Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-13, 09:04 AM  
Bebop

Off topic - maybe ? No more What Not to Wear

Any one else going to miss Tracey and Clinton?

I loved this show. They took women of all sizes and showed that what you weigh and what your body type is doesn't matter.

They showed anyone could look good with the right fit and style and that it's what is inside that counts.

They showed that women can be beautiful in all shapes and sizes.

One thing they helped me with was to get over the "size" thing when shopping for clothes. Dress for the largest part of your body and tailor the rest. They also taught me the benefit of good bra
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 09:12 AM  
sciencelady

Yes, I'll miss them - I've hopefully learned some dressing rules from them to never be nominated for their show . I was kind of surprised to see no mention of previous cohosts/team members in their 10 year recap - Stacy and Carmindy have been the only constants over the 10 years.

One thing I've particularly noticed this season that's been bugging me is their constant hitting of the alcoholic beverages during their "work day" .
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 09:19 AM  
TracyQ

I'll miss it too. I learned a lot from that show. I have Stacy's Book "The Truth About Style" Enhanced Edition (E book). It's very good.

I haven't watched the season finale yet. I'll probably watch it today while DH watches football.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 09:42 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
Any one else going to miss Tracey and Clinton?
Yes! Me. I'm very sad. I LOVE shows that make the average person glow and feel beautiful!
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 10:46 AM  
Bebop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
One thing I've particularly noticed this season that's been bugging me is their constant hitting of the alcoholic beverages during their "work day" .
Yes, I noticed that too.

I was surprised they didn't mention Nick either at the finale.

I used to watch the show during law school. I'd be so stressed out and my brain was so full of facts and law that I wanted a fun show that I didn't have think or solve anything.

Many a night after a show, I'd purge my closet.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 10:48 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I got a little teary watching the finale on Friday! And I was waiting of some mention of Nick, too--I could never figure out if he got fired or left of his own accord.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 11:14 AM  
cpcathy

I've loved this show from the beginning, and I adore Stacy and Clinton. They have taught me so much about shopping for clothes--don't worry about sizes, find clothes that fit, tailor your clothes, buy flattering shapes and colors. They want women to feel beautiful no matter who you are, and I appreciate that. However, I still have a hard time wearing a little blazer just to run to the grocery store!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 03:26 PM  
mtnmom

I haven't watched for a number of years. We got rid of cable TV about 4 years ago. Which means, in our area, no TV. But we have streaming video, so there are still shows I can watch.

Right now, only the 2011 season is available on Netflix streaming. Because of this thread, I watched the first episode, Becky, and I'm sure I'll be watching the rest.

So, when did Nick leave?
Old 10-20-13, 03:41 PM  
Buzzer

I'm so sad!! I was sad when Fiona left "how do I look" and stopped watching it, so "what not to wear" was my style show. Granted, my style sucks, but they got me thinking and purging my closet and looking at new clothes differently. I have no more style shows!!!

I admit, I cried in the finale show. I was surprised they talked about being hungover for some of the shows, but whatever. I used to get all my thinking work done in the morning so I could go out to lunch and have a margarita or two years ago (like early 90's) so who am I to judge??

Luckily for me, I have the first few seasons I didn't have cable so didn't watch, so I get to either hope for reruns or look em up on the net.

Anyone have any good style shows like WNTW or old HDIL (with Fiona) suggestions???

I'm so sad, but happy to see others are sad too.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 03:50 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcathy View Post
I've loved this show from the beginning, and I adore Stacy and Clinton. They have taught me so much about shopping for clothes--don't worry about sizes, find clothes that fit, tailor your clothes, buy flattering shapes and colors. They want women to feel beautiful no matter who you are, and I appreciate that. However, I still have a hard time wearing a little blazer just to run to the grocery store!
Lol, I used to joke about my family gettng me on the show, but they had to promise to warn me first so I could run and hide my jeans. I live in jeans. I couod improve my going out more formal style, but I am gonna wear jeans or yoga pants to the grocery store.
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote