Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-03-20, 02:11 PM  
ChelePA

Wish I could join everyone with Intensity. Love that one! Also love the premixes as a change.

Today I did a Hiit cardio in the chair. It was intense in some portions! I was quite surprised! For those who asked, 6-8 weeks for my foot to heal.

PA has asked for masks to be worn when outside the house. My husband is going crazy because he said this from the beginning. I ordered a few off Etsy. Should be here Monday. I’m not very handy and I can’t sew.

Have a great weekend! Stay safe and and practice gratitude daily. It really helps.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 02:20 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Thanks for the input, ChelePA! RWH Plyo is the only one I need to complete my RWH series, but I didn't get it because I have her HiiT from the Shock Series. But then I have so many of her other step that I love, do I need Classics Vol 1? Gives me something to dwell on.

How is your foot healing?
I'd get RWH Plyo then since it would complete your series!! Hard to choose though as the Classics would be fun.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 02:31 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post

Oh, and Kate, I almost did Step Fit this morning! I just couldn't stomach the dated-ness of it so I did Athletic Step instead. It was fun and a decent workout, but let's just say Cathe's not going to be asking me to be in a step video anytime soon.
Except for the outfits, I didn't find the workout dated. It was actually fun but I have to admit I did not know the backgrounders except for the one really tall dark haired girl. Can't remember her name.

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 04-03-20, 02:38 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Well girls I ended out the week with Body Combat #42. I just needed fun and fury and felt like doing some LM today. I had about 6 workouts picked out for today - that one won.
It has a great Capoeira segment that burns the legs. Love that!

My son is fine. MN has a shelter in place order so he stays home anyway. I just can't get over how many people hoarded cleaning supplies. Thanks for the tip on the Spray Nine!! I'll look.

Next week I'll dive into more of the Intensity Series. I also noticed I missed Body Max on the Power Hour + set. But with all the raves for Cardio & Weights, I'm doing that first. I've never done C&W. Another new one for me.

Waves to everyone!! I might not be on much this weekend - trying to get some outside stuff done so everyone stay well and I'll be back later!

Old 04-03-20, 02:41 PM  
manleym

Interesting ChelePA about a Hiit chair cardio. Who wudda thunk it would be intense in some parts?
That's good though! And we miss you joining us for Intensity!

One of our counties has gone to wearing masks. I can't remember if it's been suggested for ours or not, but my husband and I were saying we could wear a Buff since we don't have any masks either. We may try home delivery for groceries and not even get out. Our county has the largest number of cases and it keeps climbing. We live in the Lonestar state so it will be very hard to implement a state-wide order since it's so big. Most of the orders are up to the counties but the governor is suggesting stay-at-home, etc.

Thanks KateTT for the vote for RWH Plyo! You always have good advice! And so glad your son is ok.

I'll be working out shortly! Looking forward to it, or not!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 02:46 PM  
momofcha

I’ve been reading this thread with interest and you’ve all prompted me to pull out my Cathe’s! I realized i haven’t been challenging myself enough with my workouts and am actually doing some cardio - of which I’ve always despised!

I ordered a few I didn’t have any longer from Mary’s sale and may get a couple more.

Today was some strength but yesterday I did Low Impact HiiT. I’m still not doing impact, but trying to push myself a bit more so I can go back to getting some results!

Hi Bee!!!!!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 02:55 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I’ve been reading this thread with interest and you’ve all prompted me to pull out my Cathe’s! I realized i haven’t been challenging myself enough with my workouts and am actually doing some cardio - of which I’ve always despised!

I ordered a few I didn’t have any longer from Mary’s sale and may get a couple more.

Today was some strength but yesterday I did Low Impact HiiT. I’m still not doing impact, but trying to push myself a bit more so I can go back to getting some results!

Hi Bee!!!!!
Woo hooo!! We have another one with us!! Momofcha, so glad you're here. That's exactly what happened to me (way back in February). I was reading this thread thinking how much fun everyone seemed to be having and it made me want to do some Cathe workouts that I had not done in years. I joined the party and it's been so great.

Cataddict, I will join you today for Step Heat. I'll report back later.

Happy to see everyone is healthy and doing well!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 03:09 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Momofcha, WELCOME!!!!! Yay, another fierce friend!!! You all have put a smile on my face today and that's no easy feat!!

ChelePA, what chair workout was this? I want to file it away for future reference. That sounds wonderful!

Manleym, oh my! That is so scary! Please, please, you and your husband stay home and stay safe! And yeah, enforcing the stay at home bit is interesting, isn't it? It seems where I'm at in Idaho, there are some resistant folks to all this, claiming it's against their rights or something. There's nothing as unsettling as seeing someone walking through Walmart with their gun strapped to their hip, because, you know, you can do that here. BTW...thank you for mentioning the Buff...I didn't know what that was and had to look it up but that's EXACTLY what I've been needing for my dang hair that I'm growing out. And now I'm growing it even more because I'll be missing my upcoming hair appointment because all the salons are closed!

Kim and Cataddict, report back on Step Heat!!

KateTT, I'm going to have to circle back at some point as there are many workouts I now have that I didn't before, Body Max (the original) being one of them. Oh, and yes, Cardio and Weights is SO FUN. Enjoy your outdoor work and check in when you can!!!

I'm doing Michelle's More Cardio Strength today and am trying to psych myself up for it....
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 03:21 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh hurrah for momofcha! Glad to see you here! I'm finding Cathe really modifiable, after all these years..... I used to be such a stickler for following her exactly and now I modify like crazy. She's done enough low impact stuff that it's pretty easy to figure out a low impact move to do when you need to.

KateTT, isn't it silly that I can't make myself get past the outfits? It is! The tall one is Rhonda, right? And yes, good to know your son is ok!

ChelePA, very cool about the hiit chair workout! Bet you were glad to find that.

manleym, it seems that if California can figure out a shelter in place, Texas could, too. We have way more people. But maybe it's a big of the Idaho factor going on.... people don't want to be told what to do. Plenty of people like that in California, too. Frustrating that some people just don't seem to get it. Good luck with it!! I also think it's good you completed the RWH collection -- I love that set!!
Old 04-03-20, 03:28 PM  
momofcha

I agree Bee. She has tons of low impact stuff and I will modify what I want. I have no problem with that. I always remember a loving Rhythmic Step so I re-bought it. I ended up Joni-ping because I didn’t have the space I needed. I’ll try that one again next week.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in