Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-22, 06:59 PM  
michl43

Tendonitis

Hi, after testing neuro appointment doctor said I have Tendonitis in forearm area and wrist. I do have a physical therapy appointment but I’ve had to be very gentle with exercise so it doesn’t hurt more. It’s been 3 months but 2 months since being more careful. One of my coworkers said it will never go away…. Now I’m scared now. Yesterday I was thinking it wasn’t permanent. I’m not sure. But I accidentally used a Theragun massage tool on my arms in error before this happened. Any advice is appreciated I’m afraid I’ll always have this pain?
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 07:04 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I had tennis elbow in one arm and golf elbow in the other at the same time. It took some time and diligence not to use them as much as one can when it's both arms, but eventually both got back to normal with no pain. Hope it's the same for you!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 07:28 PM  
michl43

How long did it take?
Old 03-02-22, 09:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I don't recall exactly, but it was several months.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 10:37 PM  
edensmom

I had to stop doing upper body workouts COMPLETELY for 6 months with my elbow tendinitis. That was over 10 years ago. I occasionally have flare-ups.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 11:35 PM  
michl43

Thank you for your replies.
Old 03-03-22, 08:23 AM  
Rhonda

I thought I had carpal tunnel but it turned out to be tendonitis and my doc put me in a brace so I couldn't bend my wrist for a little while but this was 20 years ago. Ibuprofen for swelling/soreness. Brace was something similar to this - it was so I couldn't bend the wrist.

https://www.amazon.com/Carpal-Tunnel...ts_id=13106341

I have occasional flare ups but nothing to hold me back.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-22, 10:24 AM  
michl43

I use a brace similar to that and an elbow brace because I get aches by elbow too and various places on forearm, I just got a compression sleeve which seems to help, also aspercreme and bengay. Now I know it’s not nerves but wonder how she’s so sure it’s Tendonitis. I’ve mostly cut back on upper body exercises Will see what occupational therapist says. Symptoms are aches and intense tingling.
Old 03-03-22, 11:49 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Like the other posters, I’ve had tendinitis. After lots of rest, everything went back to normal. I think your co-worker was trying to tell you that the potential for a flare up might always be lurking in the background. That’s definitely the case for me. I’m 100% “normal’ most of the time. But I’m mindful of any soreness in the area and if that happens (and it does every 5 yrs or so) I just rest a few days if I can and it goes away. The first time or two I ignored the twinges (who has time to rest their arms?) and I ended up with tendonitis worse than the original case. So I’ve learned to listen to my body and just slow down if things feel off.

Hang in there during the long recovery process, but don’t worry too much, you’ll be back to pain free in that area as your healing progresses.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-22, 11:51 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michl43 View Post
I use a brace similar to that and an elbow brace because I get aches by elbow too and various places on forearm, I just got a compression sleeve which seems to help, also aspercreme and bengay. Now I know it’s not nerves but wonder how she’s so sure it’s Tendonitis. I’ve mostly cut back on upper body exercises Will see what occupational therapist says. Symptoms are aches and intense tingling.
I didn’t see this before I posted. My tendonitis expressed itself as intense, sharp pain when the joint moved even slightly…no tingling. But maybe symptoms are different for different people. Good,luck and I hope you’re pain free before long!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tendonitis, tennis elbow