Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-13, 09:10 AM  
zoegirl

Question Can you compare Hip Hop Abs with Rockin' Body?

Thanks to bzar's recent post on the 2013 Hits and Misses thread, I am looking into buying either Hip Hop Abs or Rockin' Body. I think I would like the music better in Rockin' Body but can't really decide which workout would be better. Now that it is getting cooler, I need some cardio to replace our evening walks and, though I will always love Leslie, I thought I would try something a little different.

Does anyone have both? Or if not, just share thoughts about the one that you do have.

Thanks for the enabling!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 11:09 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have both and vastly prefer Rockin' Body. Shaun cues the moves much better in RB. It just seems more fun to me.

In both sets, Shaun is way over the top and in RB there is a huge cheese factor that one must either ignore or embrace.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 11:22 AM  
zoegirl

So, Alta, do you enjoy Rockin' Body? We seem to have similar tastes to other workouts. Do you reach for it very often or did you at least do it very often when you first got it? If not, what do you enjoy for cardio?
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 11:27 AM  
loverly7

I have both and agree with the previous poster. I very much prefer Rockin Body. There is definitely a cheese factor, but I think it's a hoot.
loverly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 01:28 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
So, Alta, do you enjoy Rockin' Body? We seem to have similar tastes to other workouts. Do you reach for it very often or did you at least do it very often when you first got it? If not, what do you enjoy for cardio?
I do like Rockin' Body. I like that there is a modifying exerciser in all the workouts. If I can't do a certain move, I just make up my own thing, I haven't done one for a while.

Due to some mental, physical and emotional issues, pretty much all I can do lately is Leslie Sansone (cardio) or Margaret Richard (strength).

I have several newer workouts that I like, but are languishing: DDP Yoga, BellyFit Elements, Drop 2 Sizes, etc.

I hope to get myself together in the near future!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 03:39 PM  
NRGWoman

I love Rockin' Body!!! It is the cheese factor that makes it so incredibly fun I spend the entire time laughing at how absurd it is and forget that I am working out

Your future isn't written yet, your future is what you make it, so make it a good one. - Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future III

What would happen if everyday I woke up and I did everything in my power to change my life? How would my life be different in a month, a year? - Liz Murray, Homeless to Harvard
NRGWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-13, 09:18 PM  
Vee

Thank you for this thread. I have been feeling relatively low on energy. Skipping workouts just makes me feel worse. I hope some easier (choreography and intensity wise) and fun cardio is the answer to get me through my slump. I bought Rockin Body from Mary.

Alta, good luck with finding your mojo again.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-13, 10:50 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post

Due to some mental, physical and emotional issues, pretty much all I can do lately is Leslie Sansone (cardio) .....

I hope to get myself together in the near future!
That's me exactly, lol! I'm also hoping that it's true that there is such a thing as muscle memory and that my muscles haven't developed Alzheimer's disease. Just not been a good exercise year.
Old 10-15-13, 01:31 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i bought RB first because i saw the blue cover on sale at amazon, and it had the most workouts (i think 2 discs with 4 workouts total or something like that). i checked the reviews on VF, and people said RB was better. it is good but i wouldn't say it's vastly better than HHA. i'd almost say they are kind of similar, but just different. kinda like "cousins" of eachother.

well, i had an opportunity to buy HHA at a garage sale. i got the basic DVD set - like 4 discs? later on, i found one of the add-ons from the "Dance Party" set at a thrift store, i really like it. that was a total bargain because the Dance Party series is a 2-disc set that BB is selling for the exhorbitant price of $39.90. you get maybe 1 tiny bonus routine, but no other extras!

the 1 disc that i have from Dance Party is awesome. i love it.

i find HHA very user friendly. for someone who has no dance mojo like me, it's great. and it's got more fun moves than Leslie.

i like RB for just variety's sake.

both systems are so affordable on BB now. good luck with whatever you decide!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-13, 07:11 PM  
Vee

I bought the Rockin Body set and it arrived yesterday.

I did Party Express. I liked it. Not in love. This is my busy period at work. I feel mentally and physically drained at this time of the year. I have no motivation to do anything intense or anything that needs concentration. This fits the bill.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hha, hip hop abs, hip hop abs dance party, rockin' body, shaun t