware returns don't often return quickly to the senders. The go to processing facilities and are some of the last mail to be processed. But if you have your tracking number you will see it scanned refused and returned to sender the day you bring it in.
Old 04-01-16, 04:31 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn38 View Post
When you pick it from the PO do not open it. Tell the clerk you are refusing it and they will send it back for free. Unfortunately if you open it we have to charge to return it. Just beware returns don't often return quickly to the senders. The go to processing facilities and are some of the last mail to be processed. But if you have your tracking number you will see it scanned refused and returned to sender the day you bring it in.
So the package still gets tracked if it's refused?

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 09:16 PM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
So the package still gets tracked if it's refused?
Yes we scan it refused and put a return to sender sticker on it as long as its unopened. If a customer opens it they have to pay shipping to return it. We are able to scan it at the register or with a hand held scanner. Then we send all mail out every night at 5pm to head to processing facilities.

Our processing facility is very understaffed so I'm not exactly sure how long a refused return would take. But as long as you keep your tracking number you should be able to track its return. Or at least in a perfect world yiu should be able to.
Old 04-02-16, 09:45 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks for the replies!

What a nightmare this has been!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-02-16, 09:49 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn38 View Post
Yes we scan it refused and put a return to sender sticker on it as long as its unopened. If a customer opens it they have to pay shipping to return it. We are able to scan it at the register or with a hand held scanner. Then we send all mail out every night at 5pm to head to processing facilities.

Our processing facility is very understaffed so I'm not exactly sure how long a refused return would take. But as long as you keep your tracking number you should be able to track its return. Or at least in a perfect world yiu should be able to.
Good to know...thanks!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ashley black guru, bad customer service, fascia blaster, poor customer service