Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-16-22, 02:06 PM  
Tammie M

ASAS, I liked the Essentrics 2012 Workout. I think it was my favorite. I like to do 25 to 30 minutes of Essentrics and combine it with other workouts so broke it into 2 workouts.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 07:44 PM  
Helen

TAMMIE & AMD
Thank you for thoughts of my DD, She's fully recovered and feeling great. Excited to be getting back to her happy-place - the lab (Ph.D. Forensics)

CHRYS
Happy Birthday!! Hope your head hit your pillow, in a state of contentment with a whole bunch of delightful new memories.

Sunday
57min, The Firm - Body Sculpt System 1 - Cardio Sculpt
Should have paused to actually READ the slip with the disc for which weights to use. Went too light. But due to humidty - sweat was literally dripping off me (92% at 7pm, when I did it - ack!)

It's Monday, and that means MONDIVATION!!
Have a good one.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 03:30 AM  
Elsie

Thanks guys for all of the thoughtful wishes for a good move, it means a lot! Things have been bumpy, but going alright. Very time-consuming of course. Yes, we will be buying a home, although perhaps renting at first. We can actually afford to buy something there, unlike around here. I would just like a garden and some separate room/space for my parents to come stay, if they have medical appts etc., since they live in a low-service rural area.
Helen, oh that is great news that your DD has recovered! Also, I'd love to get done just 30% of what you often do in a day, Wow! Any tips on productivity?

Sending strong healing thoughts to (((Jane's Dad))). Let's all hope his booster serves him well.

Liz, you sure have tons on your plate. Take easy care!

Hello All!!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 03:36 AM  
Elsie

HAPPY Birthday
Wishes 2 U
Chrys!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 06:04 AM  
Helen

ELSIE
Thanks for the kind words about my Bridget, AND on what I get done - I truly often feel very guilty about not doing enough!!!

When alone (DH goes to our farm for 2-3 weeks at a time regularly throughout the year), I fall quickly into a schlump (a mild depressive state) and have learned what helps, especially during school holidays (teacher), but do NOT always act on what works

What I know works for me
1) The night before, plan the next day - otherwise I'll walk in circles with SO much to be done, and not knowing what to do first. The plan isn't major, not even written usually, just a mental note but SPECIFIC.
- one bit of productivity that'd take an hour or two (garden, sewing, housework, school-work, baking, the dog, ...) - a specific thing to be done
- one work-up-a-sweat piece of exercise, usually 45-60min
- two other smaller jobs to break up the big one
- two other smaller exercise things to top/tail the day. Main thing is afternoon/evening.
2) Get out into the world ASAP (walk dog) - seeing other people living their lives pushes me to live (not waste) mine, and UVs, greenery, & movement ALL lift one's mood.
3) Get up the gym early on, for brief yoga (no dread) so more likely to get back up there later for something more vigorous.

That said, today was an example of NOT doing what I know works.
No 'intention' for the day, putzed around & wasted most of it, until walked Alice where I felt better immediately, then did a lot of weeding & put in a big effort with Step, Jump, & Pump - Step & Hilo Mix (45min) in the early evening.

So it's now 10pm -
Tuesday will be
BIG: clivia in the side path (unpot, separate, repot/plant) - will entail an errand for more potting mix
SML: new batch kombucha & put sewing area back together
____
BIG: Gauntlet
SML: top/tail with Tim/Adriene yoga next in 30-day challenges
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 11:15 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks, Tammie! I have to say I was a bit surprised with Cardio Fit (I was thinking it was just cardio for some reason?). I'm glad it's more of a circuit w/o (at least w/o 1 is). I really enjoyed the Raw cardio bonus in that one - hope you do too! I'm not sure I'm looking forward to PS now...it sounds a bit redundant with the same ol' moves and way too short? We'll see....

Enjoy your week, friends!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 10:24 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I had an echo done on my heart last Thursday, which was really cool to see but we don't have any results yet. I spent Saturday hauling bins of fabric downstairs and putting it away, so it was like a weights workout and I got 11,000 steps. Sunday I was wiped out.
Thank you for the birthday wishes! DH got me a new sewing chair. I think my old one is about 50 years old. It's a wooden hand me down chair from my mom
Helen, I also have to have a task planned for the day, or I waste it.
Tammie, thanks for the info on Kellie's workouts. I may get them later.
Jane, sorry about your dad. I finally got my booster last Saturday. I'm still fighting with covid leftovers from last February, so I really don't want it again.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 11:23 PM  
Tammie M

AnMrsDe, I really liked the Cardio Fit Raw Bonus. I used 1 lb dumbbells throughout. Next time I may try it with my 2 lb gloves. Throughout the workouts, I used my rebounder for many of the higher impact moves. I'm not sure I'll like the Raw Bonus Workout on Power Splits as much. I'm not a big fan of Tabata workouts.

