Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-20, 06:35 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey girls!!!

So Rhythmic Step was fun but it was also a toughie choreography-wise. Not too bad though and it was so much fun I did not get frustrated...too much. LOL
I think if I did this a couple more times I would get the moves. Really has some fun, unique steps.
I just used one riser and thinking back, wonder if I should have started with just the topper until I learned the moves?

Anyway, I also spent a lot of time outside. We hit 70 degrees today which is very rare this time of year. Our normal high is about 54. So I was cleaning up flower beds (I have several) and just soaked in some natural Vitamin D.

Shout outs to you all! Keep going! Keep going! Keep going!

Tomorrow is Cardio & Weights and I'm really looking forward to that one after all your rave reviews!

Take care!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 06:52 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

bee and kittybug, yes, I did do Power Hour and Step Heat back to back with a bathroom break in between. If I had taken the time to think about it, I don't think I would have done it since it's pretty crazy!

bee, that story about Preacher, your Maine Coon was so funny! I had to share it with my DH and he was laughing hysterically at the picture of the situation he had in his head! Thanks for sharing it! Good luck with the STS/LIS rotation! It looks good. I wish there was a 30 day version. I LOVE the cooldown song from MIC. I feel so freakin' accomplished if I've just finished the whole workout, both step and hi lo. I always sing along.

kittybug, our Maine Coon is a little baby. He has been chased by the younger cat (aforementioned poop disturber) but he enjoys the play. It does look silly since he's so big and his buddy is much smaller.

horusosirus, I'm with you on the dread factor of STS. I have a tough time following a lengthy rotation anyway. The one time I did STS in its entirety was a struggle. The longest I ever completed did aside from this was a month long and I only did it once.

Kate, again I'm sorry about your job loss. It is strange to have to make a whole new routine. And please, report on how you did with Rhythmic Step! I really love the routine but the music got on my nerves, which I have mentioned numerous times. She uses a number of moves from her earlier step workouts, which is why I keep saying if you learn the moves in the Classics you can do most of what she does in the later ones!

Kim, Rhythmic Step came out in 2001. Time flies!

Today I did Power Max from 1996. Maria was also in this one, along with Rhonda and Helen. It was fun and I was able to overlook some of the whooping. There was a fair amount of it in the third segment, not so much in the first two. Like the other early step workouts I'm doing it's fun, fun, fun! It's on the DVD issued as Cardio Hits. I still have 2 more step workouts to do in this grouping. I'm not sure what weight workout I'll fit in, maybe something from Cardio Express? Of course if there is a different Cathe Live from her free offerings I might do that instead. I'm flexible.

Waves to all!!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 07:04 PM  
fanofladyvols

bee I love that rotation...seems like it would be easy for me to sub in MM for total body and slow and heavy or Gym Styles in for STS, too. Thanks for posting!!

kittybug I hear you on the needing flowers. Our home Depot and Lowe's was still selling garden stuff if you get real desperate. I miss my neighborhood nursery. Forget the mall...that's what I miss. And thrift stores..I do miss thrifting.

manley I am creating this huge doc of YT finds...think they will keep them up? I'm thinking better enjoy now, huh?

momofcha my DD wants to celebrate her birthday after this is over. Not a great time to celebrate the way she would like. Luckily I kept some decorations from last year and I put those up. She hasn't wanted to take them down. Hope you find a way to make it special.

horusosiris I really enjoy working one body part a day. That's good to know that Fitsplit works well with that concept.

Kate you and I were both working on cutting down trees this weekend..how funny!

kim glad you had a beautiful day! Many moons ago I used to do step at a gym at lunch a few times a week. The guy teaching was real no nonsense and athletic in his teaching. Built like a lineman. He got free use of gym for teaching step. I got a great workout from him. I sometimes use the combos he taught to sub for cathe step combos. I would do his class with my kid hooked in a carrier on my chest. Those little feet used to flop around and I would look down at that lil face smiling up at me. She thought it was great fun and danced around to the music. Years later, I would run into those folks at the grocery store and they would say, " Hey, you're that crazy lady who did step with your baby on you!"

cataddict I think you earned the rest day..I didn't earn one but think I will join you. My back feels wonky..too much yardwork I suspect.

