Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-20, 03:50 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
I am, but not with Amazon. I placed a Chewy order for my pets and while they normally ship out the next business day, they said it could take up to 8 business days right now. I also believe this will be the new normal for a while as every business deals with the influx of online orders all at once.
Good to know! I was planning to get cat food from Chewy, as I am trying to go to the stores as little as possible and for as few items as possible whenever I do go shopping.

Oh, and BTW, I got my order today! Maybe it's UPS who is screwed up and not Amazon?

Donna
Old 03-20-20, 03:53 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I read they are prioritizing delivery for health related items. I will try to find the article.
I am aware. However, I had a little trouble with the wording and I wasn't sure how that would affect my order, which may have been placed before Amazon made that announcement.

Donna
Old 03-20-20, 04:17 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I am aware. However, I had a little trouble with the wording and I wasn't sure how that would affect my order, which may have been placed before Amazon made that announcement.

Donna
The wording was definitely not very clear. I am glad your order arrived. We are lucky our son works at Target and was able to get cat food. Wal-Mart and Pet smart were both out of the kind we feed our cats.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 05:09 PM  
Sand

My dog Heidi has automatic shipments sent from Chewy.com for her allergy pills. They sent me notification this week that shipping may be delayed because of all the orders for food they have been receiving.

It was only delayed by a few days. It came via FedEx and all my orders being shipped by FedEx are being delivered days after the expected delivery date.

Items being sent via USPS and UPS are still being delivered to me on the date expected.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 06:34 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Chewy dot com

I'm on automatic delivery also and put an order off from a couple of weeks ago. I have a cat who is on Rx food (not uncommon) and I dont' want to run out, so I put the delivery back to where It's supposed to be.

Like an above poster, I usually have it shipped out the next day. My CC did get charged, so I know it will be on it's way eventually. I have no clue what the vet's office hours would be should I get into a bind (I won't as I thought about soon enough!!!)

Crazy times!!!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 06:41 PM  
muggle

I think the mail in general is incredibly slow. I sent a dvd to a fellow VF’er and it’s not there yet. Plus a kind VF’er sent me a dvd that I haven’t received. It’s concerning.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 03:52 AM  
dlb

[QUOTE I have no clue what the vet's office hours would be should I get into a bind[/QUOTE]

My vet office has gone to curb side service. They come out to the car to pick up our pet, transaction & discussion is over the phone.

It worked out fine, I was surprised.
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 04:43 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb View Post
[QUOTE I have no clue what the vet's office hours would be should I get into a bind
My vet office has gone to curb side service. They come out to the car to pick up our pet, transaction & discussion is over the phone.

It worked out fine, I was surprised.[/QUOTE]

My vets office is doing the same. Luckily we don’t need to go. My dog is such a big baby I don’t know how they would be able to get her in the door.

On a good note. I placed an order with Chewys on 3/17 and got a shipping notice this morning. I love Chewys .

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 06:52 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

After posting this

I got an email last night that our vet's office has done the same.

Come with a phone, call them, no humans allowed in the office. They will get the pet (Social distancing only) and then the vet will call with a report. They have shortened the hours, no cash payments. Only check or credit card.

So there you have it.
waiting on Chewy. com order to arrive and will leave it outside for 24 hours (as mentioned in everything I've read) and then spray down before bringing inside. I guess it's the new norm.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 10:42 AM  
violingal3

Yeah, I have Prime and I have a few non-essential Amazon items out there that I don't expect anytime soon. I'm sure USPS, Amazon and all the delivery companies are getting slammed and are going to be having a heck of a time keeping up with everything.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19