Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-22, 09:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Total Max Mixers June

Hi guys. Just starting our new month. I went to Burn for UB and got a good workout. Then 30 minutes on the mill.

South Florida is supposed to get a tropical storm Fri and Sat but looks like it will miss us thankfully.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 07:15 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Body Pump with Michelle Briehler from Youtube. It was pretty good.

Karjoy - Thanks for starting the new monthly thread. I totally forgot it was June!

Cher - How nice of your mom to make dinner for you and your sister. It all sounds yummy. Sweet of you to spend time with your sister.

Vannie - Was your podiatrist appointment this week or last week?

We're supposed to get severe thunderstorms today and a slight cooldown the rest of the week. I'm looking forward to temps in the 80s rather than 90s.

Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 07:55 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff as you can see I totally forgot it was June 1st too—till 10 pm.
Oh well better late than never.

Resting today. Gosh it’s hot. I think the heat index was 98. I don’t think I am ready for this. Jbliff glad you will get a bit of cooler weather. Hope some of it comes this weekend. We are in dire need of rain.

Vannie, Cher, Gibbee, any big weekend plans? I’m mixed up during this holiday week.

TGIF tomorrow.
Old 06-03-22, 08:45 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was two Body Combat workouts from Youtube. I did about 36 minutes of the first one and wasn't feeling it so did another one which I enjoyed a lot more.

Karjoy - Your heat index was about the same as ours earlier in the week. We got a nice rain yesterday but it was all too brief. Today we're in the low 80s which is very nice. DH went out for a long walk this morning. I had a terrible night's sleep so I'm just lounging at home .

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 06-03-22, 02:31 PM  
Vantreesta

JB, the appt was today. I was right about the tendonitis but the x-rays showed more issues. I'm feeling overwhelmed by it right now and not ready to post about it but I will in probably a couple days or so. Thanks for asking!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 09:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I had a nice half hour or so swim and 40 minutes on the mill. I found out today that for $2 I can reserve a lane at the beautiful city pool so I am going there in am.

Vannie I’m sorry about the complex foot issues. Share details if and when you are ready.

Jbliff so many of my friends and their families have Covid that I’m losing track. Some of them have had it several times. I have a feeling our positivity rate is way high. Sigh…

I have a slight headache so I am heading to bed.
Old 06-04-22, 08:37 AM  
JBliff

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was 35 minutes of strength training from Youtube (channel called Growingannanas). She's pretty good and has good leg exercises but tends to overwork the shoulders. I ended up subbing several shoulder exercises with chest & tricep work instead. I also added 41 minutes of yoga afterwards.

Vannie - I'm sorry to hear about the foot complications. I'm glad you went to the doctor, though.

Karjoy - Swimming in the summer sounds good! Both my BILs and their kids have had COVID. They live in Florida, so no surprise . My niece in France also got COVID at the very beginning of the pandemic (before they even got PPE) but she's a doctor so probably got it from patients.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 06-04-22, 09:58 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Had a lovely swim and later a treadmill run watching most of In Search of Greatness, a documentary about some elite athletes like Wayne Gretzky, wide receiver Jerry Rice, Pele, and others. It was excellent. They were all exceedingly smart athletes, not just talented.

Hey Jbliff, my friend Chris was asking me about Les Mills kickboxing workouts online. You have done some of those, right, or just the Body Pump stuff? I told Chris I had heard his stuff is good overall.

Night all.
Old 06-05-22, 08:13 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was about 65 minutes of several cardio workouts on Youtube followed by stretching on my own. I tried a kickboxing workout from Caroline Girvan who's a big favorite at VF (according to the threads on GD). She might be good at strength training but her kickboxing form is beyond atrocious. I could only last 20 minutes before getting too aggravated at her poor form and moving on to another workout.

Karjoy - Yes, the Les Mills Body Combat kickboxing workouts are really good. The LM instructors are very diverse, have amazing form and the music is great. Early in the pandemic I found a bunch of Les Mills advanced Body Combat workouts on Youtube. Now you have to pay a subscription to stream them.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 06-05-22, 02:49 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I swam this morning and may get on my bike this afternoon. Something about swimming just makes you feel good. The clear water, the blue sky, being in the
bright sunlight, just is a calming workout.

Jbliff I cannot stand bad kickboxing form either. It is a real turnoff. I wonder what kind of certifications these folks have, if any. Cathe has improved her form over the years. One of the athletes on the show last night was Rocky Marciano the boxer. He was a little shorter than most heavyweight champions with slightly shorter arms too, so he had to get in close to opponents. Scary. But he really used his uppercut to come up under his opponent’s face to advantage.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.