Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-07-20, 10:39 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, it just amazes me how quickly things are changing during this time. I've been listening to the governor's press conference a few times a week and watching the news about once a week just to make sure we know what's happening with restrictions. He is expected to announced tmrw an extension to shelter in place through the end of the month.

Jbliff, I hope your niece and her best friend recover quickly.

Gibbee, I'm sorry your DH is feeling depressed on top of all his health problems. I imagine it would be hard to keep positive with all he is facing and you as well.

Cheryl, I'm sure it's a big change for you not having time alone! It's weird here bc even though hubby is shut in the office working all day he does come out to go to the bathroom or get coffee and I feel guilty if I'm not being productive every time the door opens.

Our morning walk was only 2.43 mi today then I ran1.57 mi and did days 6 and 7 of Kassandra's yoga challenge. I can't seem to get more done than that. Other than our other two shorter walks every day. Cleaned the kitchen and some windows, did a load of laundry and dusted the living room.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 05:35 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a 40-minute walk with DH and Crunch Live kickboxing from GAIAM on demand. Our weather has been just spectacular and it's so nice to be outside. There is hardly anyone out and if we see someone coming we usually cross the street to avoid being anywhere close to another person.

Gibbee
- Thanks for the Cathe link. I almost have too many new workouts to try now, with all the free stuff on Youtube and from Verizon. I hope Verizon extends the free channels past April, even though nothing is as fun as Cathe for me.

Vannie - Seems to be you're doing plenty so you shouldn't feel guilty. My DH is the opposite of yours. He is always the one who wants to go for a walk.

Karjoy - I see your governor is exempting churches from the stay-at-home order, and not allowing local governments to impose stricter restrictions, which is about as insane as opening the beaches.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 07:37 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

JBliff - Cathe put the one on one workouts on her Cathe youtube channel!!!

Checkin - I was going to do the FS boxing workout but I decided to add on the warm up from Rev'd up Rumble... thank goodness I did bcz she did angel jacks btwn combo 1 and 2. First I thought I would modify, then decided to skip. Forgot that combo 2 has slow burpees and I said heck no. I'm done.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 12:59 PM  
Vantreesta

Jbliff, the agreement for me not working was that I have to keep the house clean and work on decluttering. I don't feel like I do a good enough job of it. I've been getting up about 6:40 and the whole morning is taken up with working out, breakfast, meditation, walking, shower and lunch. I don't get housework started till about 1 and then quit by 4 bc I walk Cyric around 4:20. Of course there really is only so much housework a person can do, I guess. You're lucky your DH wants to walk with you!

First thing this morning was PT exercises and then day 8 of Kassandra's Morning Yoga Movement challenge. This worked well. After a 3.91 mi walk with my boy I ran 1.67 mi and did S11E7 of Classical Stretch. I am loving the short daily runs after our longer walks. It got up to 70 yesterday but I think only 53 for the high today and I think they said the high Monday should be 38!

We are seeing a lot of people out walking and more dogs. Cyric started on Prozac a week and a half ago and it does seem to be helping some so he doesn't zoom past threshold right away when he sees the other dogs so I am better able to work on training him to be less reactive. We still have a ways to go but I celebrate every little victory we have!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-08-20, 02:11 PM  
Vantreesta

Governor just extended stay at home orders till May 4.

Old 04-09-20, 06:02 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie:I heard VA is through June 10. We are through April 24 at this point.

Check in:RWH Legs weights only premix.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 06:52 AM  
Cher

Tuesday’s workout was Jenny Ford Step Across America Virginia. Yesterday’s was just a 35 minute walk since it was nice out and I had a rough morning trying to file for Darrell’s unemployment. What a joke! I filed for his first 2 weeks off with no problem, then I filed for the 3rd week and problems started. They are supposed to be waving the requirement that you must look for work while getting unemployment since everything is closed and everyone is supposed to be staying home; so, of course, I go on the website to file and it asks if you looked for a job. If you say “no” (which I marked) it says your pay may be denied. If you say “yes” you have to list where you applied. I did not get these questions when I filed for the first 2 weeks. What the heck?!? The dumb @#!@#! Of course you can’t get through to talk to a person since there are millions of people in this state unemployed and trying to get through on the phone lines. What a joke!