Keep up the good work ChelePA!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 08:03 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
bee I love that rotation...seems like it would be easy for me to sub in MM for total body and slow and heavy or Gym Styles in for STS, too. Thanks for posting!!

kittybug I hear you on the needing flowers. Our home Depot and Lowe's was still selling garden stuff if you get real desperate. I miss my neighborhood nursery. Forget the mall...that's what I miss. And thrift stores..I do miss thrifting.

manley I am creating this huge doc of YT finds...think they will keep them up? I'm thinking better enjoy now, huh?

momofcha my DD wants to celebrate her birthday after this is over. Not a great time to celebrate the way she would like. Luckily I kept some decorations from last year and I put those up. She hasn't wanted to take them down. Hope you find a way to make it special.

horusosiris I really enjoy working one body part a day. That's good to know that Fitsplit works well with that concept.

Kate you and I were both working on cutting down trees this weekend..how funny!

kim glad you had a beautiful day! Many moons ago I used to do step at a gym at lunch a few times a week. The guy teaching was real no nonsense and athletic in his teaching. Built like a lineman. He got free use of gym for teaching step. I got a great workout from him. I sometimes use the combos he taught to sub for cathe step combos. I would do his class with my kid hooked in a carrier on my chest. Those little feet used to flop around and I would look down at that lil face smiling up at me. She thought it was great fun and danced around to the music. Years later, I would run into those folks at the grocery store and they would say, " Hey, you're that crazy lady who did step with your baby on you!"

cataddict I think you earned the rest day..I didn't earn one but think I will join you. My back feels wonky..too much yardwork I suspect.

Keep up the good work ChelePA!
Linda, that’s quite a story about doing step with your baby. Wow! What a fun way to get your exercise in!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 08:27 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I would do his class with my kid hooked in a carrier on my chest. Those little feet used to flop around and I would look down at that lil face smiling up at me. She thought it was great fun and danced around to the music. Years later, I would run into those folks at the grocery store and they would say, " Hey, you're that crazy lady who did step with your baby on you!"
I LOVE this!!! And how fun for everyone!! I can imagine it made the workout that much more enjoyable having your precious baby smiling up at you!! It made me smile just envisioning it!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 09:44 AM  
momofcha

Linda - love that story! Today was some of Lauren’s playground- shredder 1. Great cardio burn.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 02:09 PM  
fanofladyvols

Ha! Glad you guys enjoyed the story.
I should probably mention it was because the lil monster wouldn't stay in the nursery they had. Screamed her ever loving head off.

Today is yardwork all day until everything finally looks cared for. I doubt I have any gas left for a formal workout.

Carry on everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 02:25 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All!!!

Linda, yes, part of what I liked about the rotation is the ability to sub in other workouts -- in fact, I wrote up a little chart of which premix splits are grouped similarly. And I also loved the story of your baby doing step aerobics with you. Seems like something I might have done -- I always seemed to have my babies attached to me.

This morning I did the lower body portion of Total Body Trisets. I'm honestly not sure if I've ever done that one. I liked it! I did sub in some of my glute work from the zen guy instead of the hamstring ball roll ins -- don't think I'm quite ready for those! About an hour after the workout I was feeling like I'd overdone a bit. We'll see.

It's a dreary day here again..... hopefully wherever you all are, you're having a great day. Sue, happy 21st to your daughter!!
Old 04-08-20, 03:44 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA do you have XTrain? There are a lot of upper body only workouts in that series. I was looking at my DVDs today trying to figure out some suggestions for you. How is your plan going with the foot? I hope you’re finding things that work for you. Have you thought about Pilates? There are a lot of moves that are done lying on the floor.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 04:09 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Wednesday to All.

Linda-Yard work is quite a workout. I love gardening and yard work (minus raking leaves)

Cataddict
- I have not done Power Max in years. I think that I had forgotten about it.

Today was leg day. I did a lower body paper workout consisting of Box squats, superset of landmine squats/landmine RDLs, superset of kettlebell squats /kettlebell swings, cable tri-set of sumo squats, pull throughs and split squats, hack squats, zercher squats and pop squats.

Later in the day I did a two tabatas from X-Train Tabaticize.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in