Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-14, 08:15 PM  
moviegrl1737

Dance workout recs wanted

I have two left feet, but I want to dance!
I can follow the YBB Live series (Cardio Cabaret, Hip Hop, etc.) so I need a lot of TIFTing, which I know lots of people dislike, but for dance I need it.
I like the looks of Zumba, but I'm not sure it breaks it down enough for me. I also love when there is music with lyrics.
Can anyone recommend dance workouts for someone like me?
Insanity Grad
Half Marathon Finisher

"What you do today is important because you are trading a day of your life for it." - Unknown
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 08:36 PM  
deineira

I love dance workouts too, and my favorites right now are Solibeat and Christi Taylor's Pure Spice. There's not a lot of TIFTT in those, but since you can do a DVD so many times, I think you could definitely learn the steps if you do the DVD repeatedly. Neither one is complicated or difficult, but they are a lot of fun.

I also have the Rockin Body workouts and those have very easy choreography, so you could try those. They have popular songs, which is fun when you have a recognizable tune in your workout.

I've never done Jazzercise, but I wonder if that might work for you? My impression of it is it's pretty simple.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 08:55 PM  
andtckrtoo

I think you should try Zumba. You can get discs for cheap on Amazon and eBay, if you want to try it. Most of the songs have a about three or four groups of moves that repeat. Many of the videos also have the option of have instruction or not. Besides, Zumba is just fun!

I like Christi Taylor's Pure Spice, too - she's adorable.
Old 01-25-14, 09:12 PM  
pharma_gal

Another vote for Pure Spice! Its awesome..Does anyone know if Christi is gona make another workout like that?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 09:30 PM  
BunnyHop

Another Pure Spice fan checking in.

For me, with my level of coordination and working out on carpet, the best I can manage is to kinda follow along. Some of the moves are just beyond me, but I love the workout anyhow.
I treat it almost as though it were a walking workout, and just do what I can, keeping my feet moving.

The music is what keeps me going, sometimes I can hardly believe the time has passed so quickly.

I do think she's got a sequel planned. (Yay!)
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 09:36 PM  
boukilisa

Another vote for Zumba here. Each set comes with a fun instructional DVD that break the moves way down to the basics. I got a good workout just doing the instructionals at first. Plus you're in your workout space with nobody but yourself so who cares if you miss a step.

I agree with the poster who said that you can always use the vocal cuing option rather than follow visual cues which is harder for some people. I think the first set is easier to learn than Exhilarate or the latest Incredible Results system (the most fun one IMO).
Old 01-25-14, 09:56 PM  
Sultana

To me there is a difference between dance and exercise that is dancey. Doonya is Bollywood fitness but to me feels like genuine Bolly dance moves.
Sultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 12:03 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I agree about Zumba, and Pure Spice (which is Zumba too). Bellyfit is also fun.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 12:04 AM  
Honeydew

What about Jazzercise Burlesque? It's a lot of fun and has good music. I have 2 left feet too and I can follow this so I"m sure you could too!
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 12:12 AM  
NRGWoman

I really like Shaun T's Rockin' Body. It is a hoot and I always have a great time doing it. I also like his Hip Hop Abs. Again dancey and fun.

Your future isn't written yet, your future is what you make it, so make it a good one. - Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future III

What would happen if everyday I woke up and I did everything in my power to change my life? How would my life be different in a month, a year? - Liz Murray, Homeless to Harvard
NRGWoman is offline   Reply With Quote