Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-11-22, 09:18 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie I was thinking like Jbliff that maybe you could cut back a bit on challenges. Maybe you’re overwhelmed? I be admire your dedication to trying new things. Just don’t freeze to death! Do you mostly stream your workouts?

I ran a little over 4 miles and 6 miles yesterday. Days are getting a bit longer so I can run 5 miles and be home by dark.

Jbliff I now workout upstairs but I really don’t want to take ALL my weights up those stairs so I will try more Peloton body weight add ons, and I don’t mind taking 1-2 pairs of lighter DBs upstairs like 5s and 8s. I’m sorry you have a ST but thankfully it sounds better. Oh I just thought of another good workout with lighter weights, Cathe Turbo Barre weight section.

Cher hope you are doing ok. Miss you Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 12:55 AM  
Vantreesta

Today after lunch I shoveled packed snow (from last week) for 45 minutes. It was 40 degrees and felt so awesome I just had to go for a run after I finished. I was excited to go and even though I know it wasn't smart, I didn't do any warmup bc I knew I would lose the oomph so I just changed clothes and went for wk1 day1 of the 10k trainer, which was 8x :60 run/:90 walk with 5 min warmup and cooldown walks, so 2.15 mi. Then I did Yoga for Runners post-run practice before I took Cyric for his second walk. Felt so good to run, even though it was just 8 one-minute intervals!

I'm going to try to still do the challenges I've started but space them out and not try to do them all every day.

ETA: About streaming workouts, I keep trying to resist using YouTube bc I have well over 600 DVDs, but FOMO keeps pulling me in when I see what other people are posting about! I had been using it just for PT type stuff and for things I don't have on DVD like rowing and elliptical. I really miss my DVDs though.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 09:06 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 53 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy - I have 2 sets of most DBs from when we had the lake house and a house in town. DH keeps a lighter set of DBs in the closet of our 4th floor TV room and sometimes he just does some UB work while he's watching TV. Agree on Turbo Barre. Surprisingly hard for using 5-lb weights.

Good news is I had a PCR COVID test and it came back negative.

Vannie - Sounds like you had a good workout yesterday! 40 seems really warm for your area. I think our high was 30.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 09:33 AM  
Vantreesta

Yay for a negative covid test, JB! Yep, 40 is definitely warm for MN in January. I'm actually not sure what the average is for right now. I don't pay much attention to that stuff. Guessing maybe teens?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 09:28 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Took a mental health rest day today. It’s been crazy at work lately and I just needed a totally down evening. Feels good! I watched some Amazon Prime videos about climbing MT Everest. No mountains here in Florida!

I hear people say that their cities have very limited free COvID testing but here you can’t turn a corner without coming upon a new free testing site. We are very grateful.

I’m best. See you tomorrow.
Old 01-13-22, 10:20 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was PHA2 + 25 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy
- Good for you taking a break from the craziness at work.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 01-13-22, 09:05 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Had a nice 6.25 mile run tonight. Mixed and matched my route which was a nice change. That little bit of extra light at the end of the day makes all the difference.

There is a weird other virus going around here. Patients report mild aches and sweats and some have runny nose and sore throat. They repeatedly test negative for COvID and they test negative for flu and strep as well. Fortunately it does not seem to last long or be as severe as flu A. Strange.

Jbliff all the PHAs are great workouts it seems.

Night and waves to everyone.
Old 01-14-22, 09:26 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Wish me luck for tomorrow am as I am doing my longest run in over a year at 18 miles. It will be nice and chilly at the start which helps. See ya tomorrow.
Old 01-15-22, 01:00 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout Thursday was Rev'd Up Rumble. Friday I had an outpatient medical procedure so will need to rest and not exercise the next couple of days.

Karjoy - I hope the run went well today. Strange about the virus that is neither Covid nor the flu.

It's pretty cold here today (30s will be our high) and it is supposed to snow tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it's not as bad as last time. We ended up getting about 14 inches total.

Waves to all. Have a good weekend.
Old 01-16-22, 06:53 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

My run went very well. But, holy Sam Hill it was just about torture! 18.6 miles or 30K of HILLS! I have run out there lots before but we usually did less than 18 miles for our long run. I was so very happy to be done. Luckily it is a beautiful red clay road with trees and ponds so quite lovely. Resting today. Whew.

We are going to have our coldest weather so far this winter. During the day it will be in the low 50s during the day and low 30s at night and even colder next week. I’m ready!

I guess we are all having miserable weather to some degree. I bet Vannie and Cher have the coldest though! Gibbee I heard the Midwest is bone chillingly cold too.

Jbliff my friend Judi in Lockettsville Va, is in Vermont visiting family and it is 1 below zero there.

Thank goodness for treadmills and DVDs and streaming!

Everyone stay warm.