Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-21, 12:46 PM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of July 4

Happy July 4th everyone! I hope you are all having a good holiday.

My wrist is getting better slowly. My exercise has been taking walks or going on the elliptical or doing some kickboxing videos. I did do LITE Metabolic Blast Friday but couldn't go higher than 8 lbs without my wrist hurting.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 02:30 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

This will be a test post. Just lost a long one. Ugghhh….

DH and I drove about 5 hours on Saturday so I could do the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta on July 4th. Normally this is the biggest 10K in the world with 60,000 runners. With Covid, they limited the number of runners and split the race in to 2 days. It was so much fun! Very hilly and challenging course with one hill called Cardiac Hill which is a mile long. Ouch. I had to walk some on Cardiac Hill. I got in through a lottery system. We also ran in waves that left every 10 minutes to be more spread out. I did well and feel semi accomplished. We came back yesterday a few hours after I finished.

Jbliff I’m glad your wrist is getting better. Hey you might try Turbo Barre as the first section is about 20 min long and Cathe uses 5# only to thoroughly work upper body.

Happy Birthday America. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 01:26 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was ICE To the Mat + core premix. I had to modify a few moves so I wouldn't put any weight on the left wrist and it worked out fine.

Karjoy
- Wow, that's a lot of people for a race! Glad you had fun. How hot was it?
Thanks for the tip on Turbo Barre. I've been trying to figure out which workout I can do for UB.

We're in a heat wave again with the heat index around 100 for the next few days. I hope everyone is staying cool. Waves!
Old 07-06-21, 06:26 PM  
Cher

Hi! Got back from the cabin yesterday. It was hotter than HECK!

Workout today was Perfect Pump Mish Mosh #1 premix. Alternates the upper and lower body exercises.

Still need to catch up with last weeks thread.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 08:27 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff it was very humid in Atlanta but temperature at the start of the race was about 64 degrees—blessedly cool for July 4th. My wave started at 0710.

Hi Cher! Gosh, sorry you and Jbliff are having terrible heat. Hope it goes away by the weekend. Is the cabin air conditioned?

Drive by: 3 mile run this am and Burn for chest, back, and shoulders tonight.

Hi Gibbee and Vannie.
Old 07-07-21, 05:03 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Muscle Sculpting Upper Body. It was a surprisingly decent workout. I was able to increase my weight to 10 lbs and it didn't bother my wrist.

Karjoy
- That's good your wave started so early to beat the heat.

Cher - Welcome back. I hope you had a nice break at the cabin.

Hi to Gibbee and Vannie.
Old 07-07-21, 06:27 AM  
Cher

JBliff - Glad to hear your wrist seems to be getting better and your finding some upper body workouts to do.

Karen - Great job with that race and Cardiac Hill! No, AC at the cabin. Sleeping is sometimes rough up there in the summer when we get those temps in the 90s. It’s still hot here for a few more days. I’d still take that heat over the cold we get in the winter though.
Old 07-07-21, 08:53 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Another drive by: 3.6 mile run this am and Burn Boot Camp for legs tonight. The tropical storm did not really affect us except for some rain thank heavens.

Cher good to hear from you! It is very hard to sleep when it’s too warm in the room. It’s an emergency to Floridians to be without AC! Hopefully you don’t have too many hot nights at the cabin.

Saying hello to Vannie and Gibbee.
Old 07-08-21, 05:32 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was about 20 minutes of Cathe’s Lower Impact Step and Cathe’s PLB Stability Ball section and cool-down.

Karen - Glad to hear Elsa didn’t affect your area except rain. Definitely need that AC in FL!

Waves to everyone else!
Old 07-09-21, 05:24 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Jenny Ford’s Walk Across America Michigan and Inner Dimension TV Flexibility and Beyond Short & Sweet.