Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-11, 06:46 AM  
wnt2bfirm

Just want to say that I have Skogg and really like it. It has the best tutorial. I think the tutorial on RKS is really lacking. I have a lot of trouble getting the clean. With Skogg, I almost have it, but with RKS, that tutorial was a joke. I think they are both great systems and plan to use both in the coming months. I hope both Skogg and RKS come out with another set.
wnt2bfirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 07:08 AM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2bfirm View Post
Just want to say that I have Skogg and really like it. It has the best tutorial. I think the tutorial on RKS is really lacking. I have a lot of trouble getting the clean. With Skogg, I almost have it, but with RKS, that tutorial was a joke. I think they are both great systems and plan to use both in the coming months. I hope both Skogg and RKS come out with another set.
I can't compare the instructionals....I haven't watched the RKS one yet
I plan on watching it this week though, I like to get as many tips on snatches as I can. I still don't think I do those right....
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 10:10 AM  
katmom

I purchased RKS first & completed the first 2 weeks of the rotation. I felt pretty good regarding my form for those 2 weeks, but since I am new to kettlebells I thought I could benefit from additional instruction. I have not located any local kettlebell training that meshes with my location/schedule. I received a $75 Amazon gift certificate and purchased the Skogg system which just arrived. I am glad to hear others say it is the best system for beginners.
Old 06-22-11, 10:18 AM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie View Post
I'm an old broad too, but even when younger I never increased in strength and stamina like this. I just wish ladders didn't go so fast on the way down. I have to stop the dvd and do it on my own.
I love this...*old broad*...!

That is my only complaint too, I wish Ladders could be slowed down, but I think its part of the challenge, to step it up and keep pushing yourself until finally you can keep up.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 10:21 AM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDiva View Post
I love this...*old broad*...!

That is my only complaint too, I wish Ladders could be slowed down, but I think its part of the challenge, to step it up and keep pushing yourself until finally you can keep up.
LOL I was ahead of them for like 80% of the workout and the last part of it I started slowing WAY down and got behind haha!
Old 06-22-11, 10:23 AM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
LOL I was ahead of them for like 80% of the workout and the last part of it I started slowing WAY down and got behind haha!
You just gave me an idea, maybe I should start before them, or would that be considered cheating.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 10:29 AM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiva View Post
you just gave me an idea, maybe i should start before them, or would that be considered cheating. :d
lol!
Old 06-22-11, 10:35 AM  
cardiomama

Another Skogg enthusiast here! I like the workouts a lot (just wrote my last review on the system), and glad that I bought the system.

Pros:
*Well produced

*Clear instruction & form pointers (tutorial, Roots, Intervals)

*Background exercisers work hard & have great form (smile, natural banter w/ each other & Michael but no mugginess)

*Michael is professional but motivating w/ genuine comments (no sexy talk, trying to be a comedian/Mr. Cool or just flat out annoying w/ repeated workouts)

*Exercises are all done standing (no transition from floor to standing) & no cardio exercises mixed into it (plyos, burpees) but good cardio effect w/ most workouts (I do like KB workouts that mix in floor & cardio exercises, but nice to have an option that does not include those)

* Solid workouts w/ short duration of time (feel energized afterwards, & sufficiently worked)

* good cool-downs (only 2), but they feel like they stretch everything in the right places w/out being too short or long

Cons (minor):
*Warm-ups- wish Michael had made more w/ bell incorporation (only disc 1 incorporates bell exercises for w/u) & added some joint mobility before diving into the rotation exercises & Divebombers (I don't tend to warm-up w/ those, need more warming up before that).

* Would have liked for one of the DVDs to not follow the 4 workouts pattern on 1 disc (edited for progressions), like Ladders. Michael could have created 3-4 (even 2 w/ progressions) different workouts to follow along w/ each with a bit of a different focus (not same sequence of exercises, different reps, one workout could focus on ascending ladder, other descending vs. combining them)

It's funny, I don't really hear the Skogg music, only in the w/u & c/d. I don't think it adds so much to the workouts or is distracting either.

ETA: And even w/ the 6 primary KB exercises (disc 1 has 3 more in the w/u), the workouts did not feel repetitive at all (because of the sequencing of exercises).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 11:45 AM  
wnt2bfirm

So far, I've only done Roots. My only complaint is that Michael does not have a towel and wipes the sweat out of his eyes with his already sweaty wrist bands, that's the only thing that bothers me.
wnt2bfirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 11:51 AM  
counterclockwise

Skogg's instruction is great! I only wish they didn't go so fast in the DVDs. That was my only problem with it, but it was enough that I sold it. I know you can go at your own pace, and for whatever reason that works fine for me with RKS, but it didn't work out so well with Skogg (for me).

Great system, though!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell dvds, kettlebell instruction, michael skogg, skogg system