Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-12, 09:05 PM  
muddjeansgal

Leslie's 4 Mile Power Walk

I just got this from Collage today. I am very tired so tried the 2 mile Classic Walk. This dvd has a 4 mile walk and then broken down into a 2 mile classic and 2 mile power walk. I haven't really explored the dvd enough to see if it has any menu options or chapter points in order to switch the miles around.

The classic walk was pretty low intensity compared to some of her boosted walks but the moves had a pretty good amount of variety.
So far I like this one better than her last Ultimate walk, not sure why though.

The walkers (at least in these 2 miles) are all young and fit. Some were in her last workout. Like some have said, these could be paid talent.

They each had on different colored tops which was nice, the set was same as last workout.

The entire walk including warm up and cool down was 30 minutes.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 09:21 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Is this a new DVD?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 09:33 PM  
bfit

Yes, this is a new DVD, just released. I got mine in the mail today. I've watched parts of it, but have not actually done it yet. It looks good to me so far. The menu options are the full 4 mile walk or 2 of the 4 miles or the other 2 of the 4 miles. The first and last miles of the 4 mile walk are straightforward walking, and miles 2 and 3 are intervals of slower walking and "boosted" higher impact moves. If you choose one of the 2 mile workouts you can do miles 1 and 4 for "classic walk" or miles 2 and 3 for "power walk". The set and participants seem to be the same ones as Leslie's recent 5 Day Walk Plan DVD. The participants are at least slightly different for each mile. There is a warm up of about 4 minutes at the start. I didn't watch long enough to see what the cool down is like.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 09:45 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Well then, I'm off to order!
Old 07-03-12, 06:30 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

I mentioned in the bargain section that Costco has this one bundled with the Ultimate 5 Day Walk for $12.99.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 11:20 AM  
Gams

How is the music in this one?

Love your puppy, Patrice!!!
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 11:37 AM  
bfit

As I mentioned before, I haven't done the entire workout, but from what I've heard so far the music is OK but nothing special. But, it's not the same old songs that have been in so many Leslie workouts (like the "Everybody" song). All of the music I heard was only instrumental - no vocals.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 02:39 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Gams I haven't done it yet, so I can't respond to the music. Thanks for the dog compliment. My "puppy" is 10 years old.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 03:10 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

You mean it's not the same instrumental song she uses for all of her boosted walking?
Old 07-03-12, 03:43 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I originally didn't want to get any more Leslie's.. but after looking at the clip over on Collage and really liking her latest one, I might cave eventually... Amazon seems to drop the prices quite a bit, so I'll wait until it's a bit cheaper... Until then I'll just use my 50+ other Leslie's I have! LOL

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4 mile power walk, costco, leslie, leslie sansone, walking workouts