I was also sort of depressed yesterday (and still am a little but better). I need to be around MORE people than these 2 I live with! Sometimes they both just irritate the heck out of me and I feel like I’m trapped here! At least the weather was nice and I got outside. Today it’s back to chilly, rainy, crappy weather which doesn’t help any. Sorry to be such a downer.

JBliff - June 10!?!? Ours was supposed to be up this Monday but everyone knows it will be extended. If she says any date in June, I will have a mental breakdown! I would rather her say until the end of April or something and just keep extending as we go every couple weeks than to even hear June right now. That is just to long for me to handle at one time right now. I heard about The governor of Georgia......saying some bull about not knowing it was so contagious or something! What, has he been living under a rock for the past few months???

Vannie - I think people that work on a regular basis are enjoying staying home doing nothing.....like my DH and yours. ( My sister is also loving being home just doing what she wants). On the other hand, people that normally stay home like me, don’t go a lot of places but can normally go do something when I need to get out and see people. I mainly miss seeing my mom and dad and my sister. Now I know more how you feel living so far from your family. I would die.

Gibbee - Good job getting in some workouts. I really need to up my strength training.....it’s my vegetable workouts so have to really forc myself. Maybe I should look into some type of rotation right now to help me do more. I would much rather do forms of cardio.

Karen - Your DH wouldn’t like it here.....our governor said no to the golf courses being able to open. Said they are not an essential business. People were trying to argue that it is essential for mental health. She still said no. I need to officially cancel our FL trip.....I just haven’t done it yet.

Ok, will be back to catch up in a bit. Unemployment office opens at 8:00 so need to see if I can jump in right away when they open or not
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 07:15 AM  
Vantreesta

Gibbee, June, ack! Although to be honest at this point I don't expect anything to happen as usual this year.

Cheryl, my hubby is actually working, just from home and not as late every day as he was before. Our neighbor took a week of voluntary layoff from his job and I think is happy for a little vacation. It's nice that his employer offered voluntary layoff so people who are able could take it and people who badly need the paycheck can keep working. I'm sorry you're feeling down. The struggle with unemployment is probably not helping! Hopefully that goes through today. I imagine it's hard not being able to see your family when you normally do so often. We really need to get back up to see my father-in-law before long. I think taking care of parents is listed as essential and I think this would count as that since he is grieving but I don't know for sure. I do miss my friends. I haven't seen any of them since January before I went to AZ. And I miss my chiropractor! I may break down and see if he's open. I think the hardest thing for me of having hubby home all the time is that he hates when Cyric barks so I was working on his triggers while hubby was at the office so that the barking wasn't a problem and now there isn't any time I can do it so some of his training is on hold.

Old 04-09-20, 07:58 AM  
Cher

Well, I saw in a FB Michigan Unemployment group, somebody posted a phone number that is for employers who are filing a claim for their employees. They said if you call that number and hit 0 through the messages you will get to a prompt where they will supposedly keep your place in line and call you back. Some people said they got a call back, others didn’t. They said the wait is about 2-1/2 hours when I called, so I left my number so we’ll see.

Vannie - Darrell never wants to go for a walk. You would think my house would be cleaner with me not working but I swear it was cleaner when I worked. I think because I knew I had to do something when I could. Now I know there is always tomorrow and tomorrow never comes. We will only be a high of 45 today.....one day of 70 yesterday and it’s gone. Our governor is supposed to say how much longer today.

I really want to just run away from right now but nowhere I can run to.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 08:57 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I can't remember, do you meditate? I think it is helping me quite a bit with all this. When we were still up north I was freaking out quite a bit, partly bc of everything else we were dealing with and knowing we had no food at home, but I also wasn't meditating. One afternoon I just put on my headphones even though we were all in the room together and listened to one and I did feel better. But getting outside every day, no matter what the weather is like, is also crucial for me.