Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-28-22, 01:30 AM  
Helen

AMD
• Don't be hard on yourself about how much you achived compare to another year - circumstances change.
• Hope your foot problem gets sorted soon - pain just walking is intolerable.
• Had no idea what you meant by "pokey balls" and "Sweet Gum". Thought, maybe, being a Gum tree, might be Australian - no, but VERY common here I grew up with one - remember distcinctly my mother planting it as a 2' stick and watched it grow into a grand climbing tree! The balls are NOT nice to walk on with bare feet and can be dangerous on hard surfaces. Have photographs of my children as toddlers wallowing in a trailer full of dried leaves. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES! They are known as a Liquidambar here.

Thursday
Spent mostly in traditional holiday-mode as it was the last day of my holidays. DH & I took Alice down to a beach-like strip next to the lake inlet. Very calm waters, and tried again, to get her to swim. Had success for the first time - took her until she was 4, but it finally clicked - swimming in waist-deep water for the first time. We were delighted!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 11:25 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thank you, Helen! I know, I have a tendency to look at what needs to be done as opposed to what I did accomplish and the circumstances with caring for my mom!/ Haha, and thank you for the geography (I guess, more so agriculture) lesson and what kind of trees you have over there. Love hearing about that stuff! But if your tree growing up was anything like mine, you have my deepest sympathy!! Yes, the seeds, "pokey balls" I call them, are very prickly and bothersome! I worry some dog walker will turn their ankle stepping on one and sue us and as a resort, I try to keep the sidewalks clear of them!!

Tammie, thank you for sharing what has worked for your PF! Those look very similar to what I've been using. But until this morning, I never thought about putting them in my workout shoes! Did you have them in while dancing or just afterward for the rest of the time? Do you think it'd be good to workout with them in or just include them in your street shoes the other hours of the day?

TGIF!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Sunny and nice (clean yard), here!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 12:13 PM  
Luv2WO

Hi Helen! Sorry I just saw your post about Pilates by Lisa. I need to check this thread more than just posting my workouts! I really like Lisa. She is great at explaining the exercises and I don't get hurt doing her workouts. At this point in life, my main goal is to not be injured so Pilates and walking works for me. I've been subscribed to her site since 2016! Can't believe how fast time goes.

I need to work on my posture so may add in more Essentrics next month. I need to be careful with my back though because sometimes it will tweak doing the side to side lunges. Oh the joys of getting old. Haha!

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone! Even though I don't post here often, I love seeing all your workouts. Keeps me motivated.
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 02:36 PM  
amg

T2B - I ordered a pickleball set (GRM set with 4 paddles) on Amazon just based on reviews. It looks like most serious players have a Niupipo paddle so we may eventually upgrade. They are on Amazon also.

Yesterday, we went to visit a friend at a campground with pickleball courts. Since there was 3 of us, we were taking turns playing singles when a man asked if he could join and he would teach us to play doubles. It is such a different game only covering half the court. Much less running around so you can play much longer. The serving rules were quite different too but we have it down now. Anyway, fun to play as singles or doubles.
Old 01-28-22, 06:59 PM  
Helen

Luv2WO
• No apology required AT ALL!! Being on a 12-hour time difference, I'm used to a day or two between sides of a conversation as very typical anyway.
• Not being injured (again) is high for me too - anything at night, anything on a slippery surface, ... worries me since I have no ACL (snapped a year ago & not reconstructed).

Friday
First day back at work. Why we needed to go in person, I DON'T know, as it was ALL online via teams. Being an introvert, it was exhausting being around so many people - 10 in the maths staffroom.
After work: 2 hour dog walk

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-28-22, 07:59 PM  
Tammie M

AnMrsDe, I agree with all of your comments about the KCM workouts. When I ordered them I thought I would like the Power Splits workouts more than the Cardio Fit workouts but the reverse is true for me also.

Yes, I had to use the inserts when dancing. There was only one move that I attempted where they did not work well. It was a move where the guy turned you over his back and you had to use your core muscles to try to land softly. Unfortunately my core muscles weren't up to the task and it was a jolt to my feet. I only did that move few times and decided I was too old for it. I did not use the inserts for exercising. The ones I had were the original hard ones but there is an HTP soft gel one that might work better for exercising. I do always use sports inserts in my shoes when exercising. The original HTP inserts work well in all of my shoes except dress shoes. I've even used them in cowboy boots.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 11:06 AM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg View Post
T2B - I ordered a pickleball set (GRM set with 4 paddles) on Amazon just based on reviews. It looks like most serious players have a Niupipo paddle so we may eventually upgrade. They are on Amazon also.

Yesterday, we went to visit a friend at a campground with pickleball courts. Since there was 3 of us, we were taking turns playing singles when a man asked if he could join and he would teach us to play doubles. It is such a different game only covering half the court. Much less running around so you can play much longer. The serving rules were quite different too but we have it down now. Anyway, fun to play as singles or doubles.
Thanks for the info, and thanks for sharing! I added the GRM set to my Amazon cart, so it’s there, and ready to buy, when we are closer to actually playing. Sounds like everyone had a fun day!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 12:17 PM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks for your response, Tammie!

February thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...42#post2955042

See you next month!! (And some MIA's, I hope!)
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 06:08 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Tammie Thanks for the information on the inserts. I’m going to try them! My foot bothers me more at work, specifically after I sit for 20 minutes or so. Once I get moving it eases up. It’s been manageable this month but I AM SO OVER IT! Do you still go dancing? I have two left feet but that sounds like fun!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 07:05 PM  
Helen

If it wasn't for the dog, I'd be immobile lately. Not sure why - humidty, heat, wanting to do nothing for the last inklings of my holidays, DH is home so spending time with him.... Need to get upstairs to the gym today - finish January OUT of this minor slump.

Saturday = 90min dog walk

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.

Tags
full body workout vol 3, just the workouts, kcm power splits, standing yoga