Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-05-21, 05:54 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hello everyone.
SB- I'm glad to hear you're able to get a little bit of walking in. I hear you on not being used to the cold that's settling in. I too am having trouble acclimatizing. I bought a ski pass for this year even though I never once used the one I had last year (shoulder). But, I'm feeling blaaah about the very idea!

PP- I spent another 45 minutes with your Brian on Youtube today. I did a 45 minute walk.

Cambet-Thanks for reminding me about Country Heat. I bought that on your rec a while ago, but haven't used it much. I'm going to look it out this week!

Well, like I said above, I did a 45 minute walking workout. Later, I did a 40 minute outdoor walk (wasn't icy). I also finished my 4DS. Yesterday was Bis and Tris and today I subbed KCM lower body for Cathe. Also, I did some stepping with Marc Oliver Kluike yesterday.
Old 12-05-21, 09:57 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I am experiencing déjà vu because I wrote out a long post and lost it :-( so now I’m starting over…

Saturday’s work out started with Mr. and Mrs. muscle’s 5m warm up, 35m Back and Biceps (these are getting longer and longer!) and ended with focus fitness’ 30m cardio to burn fat and keep muscle, although I feel this was more of a toning work out.

I added shrugs, Y raise, and substituted superman for bird dog in B&B, as well as adding rest periods and alternating exercises.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 10:05 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, I worked out with Brian again today also :-) you certainly are doing a lot of workouts! I’m impressed :-)

SB, i’m glad to hear you are getting back to your walks! I am enjoying my weight workouts a lot more than I expected to, I thought I would do one or two think ‘this is boring“ and go back to my YouTube variety. I’m still listening to the 80s music while doing the workouts, I’m sure that helps :-). We have had rain often on for the past couple days but the highs have been in the 70s.

Cambet, my friend who is also a college professor is excited about the end of the semester also! I’m glad you found someone else who enjoys your walking meetings :-). Hubby and I like to compare our steps at the end of the day. Since he works at a desk I usually win, but he’s trying to add in more steps throughout the day. If there’s any way I can help with the weight work
out, I would be happy to

I’m going to quick post before something happens :-)

Old 12-06-21, 10:43 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Monday’s workout started with Vera Laro’s10 minute warm-up of which I only did five minutes. I forgot to set the stopwatch so I don’t know how long I did Chest and Triceps. I alternated the chest and triceps exercises and added pullovers, 1 arm overhead triceps press and Hyght press. I followed this up with Fitness with Cindy‘s Lunch Break walk and 15m walking Workout.

Our high temperature dropped about 30° today so winter has definitely arrived! We got our first Christmas card Saturday and I started writing ours today. I never really get into the Christmas spirit until about a week before the actual day however I’m watching Christmas movies and the radio is playing Christmas carols.

Old 12-07-21, 08:48 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Sunday I did segments of CH Elite: Wild Horse throughout the day to make it to 250 steps/hour between 8-4. That night I wasn't too far from 10,000 steps, so I got up and did CH Elite: Rope & Ride (and the last segment of WH) to make it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

I only slept for a few hours Sunday night because I HAD to finish grading an exam that I needed to give back to my students yesterday, so I got home yesterday evening and (unexpectedly) crashed on the sofa around 7:00 pm without eating dinner or working out. I woke up at 2:00 am, confused, and went and crawled in bed. I'll get back to it today.

SB - Glad you were able to get in another walk. I'm not sure if I'd be willing to walk in 40 degree temps either. Congratulations to your daughter! One of my nieces graduated with her Master's degree last Sunday and we were able to watch her walk across the stage because they live-streamed the ceremony. It was actually kind of neat because when they were about 10 people from calling her name my sister texted the family and my dad, my other sister, and I all logged on in time to see her walk across the stage and get hooded. Then I texted her and let her know I was watching and proud of her. She was so excited! I wonder if your daughter's school will offer a live-streaming of the ceremony option. Sometimes modern technology comes in very handy.

Penguin - Great job with your workouts! I've never been a big fan of splits, but you're making me think that that may be the most practical way to go when I get back to weights, maybe in January. I'm thinking about starting Chalene Extreme then. We'll see. I had planned to put up my Christmas tree and otherwise decorate for Christmas last night but I fell asleep. Maybe I'll get to it this evening or tomorrow (I have a lot of grading to do before classes tomorrow, so it may have to wait until tomorrow evening).

Nora - Great job with your workouts! Country Heat comes in handy when I just want to move but not do any hardcore cardio.
Old 12-07-21, 09:30 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Cambet- I looked for that WGC DVD today. I probably stuck it inside another case or something, because I can't find it. Oh well. It'll turn up at some point no doubt! I must say that reading your posts about grading exams and reading papers, going to meetings etc. makes me NOT nostalgic for my job. So glad to be retired!!

SB- I hope you're getting some more walking in. I miss my regular long walks a lot. That shoulder break really affected my psyche. Too afraid to walk where ice is a possibility.

PP- sounds like you're getting into the Xmas spirit. I truly hate shopping, so at this point, I find it a pain in the a@@. I'll feel better about it once my shopping is done, no doubt. Almost there.

Today, I did a Cathe ub premix and then her step sync.
Old 12-08-21, 03:44 AM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, we are getting pretty good about either buying gift cards or ordering things online. I want to get my mother a new hoodie to wear around the house the one she’s currently wearing I literally remember from when I was a teenager. And we picked up some puzzles for my dad. I got some difficult ones but not the truly diabolical ones :-).

Cambet, if you crashed on the couch and slept for that long you obviously needed the rest! I like your idea of doing different segments of your work out during the day. I used to do two short cardio workouts a day, and have been thinking it would be easier and less exhausting to do my weights and cardio separately. I used to only do full body weights and then I think I did a Cathe split, probably Slow and Heavy off FitTV and realized that I can give each muscle group more attention this way.

Old 12-08-21, 10:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Popping in to say hi. The walking/exercise is on the backburner again as the nerve pain increased after my little walking experiment last week. So I'll re-group and see how things go for now.

CAMBET, sounds like such an exhausting week for you. Great job getting any movement in. I have to ask my DD if there's a livestream of the ceremony.
That would be nice.

NORA & PENGUIN, nice job keeping up with your routines.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-21, 10:16 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB - so sorry to hear that the back is still not cooperating. I feel for you on the high deductible insurance bs. You guys need an upgrade on your medicaide care, to catch up to the rest of the civilized world!!

PP- I know there are better ways of shopping for Xmas. I guess I leave it too late then worry that stuff won't arrive in time. I'm still an in-person shopper at Christmas. So dumb! Your mom sounds like she needs a new hoodie!

Hi Cambet. Your holidays can't come soon enough!

I did a 45 minute indoor walk today.
Old 12-10-21, 08:59 PM  
patchworkpenguin

We’ve had an unexpected warm snap and it was 80° today. I should’ve turn the AC on because it really got hot when I worked out! I started with JaneKate’s 4 m warm-up (not real impressed with this, she acted like she didn’t want to be there and someone was forcing her to do the work out) , I did 27m Should on my own and finished with Improved Health’s 1.5 miles dance walk.

I finished my red sweater and have started work on the hubby‘s patriotic quilt in earnest. We are trying to get everything done so we don’t have to leave the house the week before or after Christmas :-). Neither one of us is really good with crowds and would rather just stay home.