Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-20, 11:20 AM  
Honeydew

Does anyone order from Etsy?

I ordered a product and still haven't received it, it's been 7 days. I've contacted the seller to let her know but what is a reasonable amount of time to wait before I ask for my money back?
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 11:34 AM  
jusca

Did you receive a notification that it shipped? A week in transit isn't long these days. If it hasn't shipped and the seller hasn't communicated with you, I'd ask for a refund after 3 days if you don't hear back.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 11:39 AM  
rhbrand

Could be they are having trouble getting to the post office. Mine, in a small town, has cut hours. Others in small towns around me are totally closed until the virus is under control. Depending on the state, maybe getting to the post office isn't an easy thing.

But they really should contact you. Unless they are sick themselves. This Covid 19 has slowed EVERYTHING down.

But even before Covid, I've waited 2+ weeks for Etsy stuff cause its usually someone doing it in their spare time,and they don't have hundreds in stock.
Old 04-08-20, 11:43 AM  
wendug

I'm a seller on Etsy, and shipping really depends on who you are buying from. When you place an order, the site should tell you when the item will ship by based on what the seller has set up for shipping times. Have you received any kind of notification that the item has shipped, or has the seller contacted you to say the item will be delayed? I agree with Jusca that if the item has not shipped, contact the seller and ask the status of your order. If the seller does not respond within 3 days, ask for a refund.
Old 04-08-20, 01:17 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
I ordered a product and still haven't received it, it's been 7 days. I've contacted the seller to let her know but what is a reasonable amount of time to wait before I ask for my money back?
I wouldn't expect things to move as fast these days. Give your seller some more time. Life is crazy.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 02:33 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

I've been hearing on the news about mail being slower because employees are off caring for children who can't go to school, or just to avoid being exposed. So I would expect all mail to be slower for awhile.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 02:45 PM  
Honeydew

Yes, I got a shipping notice but no tracking number. I contacted the seller and she said she didn't have a tracking number. I guess I will give it a few more days.
Old 04-08-20, 03:02 PM  
BunnyHop

I guess I've been lucky that the few things I've ordered haven't been slowed down by all of this, but I do think it's really a question of whatever situation the seller is facing.

Some of the sellers I've had problems with over the years I've shopped on Etsy were just lousy at managing their businesses.

Have you messaged the seller to see if their business has been affected by shutdowns?
Old 04-08-20, 03:53 PM  
Honeydew

BunnyHop, she told me it was shipped, no tracking number but got a shipping notification...she said she was surprised I didn't get it yet when I contacted her about it. Not sure how much longer I should wait? ...should I wait until the weekend?

So if I ask for my money back and let's say she won't..then what is my next step? I"ve only ordered from Etsy once before with no problems.
Old 04-08-20, 04:20 PM  
rhbrand

I think you should easy wait until mid next week. My nephew works for the postal service and things are slower now than usual. A lot due to workers having to quarantine themselves due to either being sick themselves or being exposed. Give it more time cause hundreds of Postal workers if not thousands, are quarantined right now.

Tags
etsy