Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-20, 11:52 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Wendy was on VF the other day to close a thread.

We need more new members.

(We need more pot-stirrers. My arm is getting tired.)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 11:59 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Wendy was on VF the other day to close a thread.

We need more new members.

(We need more pot-stirrers. My arm is getting tired.)
The first time she's popped in to close a thread in a LONG time. (yes, I'm aware she's dealing with her own stuff).

We need moderators, more members...and sorry, but less pot stirrers. It's not the scope of the board to discuss politics, etc and with climate of the world it will just alienate, even with the best of intentions.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 12:20 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
The first time she's popped in to close a thread in a LONG time. (yes, I'm aware she's dealing with her own stuff).

We need moderators, more members...and sorry, but less pot stirrers. It's not the scope of the board to discuss politics, etc and with climate of the world it will just alienate, even with the best of intentions.
I recall several VFers volunteering to be Mods a while back.

Folks want to help but aren't getting any response. It's frustrating.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-17-20, 12:28 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

It was good to "see" WWendy even if it was just to close a thread. I'm honestly surprised by the comment that there are too many pot stirrers on this forum. I have noticed a couple people who only post to blast someone else's post, but I don't think it's that prevalent these days. Not sure that any regular posters are "pot stirrers" as I don't believe disagreement means someone is trying to cause trouble. What a dull place this would be if everyone agreed on everything and it is one that I wouldn't find valuable. I can only think of one thread (the one that WWendy closed) that was devolving into pure politics. By that time it was clear where various people stood on the issues and the thread no longer had a purpose. I don't think the lack of moderation has been much of an issue these days and we have mostly gotten better at ignoring obvious troll type posts. JMHO of course.

I tend to back away when threads turn too "political" as that's never been a road that ends well, either now in our divisive times or 20 years ago when we allegedly were more "together." However, "pot stirrers" or people who post controversial opinions can also stimulate interesting discussions as long as they are respectful. Not that I'm opposed to a little bit of snark now and again. Alta needs some company.

It's such a different time. Our group as a whole tends to be aging and life seems to be busier than it ever was before. The forum is evolving just as we are. But, we need new members. Maybe the increase of people working out at home will lead to more members.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 12:35 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
... However, "pot stirrers" or people who post controversial opinions can also stimulate interesting discussions as long as they are respectful. Not that I'm opposed to a little bit of snark now and again. Alta needs some company. ...

If a pot isn't stirred once in a while, the meal gets burned and crusty.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-19-20, 07:34 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Yeah, I miss the old days. But since I'm pretty much only doing streaming, there are no DVD news from me. **Im totally addicted to Julia's Fit Body, I do those all the time.**
Me toooo! lol I do her workouts the majority of the time, with some Cathe cardio sprinkled in. I also do other Youtube workouts, like I just discovered the channel of another Julia Fitness Friend, McLane Fitness (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSL...3VDSpshUYTnvyg). I love Linda's Barlates workouts too but haven't done them in awhile.

Do you belong to Julia's Facebook group? It's fun posting with the Fitness Friends.

The main reason I don't post on here that much anymore is because, for the most part, the kinds of workouts I like to do aren't very popular here. Not just the YouTube part (there are some threads but not a ton of traction or enthusiasm compared to DVDs) but also the intensity part. I think the average age of the forum contributes to that, favoring gentler workouts. It would be good to have more moderators here to let more people join the forum. If you don't allow fresh blood in, the forum is going to slowly die out.
Old 05-22-20, 08:30 PM  
TinaT

I am definitely on and off the forum. I don't post as much as I used to. Life hit hard the last couple of years, so my time and attention has been else where. But now the dust is settling and I feel like I have time to give back to myself again … and post here a bit more.

I miss the old days too, and hold to those memories of so many good discussions. I have been able to express myself on this forum in a way I have never been able to with friends and family who live right here in the same town as me. I am so grateful for all the advice, opinions & support when life has gotten hard.

Thank you all who have been in it for the long haul.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 08:13 AM  
laurajhawk

I've thought of a couple more reasons I might come here/post here less:
(1) I've figured out what works for me. Part of that is variety, so I still use a good part of my collection, but I'm not constantly shopping for "the answer" anymore so there's less urgency for me about reading reviews and discussions.
(2) There are more offerings now, partly because of streaming and partly because old workouts never fade, they linger forever on our shelves. But that means when something is new, it's not quite the forum-engulfing bandwagon effect that it used to be. I remember getting Brazil Butt Lift when it was new, and that was fun because SO MANY of us were discovering it and doing the rotation together.

That said, I still love VF! This is one of my happy places.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 09:13 AM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

If a pot isn't stirred once in a while, the meal gets burned and crusty.
I love it! Funny. I am still here, maybe not as much, but I LOVE VF!!!!!!!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 10:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

As Laura mentioned, I miss the days when something new came around and those who loved it had threads to share the love, motivate each other, etc. It was exciting. When Yoga Booty Ballet was new there was so much fun discussion about it.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
absent vfers, ifit, new members, tommy rivs puzey, vf activity