Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-24-22, 09:42 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie great job getting a workout done before leaving for your trip. And wow! You got a BB loaded with 60# for $10? Awesome. Sounds like a good weekend.

I got in since UB workout with my heaviest tubing. Felt great.

Night all.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 09:51 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Lower Body using heavier weights, followed by 27 minutes of yoga. The lower body work might have been a mistake as I've been having pain in my left hip and the workout made the hip hurt worse than ever. What a bummer.

Vannie - That was a great deal you were able to score! Congratulations.

Karjoy - I really do enjoy using tubing and bands as a break from dumbbells.

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 09:43 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff sorry about the hip. Hope pain goes away quickly.

Did 50 minutes on the mill tonight’. The podcast du jour was about Daniel Ellsberg, the government analyst who spilled the secrets about the Vietnam War in the Pentagon Papers. Good stuff.
Old 01-26-22, 09:27 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a 40-minute walk with DH followed by 30 minutes of yoga focusing on the hips.

Karjoy
- The hip pain is substantially improved today. I will probably stay away from any lower body for a day or two. I believe in the movie "The Post" with Meryl Streep, the story line is about Daniel Ellsberg and the Post publishing the Pentagon papers.

We might be getting more snow Friday/Saturday. Fingers crossed it doesn't come!

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 01-26-22, 10:18 AM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys! I haven't used my new barbell yet but I'm looking forward to it! I'm still trying to figure out how to schedule myself so I can do the things I want but in a way that isn't overwhelming and dread-inducing.

Monday I did day 6 of the Human 2.0 and Lauren squat challenges and a Caroline Jordan hamstring workout. Then I did my pre-run calf and knee workouts from YouTube, 2.066 mi for 10k trainer wk1 day3 on the treadmill using VA Wild California Run for scenery and Zombies Run S3M48 for motivation (distraction? ), Helen Clare's piriformis workout and Yoga for Runners post-run practice. Yesterday was a wind chill warning so I put off our first walk till about 1:00 and had a terrible time overcoming slugdom all day as a result. I wasted so much time on YouTube! Around 4:30 I finally convinced myself to do a 20 minute Leslie walk and the flexibility and relaxation segment of 10MS Yoga. Another wind chill warning this morning but I'm determined not to repeat yesterday's lack of self-discipline!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 09:26 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff gosh I hope you don’t get the Bomb Cyclone! Ouch.

Vannie good job this week. Darn it’s cold where you live. Brrr…

I’m bead. I managed 30 min on the mill and called it a day. Waves to all.
Old 01-27-22, 10:45 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Supersets. I did the whole thing, including lower body. I went lighter than Cathe on the lower body work and my hip is feeling OK today, thank goodness.

Karjoy - I *think* we will be getting about 1-3 inches of snow. We're right on the edge of the storm and can get between 1-3 or 4-6".

Vannie - You are a trooper going outside in that cold but I guess Cyric needs his walk.

Old 01-27-22, 01:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I didn't workout but cleaned the kitchen, baked oatmeal cookies and worked on workout card organization instead, so I was determined to not to skip working out today but I have a tension jaw/headache and can't get warmed up. We were finally able to walk just under 3 miles this morning (29 degrees with real feel of 20!) and I suspect I'm just cold bc I didn't change out of my sweaty shirt when we got home. But I also stayed up too late last night and feel like a cozy nap instead of anything else!

I have been all over the place trying to fit in too many challenges and just feeling overwhelmed by my inability to prioritize. We are hoping to take our snowshoeing trip this year that we missed the last two so I decided today I need to sit down and set up a program focused on preparing for that, which means lots of lower body focus. It's been so cold a lot of this winter so far with not a ton of snow where I am, so I'm sure I've even lost some of my regular walk endurance. When Cyric and I did 3 miles in the snow at the state park the other day I was pretty beat by the time we got back to the car. Not beat like I couldn't do more but like I needed a break first! Between the super cold actual temps and then the brutal winds, our walks have been hindered. It was so nice to get that longer walk in this morning! So my hope is to have a better more focused workout schedule to start on Monday.

Karen and JBliff, yep, Cyric needs his exercise but some days it's just too cold for much. Yesterday the temps were up but the wind was just awful. I handle the frigid better than the windy! But so much depends on him too. Last night we didn't even go half a mile bc the wind had drifted all the snow back in on the sidewalks and he didn't have anywhere to get out of the snow. I didn't even attempt the afternoon walk and the morning one I waited till 11 when it had warmed up some but it was still too cold. I don't think I'm quite as tough or dedicated as I was when D'Argo and Chianna were alive either. It helped that they wanted their walks no matter what and Cyric often seems to not care as much. He wants to burn off energy but he's happy to do it with play and hide and seek too.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 06:45 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I’m resting today as we are doing a longish run in am. It’s gonna be really cold for us: wind chill will be in the low 20s. It’s not so bad once you get started but you really have to layer.

Jbliff are you gonna get some of the nor’easter? It sounds very brutal. So from your post it sounds like anywhere from 1-4 inches of snow. Do you think it will be really windy too? Good for you doing all of Supersets and bonus for no hip pain.

Vannie I feel for you trying to set priorities with workout challenges. You like a lot of different types of workouts. But if you be are going to go snowshoeing it makes a lot of sense to do a bunch of lower body. Where do you snowshoe buy the way?
Sounds like fun.

Waves to Cher and Gibbee
Old 01-28-22, 07:48 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Rev'd Up Rumble + 25 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - We did get snow earlier today but we seem to have dodged the big storm event. The snow was very light and didn't stick since today's high was 41. I think it is supposed to snow some more but we shouldn't get more than an inch or so.

Vannie - I feel for you with the cold weather and the wind. Hopefully you'll figure out a streamlined set of challenges you can do with the time you have.

Cher, Gibbee - I hope you are both doing OK. Check in when you can.