Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-05-20, 09:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

Ellen - Moving for Beauty
Trifecta Pilates - 15 Min Quick Pilates Routine

I did walk yesterday and finished some of the Pilates workout I had started in the morning. I think my sweet spot for Beth's workouts is 30 min. The longer ones tend to drag for me, but the shorter ones seem rushed.

Christine - I'm glad your test was negative. I sure hope you feel better soon.
On a sad note, did you see that Michelle's dog, Mojo passed? I always loved seeing him in her videos. It made me very sad to read that this morning.

Brenda - Great idea about community college!!! I have been reviewing literature lists - I figure during this time of confinement I should try to "elevate" my reading and read some classics.

Carol - ordered some stuff on Amazon this morning. It will take a few weeks to get here, but I'm freaked out about going out. i did order some masks and gloves, supposedly will be here by the end of the month.

Waves, Cheri, Dana, Linda....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 10:50 AM  
furmomof6

Thank you, everyone. My doctor told me if I don't feel better by tomorrow, I may need an office visit and blood work. I'm hesitant to go in to the office, but I know they're being extremely careful, only allowing one person in at a time so it's just you, the doctor and one front desk worker. You have to wear a mask and wash your hands before and after the visit too. Crazy times for sure.

Donna, I did hear about Mojo. I feel so bad for Michelle. She is understandably devastated.

Carol, that sounds awful! These viruses can really knock you out. It's terrible to get an unrelated one right now, just because of the concern.

Linda, thank you!

Happy Palm Sunday!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 04:32 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Jessica's Steppin' Strength

That was hard! I'm still recovering. LOL

Christine, yay for a negative test!!

Carol, thanks for your concern. I flit in and out of here so much that I'm thankful you all consider me part of the group. I'm not going anywhere.

Donna, your reading plan sounds fantastic. I've been working on several books as well.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 05:51 AM  
fanofladyvols

donna my sweet spot for pilates is 20 minutes but I like a solid 30 minutes. Pilates for an hour is hard for me to want to do.

Brenda I have heard some folks refer to Jessica as easier ..but I don't think that's true at all. I think because her demeanor is so inviting (aka not yelling).

Carol cracking open the case is a start! You had a super busy Sunday. Cathe Fit tower isn't one I have so you can educate me on those as you do them.

Christine would you have to do blood work bc of your Lyme disease? I hope you feel better each day.

I don't know about anyone else but I did the weeding the garden and lumberjack workout. Felt great to know I am strong enough to help pull a tree to direct it while the husband saws. (And btw, a 30 ft tree with only an 8 in base circumference feels a lot heavier and falls alot faster than you might think.)
Finished it off with a lower body hauling the chopped up tree up hill to a woodbrush pile. And yes, my hands, obliques, quads and glutes have DOMS, lol.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 07:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

For this week, at least as of right now, LOL, I think I will do Jessica's Plug & Play Rotation - it is set up like this:

Day 1 - Strength
Day 2 - Cardio
Day 3 - Strength
Day 4 - Core & Cardio
Day 5 - Strength
Day 6 - Pilates/Yoga/Fusion
Day 7 - Stretch/rest

You basically just pick from her playlist based on the time you want to workout and the type of workout you want to do:

https://jessicasmithtv.com/plug-play...tion-playlist/

So, for today I did:

Jessica - 16 Min Standing Strength Circuit - this was pretty low on the dread scale, straightforward, not too fast, not boring either!

Trifecta - Pilates Kickstart Day # 1 - I like this series - and Beth is releasing it on You Tube this week. On her membership site, this week's workouts are either long (an hour) or short and not my cup of tea - meditation - I know it is probably should do - but I'm really too antsy - which probably means I need to do it - but with all that is going on in the world right now - my mission is just to be kind to myself and do what I want when I have control over the choice!

I will fit some sort of "spark" in this afternoon as well as the regularly scheduled dog walk.

Linda - that is awesome that you are strong enough to do that stuff! I hate yard work more than grocery shopping, LOL!

Christine - I hope you are feeling better.

