Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-13, 08:44 AM  
Honeydew

Well since I've been doing TA Continuity and the background is all white, so that doesn't bother me. I'm used to it now. I do like the looks of it and it's on my wishlist!
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 09:29 AM  
Buzzer

X2, violingal. The clip makes me think of a workout I owned long ago with girls in spandex doing synchronized exercises on a rotating white platform. Seems to me it has become a creepy male viewing workout (thanks to Vf for that info ). I just keep waiting for them to start rotating.
I was excited for this before the clips, now I'm 98.99% sure these will never see the light of Buzzers workout room.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 09:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

This actually looked pretty good to me, white background and shouting nothwithstanding. And they weren't even on my radar before I saw the clip. The first DB and DB series were too fast and frantic for me but this looks possibly more doable. I also like the looks of TA's Precision Toning and PDS 3. And I don't do TA. I have serious issues here
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 10:22 AM  
lilmonkey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
X2, violingal. The clip makes me think of a workout I owned long ago with girls in spandex doing synchronized exercises on a rotating white platform. Seems to me it has become a creepy male viewing workout (thanks to Vf for that info ). I just keep waiting for them to start rotating.
I was excited for this before the clips, now I'm 98.99% sure these will never see the light of Buzzers workout room.
I know exactly what workouts you are talking about! I remember watching those back in the 80s and I always thought "That doesn't really look like exercise" Some of those workouts are on Youtube, but I can't remember what they were called.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 02:05 PM  
Bliss6789

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey2 View Post
I know exactly what workouts you are talking about! I remember watching those back in the 80s and I always thought "That doesn't really look like exercise" Some of those workouts are on Youtube, but I can't remember what they were called.
Wasn't it called "The 20 Minute Workout" or something very simple like that? And the lead instructor's name was Bess something? I'm vaguely remembering the show.

Old 08-23-13, 02:16 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss6789 View Post
Wasn't it called "The 20 Minute Workout" or something very simple like that? And the lead instructor's name was Bess something? I'm vaguely remembering the show.

Yes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md0VH5Oh2ng

I remember watching this as a kid and wanting to be Bess when I grew up
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 10:04 PM  
kitty12

Wow, I was waiting for some clips and thought these looked fantastic. OK maybe I think the white background is strange, but the "shouting" sounded just like Dream Body except that she was talking slower. The workout and the way she talked reminded me so much of Dream Body it was kind of odd. Just a slower version. I am ordering!!
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-13, 10:51 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
Wow, I was waiting for some clips and thought these looked fantastic. OK maybe I think the white background is strange, but the "shouting" sounded just like Dream Body except that she was talking slower. The workout and the way she talked reminded me so much of Dream Body it was kind of odd. Just a slower version. I am ordering!!
I ordered, and mine is in transit.

I know some posters were put off/turned off by Shandi and the yelling, but I didn't hear any yelling. Everybody has their own little triggers and preferences. I am most concerned about the white background. During my most recent pregnancy I acquired a similarly filmed workout that I ended up ditching due to the same kind of white background. I had SUCH trouble finding challenging pregnancy workouts and this was a good one but I just couldn't take it. So I am a little worried.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-13, 04:51 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Edensmom, I bet you'll love it. Leah's Total Body has a whit background, but it didn't bother because I was working too hard to notice! Let us know what you think once they arrive!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-13, 12:57 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Edensmom, I bet you'll love it. Leah's Total Body has a whit background, but it didn't bother because I was working too hard to notice! Let us know what you think once they arrive!
That is a really good (and helpful ) comparison. Leah's seemed echoey too, and I even remember people saying they were distracted by her makeup and spray tan. When doing the workout none of those things stand out at all. In fact, I totally forgot she had a white background.

The workouts look fun and challenging. I will probably receive them Monday as they went out yesterday. My little sister's wedding (!!) is on Monday so Tuesday I will most likely get to try one out.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mixxtreme