Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-04, 09:15 PM  
michl43

Gin Millers Ramp Deluxe Set

Are all the dvds in beginner or intermediate? Are any of them a challenge? Thanks
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-04, 09:18 PM  
doskymom

I don't believe there have been any ramping workouts made yet that are in the "challenging" category. Gin is supposed to be making some new ramping workouts - maybe these will be more challenging.
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-04, 09:21 AM  
RovinUSA
VF Supporter

Cardio Express is the only one that is done to a faster tempo and gives a more challenging cardio workout than the others in the set. Super Sculpt is slower in tempo but includes a lot of squats and lunges and the like so it feels more intense also. I like to combine these two for a longer workout that is probably intermediate. Paula Z (www.exercise videoreviews.com and the publisher of VidBits) did a thorough review of these 7 workouts in her last issue, out yesterday. That's where I learned about the tempo thing.

I have not yet tried, but have heard much about her longer workout called Ramping Up, which is currently only available on VHS (and it was backordered due to demand - it may be available again now). This one is supposed to be similar to Cardio Express in intensity but much longer. I plan to order it, though I wish it was available on DVD.

Gin is also coming out with several new workouts that incorporate weights, as well as some new cardio ones. They sound like they may be longer and more intense, but no reviews yet because they haven't been released.

Shelley
RovinUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-04, 09:54 AM  
EileenS
VF Supporter

I pretty much ditto everything that Shelley said. Two of them, Cardio Express and Super Sculpt, are an intermediate workout for me if I give them my all. The choreography is athletic, and I can really make my moves big, deep, wide, etc. The others are more dancy, and I was unable to make them much more intense than advnaced beginner. (Although part of the problem is my lack of dance ability.. not a boogie gene in this body.)

I'm waiting for Ramping Up and will post my comments once I get it.