Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-21, 11:02 AM  
Gams

Happy news?

Anyone have any happy news to share? I feel like we’re drowning in a sea of sadness - so many losses here at VF and everywhere else. I lost one of my dogs on Wednesday and I don’t even like being in my house anymore - it’s too bare and quiet. If someone has happy news or even a corny joke, please share. ❤️
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 11:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

((((Gams)))), so sorry about the loss of your dog. It's tough - they add so much to our lives. You are right, it feels like sad news is the norm these days.

Happy news? I managed to get my first shot of the vaccine the other day. I feel like there's hope in sight. Of course, one person's happy (taking the vaccine) may be another person's "you are out of your mind".

My ex-husband's 40 year old niece ran off to Key West and got married for the first time right before New Year's. The joy on her face would make you happy.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 11:10 AM  
Gams

Thanks, Carol!
Old 01-03-21, 11:42 AM  
cyana

I saw my son and DIL yesterday for the first time in 10 months.

We sat outside on the porch (appropriately distanced per the CDC guidelines) and enjoyed catching up, exchanging gifts and the bonus was a sunny, unseasonably warm day (although I had some warm throws ready, if needed ).

Gams - So sorry to hear about your dog. I have an aging kitty who has been with me through many difficult life events and will be absolutely heartbroken when he's gone.

Carol - Loved the story about the niece getting married in Key West.

Some light-hearted entertainment:

If you haven't seen this - Boston Dynamics robots dancing to a great oldie - "Do You Love Me?". Holy cow, these robots dance 10 times better than me (alas, that bar is set pretty low in my case , says she with 47 left feet).

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/12/...s-dance-video/

Or - it may not be fuzzy and warm, but oh my gosh, it is SO cute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxn...&feature=share

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 11:45 AM  
star117

So sorry for your loss! And to everyone else who has lost a loved one this year!

My oldest son got engaged in November to a lovely young lady who will graduate from med school in May. Before he did, I asked my sister about giving him our mom's engagement ring for him to reset for their ring and she enthusiastically insisted. Mom died in 2018 and was very close with my son.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 11:49 AM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post

My oldest son got engaged in November to a lovely young lady who will graduate from med school in May. Before he did, I asked my sister about giving him our mom's engagement ring for him to reset for their ring and she enthusiastically insisted. Mom died in 2018 and was very close with my son.
Congratulations to your son and what a beautiful gesture from you and your sister.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 11:51 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I lost one of my dogs on Wednesday and I don’t even like being in my house anymore - it’s too bare and quiet. ❤️
I'm so sorry about the loss of your dog. Losing a pet is very difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Happy news? I managed to get my first shot of the vaccine the other day. I feel like there's hope in sight.

My ex-husband's 40 year old niece ran off to Key West and got married for the first time right before New Year's. The joy on her face would make you happy.

Carol
These are both great - thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
I saw my son and DIL yesterday for the first time in 10 months.
How wonderful! I saw all four of my kids for the first time in a long time just before Thanksgiving. They arrived at the same time and it had been such a long time since everyone was together. I was so overwhelmed that I cried and cried.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 12:00 PM  
Gams

My 14-year old nephew has been working at Hardee’s for several months now and he was telling my dad that employees at McDonald’s have it so much easier because they either work at the window making change or the other window handing out the food and at Hardee’s he has to do BOTH! That did make me smile.
Old 01-03-21, 12:01 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Gams, I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. It's so difficult to part with our furry kids. We'll be facing the same thing soon. One of ours is very old and not doing well. Hugs...

Happy news - kind of silly but my husband actually offered to clean our 5 litter boxes today. We have 8 cats - I know, it's crazy. Anyway, his offer made my day as I'm the one always doing it.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 12:10 PM  
Gams

In the past year I’ve lost seven dogs. My friend told me to quit adopting older dogs. I do have a puppy now, but I miss my old gang of sweet faces. ❤️

Tags
good news, happy news