Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-12, 06:18 AM  
Inchworm

Which would be better? POP Physique 3 pack or the Fusion Fitness Dream Body DVD?

Hi,

I really love barre/pilates workouts. I have the new Ballet Body DVD's, BM... etc. The new ones I mentioned above, have my attention, but I don't know which one would be better. The Dream Body one looked good, but fast and I was wondering which one you all think would be better?

Also, what does POP stand for? I see it a lot with other workouts. I've seen it used on T-Tapp and Blogilates workouts.

Thanks,

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 06:29 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I am still waiting for my Pop set to arrive but I received Dream Body and previewed it. It is not barre at all, but truly a fusion with LOTS of core work and non-stop fast-paced moves. It looks TOUGH! It reminds me a little of Core Fusion Cardio (not on DVD but the live classes or the one available on YogaVibes). So it looks like it would be a good complement to barre if that is what you are looking for. I will give it a try today and report back...
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 07:57 AM  
Ann1964

I have ordered POP too. Dream Body looks to hard for me right now.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 08:28 AM  
momofcha

I have both, but haven't really given POP my full attention. I did Dream Body again last night (4th? 5th? time) and I still love it. It's fast paced, but I feel worked when I'm done. It's a great feeling. It's different than anything else I have. The POP are a good value, but if you already have a lot of barre workouts, I'm not sure how different they are.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 11:27 AM  
Inchworm

When some r saying Dreambody is fast paced, does it have potential to cause injury or is it more of a cardio and leaning out kind of workout?
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 01:36 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
When some r saying Dreambody is fast paced, does it have potential to cause injury or is it more of a cardio and leaning out kind of workout?
Well, I tried it yesterday and on some moves I went at my own pace because I felt their pace was either unsafe or that I would get more of the move by slowing down a little and maximizing ROM. She basically does each move for many many reps (my guess would be about 1 minute but I did not count) so it's easy to go at your own pace when needed. Some of the background exercisers do that too.

The overall pace definitely gives a cardio effect.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 07:54 PM  
icebergslim

I did the full Dreambody today, I have been working just sections as add-ons and this is a full out TOUGH workout. If you think you can keep going with 5#s or 4#s, think again. I had to work with my 1s and 2#s, the workout is that thorough and intense. This is one of my best purchases this year along with Kettlebell Kickboxing and the Horizontals. It has a definite cardio effect and you can easily burn over 500 calories doing this workout.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 08:55 PM  
NotThatGirl

I like Pop Physique more, I like the workout more and the instructors more too. That isn't to say that I dislike Darby or think she is annoying, it's just that Pop is more do-able for me. I like all three DVDs and it was a better deal, I paid the same price for Dream Body that I did for Pop and got 3 DVDs instead of the one. It is definitely a tough workout but when it came down to it for me I wanted both and I am not sorry that I spent the money on either of them. You can't really go wrong, they are just both very different like others have mentioned.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
darby brender, fusion fitness dream body, pop physique