Brenda - Jessica can be sneaky. I'm enjoying my visit with her so far!

Hope everyone has a healthy and safe Monday.

Donna
Old 04-06-20, 07:35 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was

Cathe - Fit Tower Advanced: Legs, Glutes & Core - 46 minutes

This was a somewhat challenging barre type workout. The core work section was especially challenging, but I always find Cathe's ab/core work hard enough that I try to avoid it. For some reason yesterday, I thought I would attempt it. Some of the exercises were do-able and some were too hard for me as per normal. Cathe doesn't really give any modification suggestions in this DVD.

Donna - My maximum length for a pilates workout is about 30 minutes. Any longer than that and I am bored out of my mind. Between our Walmart Neighborhood Market and our big Walmart - both early in the morning and with crowd control - I managed to get everything I was looking for except Clorox wipes. I'm not sure I will ever see those available again. I was the second in line to get into the Neighborhood Market when they opened, and with my mask, I wasn't too nervous. I need some sewing supplies for masks and may go out to my local fabric store today.

Christine - I know! This is not the time to be sick with anything, or have allergies, for that matter. Hope you are continuing to improve!

Brenda - I think that Jessica workout is tough!

Linda - Lumberjack workout! I actually saw something on Facebook about a lumberjack workout - some guy had made a weight machine or something like that out of tree trunks.

Waves to Cheri and Dana.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 07:39 AM  
donnamp

Carol! Nice workouts. I did find some masks on Amazon, they will be here mid-late April. I also found some TP on Amazon that will be here in May I hope we can last until then....LOL! I do need to start hunting for the Clorox wipes. I have a multi-pack that I bought before the pandemic, but I figure, like the TP and Masks, it is going to be awhile before they get here.

Donna
Old 04-06-20, 08:41 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Carol! Nice workouts. I did find some masks on Amazon, they will be here mid-late April. I also found some TP on Amazon that will be here in May I hope we can last until then....LOL! I do need to start hunting for the Clorox wipes. I have a multi-pack that I bought before the pandemic, but I figure, like the TP and Masks, it is going to be awhile before they get here.

Donna
I felt fortunate to find both paper towels and toilet paper yesterday! Different stores, but it was still a victory. And neither store was crowded since they were limiting the number in at any one time and most everyone had masks on of some sort or fashion. I have one canister of Clorox wipes left - I managed to find 2 canisters the first week of March - it's not something I keep around the house normally. I do have some regular Clorox bleach, so I can make my own when the time comes.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 12:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Late workout for me today. I didn't even bother streaming since I knew I'll have freezing issues so I pulled out and did:

Gina B Dance That Walk Total Body 1 DVD - 55min.

I'm having a really bad day today. I had to go to the office this morning and something happened that infuriated me to the point that I just walked out. Nothing to do with Covid-19, but I think my tolerance level now is not what it normally is and I just don't want to deal with more stupidity at this time.

Then I get home and find out that our in-sink garbage disposal is not working (sounds like the motor is out) and as a result the other part of the sink is very slow draining. This is an emergency for me because we cook. So I call my plumber which I used for 14 years only to find out he retired a week ago. He did give me someone else's name but I don't know how much he charges and what is his availability during this time.

Then, to keep things interesting, I went up to my master bathroom, flipped a light switch that's over my double vanity only to find out that the switch is not working. I have 3 other light switches in that bathroom that work, just this one for the light fixture over the vanity (and the one that's most important) is not working. It was fine this morning when I used it! Grrrrr!

I made myself work out to see if I felt better, and I don't. I just don't want to deal with any of it and yes, it's ALL on ME. Ugh.
Old 04-06-20, 02:44 PM  
cherimac

Hi all!

PN Pilates for Strength and Calm
Buff Bites

I loved the new April workout from Smriti.

Oh, I did exercise late last week, I just couldn't get to the laptop to post. I'll be glad when DD is done with school.

Christine~so glad your test is negative. Praying you are feeling better today.

Waves to all. I need to give the laptop back to DD.