Chrys, I hope you get some answers from all the testing. I had some strange lingering issues when I had covid last year. They were disappearing slowly but when I took the J&J covid vaccine they totally disappeared. I was so thrilled. So maybe taking the booster will help you. Prayers that it will!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 11:45 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie M View Post
ASAS, I liked the Essentrics 2012 Workout. I think it was my favorite. I like to do 25 to 30 minutes of Essentrics and combine it with other workouts so broke it into 2 workouts.
Tammie, I finally tried it today, and I loved it, it is a goodie, of Sarah's hour long workouts, my favorite are this one (Class of 2012) and Barre Workout, Full Body Toning is good, but it is not my favorite, she forgets a little exercise on one side and then keep making a noise with her throat, like she had a cold or something. I like how you mix it with other workouts!

Thanks for the info on KCM's new workouts, I hope you will enjoy the bonus workouts too, I didn't pre-order, I will check the clips and maybe order later when they get on amazon.ca. I hope you will enjoy Annette's workout, it is a favorite of mine. I also have the Mark Lauren one, but I don't remember if I tried workout 2, I remember working quite hard with # 1, I liked it, I need to dust it off, thanks for the reminder!

Helen, I didn't know your DD was sick, but I am happy to hear she is fully recovered now!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 02:03 AM  
LizEMA

Helen -- I agree about your productivity. Sometimes I get tired just from reading your exercise log for the day! When I saw that you had 15 (!) courses to complete for school, I was thinking it would take me an entire week. Next post, and you're already done with them!
I'm like you in knowing what "works" for me to get the most out of my days (structure and planning) but struggling with actually executing it. Sadly, I have never been very disciplined -- with anything -- but I live in hope and am always trying to get myself on track.

I feel like you are me in an alternate dimension. Or, at least the me I WANT to be. Productive, always getting in your workouts, brave and adventurous (I was reading WAY back before you started roller derby!), easy going, level-headed, thoughtful, green thumb, super intelligent (that exercise database of yours is SO noteworthy), dedicated wife, mom & furmom, passionate educator, talented seamstress and knitter. (I'm so envious of people that can knit and sew. I'd love to see some of your creations!)
And, we just "met". Imagine how awesome you are to people that actually know you!
(Had no idea your DD was working on a PhD in forensics! [Or has she already completed her schooling?] So impressive. You must be so proud! )

AMD -- I can't believe your sister is recovering from a SECOND hip replacement! (That reminds me of how sometimes Jane Fonda jokes about being bionic because so many parts of her have been replaced. ) The upside of it being the second, as you already mentioned, is that she knew what to expect and how to fully maximize her recovery. Your family is so lucky to have you mothering and caring for them all.

Jane -- So sorry to hear about your Dad. I am hoping that he has turned a corner and that the worst is behind him. I hope you stay safe and healthy during your time of caring for him. ((Hugs to you both)) I'm sending healing vibes your way.

Chrys -- Please accept my belated birthday wishes! I'm hoping that your scan results will help clear up some of the issues you've been having. Have you gotten the chance to try out your new chair? You must be so excited about it!

T2B -- I'd love to hear about your progress with WW. I have always been curious about what real life people think of it, and it sounds like you have had success with them in the past. I've been packing on the pounds, slowly, over the past 5-8 years and am intermittently tempted to find a way to track calories and macros without actually having to do any of the work. LOL

Elsie -- glad to hear things are progressing with the move. I hope you've gotten past all of the bumps. After all of your recent moves, at this point, you're probably part pro, part SO sick of moving. Are you doing an early or late March move?

ASAS -- I drank the Essentrics kool-aid last year. Tried a few on a trial offer, signed up for their streaming service, then promptly stopped doing ANYTHING from the site. You're tempting me to start them up again.

Tammie -- I have a bunch of Mark's stuff but have not yet tried them out. I read all the reviews that 2L4G wrote up on her blog about his WOs, and they kind of scared me away from doing any his stuff. I am always trying to get more mobility work in my life, though. (You know, up from the ZERO I do now. LOL) I'm going to wait for your take on the 2nd WO.

Tags
full body workout vol 3, just the workouts, kcm power splits, standing yoga