Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-16-22, 08:51 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I spent over an hour putting away all the Halloween stuff. The tubs were all packed before I went to AZ in November but I hadn't played Tetris getting everything back in the closet. Nice to have that done. The basement looks so much bigger!

Wednesday I just did day 2 of Kassandra's current yoga challenge. Thursday I did days 3 and 4 of the challenge and I think day 4 of the challenges I didn't do on Monday. Friday was a Leslie ramp workout and Kassandra day 5. Yesterday was a Jessica Smith HIIT walk, Cathe Stretch Max resistance band routine and Kassandra day 6.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 09:44 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Resting one more day. See you all tomorrow.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 01:19 PM  
JBliff

No workout for me since Friday. I may try to do some yoga today.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 03:22 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did day 5 of both the Human 2.0 Movement Challenge and Lauren's squat challenge. Then I did a Yoga With Adriene runner's warmup (didn't love it, a warmup should be dynamic), Aztec Athletics plyo calves, GuerrillaZen bulletproof knees, wk1 day2 interval run on the treadmill, Helen Clare piriformis exercises, and Yoga With Adriene runner's cool down, which was better than the warmup sequence for me. Today Cyric and I walked a little over 3 mi at the nearby state park. Not nearly enough snow for snowshoes but enough that the walk took more effort and my legs were tired by the end. I just finished up Kassandra's most recent challenge and then did day 1 of the Yoga Treat yin challenge, dragon pose. Have a little to do in the kitchen and then I'll do our afternoon walk early bc I'm going to see Ghostbusters finally!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-18-22, 09:07 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. We had our coldest night so far this year, down to 27 degrees last night but it warmed up into mid 50s. Did a nice recovery 30 minute run/walk workout on the treadmill. Listened to a podcast about Havana Syndrome concerning US diplomats who experienced dizziness and headaches and fatigue while working in Embassies in Cuba and other places.

Vannie I agree. Running warmups should be dynamic to some degree. Maybe Adriane is not a runner? Your walk through snow sounds like intense cardio. How much snow do you need for snowshoes? Does Cyric like snow?

Jbliff glad to see your taking a few days off. Hope you have not been sick. Do you hike at all in cold weather?

Waves to Cher and Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 09:30 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, I feel like warmups in general should be dynamic rather than static. I've only done a few Adriene practices. It kind of sounded like she's maybe a casual runner but I'm not sure. My average heart rate this morning was low, it was more legwork today than cardio. We tend to want 8" at a minimum for snowshoeing, but a foot is better. Cyric does like the snow and cold. Much better than the heat! I've been lucky, all my dogs have done well in the cold.

Old 01-19-22, 06:51 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Good morning all! So sorry for such a long silence. I hope everyone is doing well!

Cher: How are things going? How are you doing and how is your mom doing?

Karen: I hope all has been well with you? I am sure you have been busy with work and such. Do you think Cathe will make another try for a road trip this year?

Vannie: How are you? I haven't read this whole thread but it sounds like you have been busy.

JBliff: How are you? What do you think of Cathe's proposed new series? Not much to go on yet, but it sounds good.

Check in:Things have been busy here and also slow at the same time. We finally have the paperwork to get things moving with my FIL's estate - only to run into winter weather and sickness. DD has had bronchitis and now I'm down with something similar (negative for C19) and so we are delayed once again. But hopefully we will get things moving and sell the property in the next several of months. I need it gone. I have things of Darrell's that I haven't even touched that need to get moving as well and I can't do both homes, work and have a life.

Workouts are basically non-existent. I shoot for 2 a week and am lucky to get those done. I am either wiped out or I simply can't put one more thing into my days.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I miss you guys!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 07:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Gibbee, it's so good to hear from you. I'm sorry you and your DD aren't feeling well. I hope you are better soon and that you are able to wrap up your FIL's estate more quickly then. I'm sure you want dedicated time to face Darrell's things. I'm sorry you aren't having the time or energy to workout like you want. I always got the feeling it was kind of a sanity saver for you.

I'm doing pretty good, thanks. The last few months of last year were rough for me but I'm doing better so far this year, one day at a time.

Old 01-19-22, 10:03 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 30 minutes on the elliptical. I felt like I was going become a mushroom with my lack of activity and not being outside much. It's been so cold here, and it snowed again but thank goodness it was just a couple of inches and the snow melted quickly.

Gibbee - So great to hear from you! I'm sorry to hear you and your DD are feeling under the weather, but great that you tested negative. Cathe's new series sounds good to me. I always wanted a shorter STS with more mobility/stretching routines.

Vannie - I had to laugh at your description of playing Tetris to get everything back into the closet.

Karjoy - That whole Havana syndrome is so weird and scary that we can be affected to that extent. I have hiked in cold weather (maybe 40s and 50s) but I don't think I could hike in colder weather than that.

Cher - I hope you are doing well. How is Joseph doing?

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 04:41 PM  
Vantreesta

I didn't feel like working out today so I convinced myself to just do Yoga in Practice S1E4 and day 2 of the yin challenge (saddle pose). We have a wind chill advisory till noon tmrw so walks are short today and tmrw.

JB, it's definitely a mental challenge to get them all back in!