Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-18, 07:07 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Tracie Long dvds 50% off (ends 4-13-18)

Spring has sprung and new workouts are in the works!
Get 50% off all DVDs! Sale ends Friday at midnight!
use coupon code K240X9RL1FA0

https://store7473235.ecwid.com/
Old 04-10-18, 07:26 PM  
TinaT

Are you serious!? I just placed an order with Mary... yes... an after-the-sale-is- over order!

I am trying really hard to like Tracie's Studio Series, but so far I haven't put them on my WL at TF. I really like the feel of the Longevitys and Focus Series. Burpees, mountain climbers and lots plank work just isn't in my rotation these days.

I also enjoy the sets and music she offered in her earlier releases. Why am I so picky?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 07:39 PM  
ncl

I love the Studio Series. I am so glad someone is working the core including ALL part of the core, not just abdominals and working the core without endless sit-ups which I think lead to muscle imbalance if that is all there is AND working the core with all kinds of new moves. Love these! I won't buy anything in the sale because I have all her DVDs already. The Metabolic Strengths sneak up on you too...challenging. I did metabolic strength #5 and Core Movements #5 this morning. I am definitely a fan.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 07:50 PM  
counterclockwise

Aaaah! I just ordered the 3 Core Movements and Grand Total recently with 15% off. I wish I had known this was coming!

I love the Metabolic Strenth workouts too, ncl. I hope she keeps making them.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 08:13 PM  
fanofladyvols

What a great sale!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I love the Studio Series. I am so glad someone is working the core including ALL part of the core, ....
I wholeheartedly agree Ncl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I did metabolic strength #5 and Core Movements #5 this morning. I am definitely a fan.
Ok the question I have is, with her previous series, she would classify things as weights, cardio and interval. I would like to continue using that template for a rotation so how would you categorize the Studio series ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I also enjoy the sets and music she offered in her earlier releases. Why am I so picky?
If that makes you picky, then I guess I am too
I prefer the music and sets in her Longevity and Focus series, too. I understand needing to change things up but yeah, maybe it's a cost thing?

Not that it will keep me from looking at them to purchase though

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 08:42 PM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Ok the question I have is, with her previous series, she would classify things as weights, cardio and interval. I would like to continue using that template for a rotation so how would you categorize the Studio series ?
Good question. I think the first two Metabolic Strength volumes have one workout on each DVD that is a weight workout and one workout on each DVD that is mostly cardio but uses a weighted med ball or sometimes light weights in some sections. I think the third volume has two workouts that are both a mix of weights/core/cardio.

I haven’t done any other Studio Series workouts yet but hope that helps!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 08:49 PM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
Good question. I think the first two Metabolic Strength volumes have one workout on each DVD that is a weight workout and one workout on each DVD that is mostly cardio but uses a weighted med ball or sometimes light weights in some sections. I think the third volume has two workouts that are both a mix of weights/core/cardio.

I haven’t done any other Studio Series workouts yet but hope that helps!
Yes, I agree with this.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 09:31 PM  
wendug

Thanks for posting this! Now to decide which workouts to get! I have most of Tracie's Focus and Longevity workouts but haven't bought her newer workouts.

Ncl - I'm interested in workouts that work all of the core, too, so your comments are encouraging! I'm thinking of purchasing core movements 1/2 & 3/4 along with metabolic 1/2 & 3/4.
Old 04-11-18, 06:20 AM  
Rhonda

kinda upsetting as I just bought her metabolic and total body when she had the 25% off sale. If I knew this was coming I would have waited. Oh well.

Are the core movement DVDs worth getting? I was thinking maybe 1/2 and 3/4 but not sure how often I would use them.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-18, 08:55 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I just bought 2 of the new ones when Mary had her sale; UGH

Of Tracies, I'm just missing the Core ones 3/4 and 5/6. However, I NEVER do the first Core one (1/2) and I've had it from early on.

Can anyone chime in is Core 3/4 and/or Core 5/6 is much different / better than Core 1 / 2?
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracie long