Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-07-18, 07:06 PM  
Dontmindthemess

I actually bought a bosu to try her bosu workouts. I really enjoyed Bosu/HiiT/Bodyweight! I even surprised myself by being able to do the moves! I did Cardio Back and Bicep Burn this morning and it was tough! Even the class participants were feeling it.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-18, 11:23 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Haven't been on here for awhile but wanted to chime in on the Yvette Love Fest!

Hello there! I haven't been to VF for a long time but I was curious what you guys all thought of Yvette or if any of you had heard of her yet. I've been doing YouTube workouts pretty much exclusively for the past 1 1/2 years or so. The only dvds I really touch any more are my HoCo ones once in awhile, only because there is nothing else like it.

I've been doing mostly Fit Body by Julia with some Five Parks Yoga thrown in (both youtube channels). Then a few weeks ago I discovered Yvette Bachmann. I am loving her! I have to modify some of the high impact but it hasn't been that bad. Mostly just the jumping jacks. I've done several of her workouts but wanted to share my favorites. I've done and loved (and highly recommend!!) the following workouts:

HIIT/Step with Kettlebell and Heavy Weights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuo0...bBBwNl&index=2

Step Cardio with Legs/Shoulders and Back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z3E...n8PzCU0bBBwNl&

LEGS Day with Step and Cardio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Ys...bBBwNl&index=4

All Out Cardio Step/Kickboxing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bZS...BBwNl&index=12

BOSU Cardio Mashup!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=060x...BBwNl&index=13

HIIT, Step, Heavy Leg Work!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEml...BBwNl&index=16

Cardio Back and Bicep Burn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4_Q...BBwNl&index=20

The newest one she just posted was THE BOMB!
All out Step Aerobics and Leg work/high calorie BURN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpvWdNieLA4&t=3438s
I did stop at the 55 minute mark (right before she picks up the weights), though, making it a cardio only workout.

I rarely do the workouts past one hour, though. I usually stop at whatever natural break she gives right around the one hour mark or slightly before, just because of time available but also often I'm just pooped! LOL She's really gotten me back into step aerobics!

Last edited by eyefit; 03-11-18 at 11:29 AM. Reason: stupid computer accidently posted long before I was done typing
eyefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 10:49 AM  
AnMrsDe

I found a "premix" on Yvette's channel today! Boot Camp & HiiT Training and is a 15 min. excerpt from one of her previous classes. It alternates cardio with a weighted exercise and was just perfect as a cardio add-on after my Beast workout this morning! Since Beast Build Chest & Tri's was on the rotation today, I kept the weighted work in YB's class focused on the intended muscle groups by doing only chest and tricep exercises. A great "finisher"!

I hope she puts more of these little "premixes" on her channel!!!

Eyefit, great to see you back! You were missed!! Enjoy Yvette's classes...she's great!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 05:06 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I found a "premix" on Yvette's channel today! Boot Camp & HiiT Training and is a 15 min. excerpt from one of her previous classes. It alternates cardio with a weighted exercise and was just perfect as a cardio add-on after my Beast workout this morning! Since Beast Build Chest & Tri's was on the rotation today, I kept the weighted work in YB's class focused on the intended muscle groups by doing only chest and tricep exercises. A great "finisher"!

I hope she puts more of these little "premixes" on her channel!!!

Eyefit, great to see you back! You were missed!! Enjoy Yvette's classes...she's great!!
Thanks! I've been so addicted to Youtube workouts that I haven't felt the urge to buy anything in a long, long time now. Not coming on VF helped with that, too, of course. LOL It wasn't me trying to go on a no-buy pledge or anything. I just slowly lost interest in acquiring more dvds naturally without trying. There is so much on Youtube, so many great instructors that I've been keeping pretty busy with what's offered on there!

I also hope we get more shorter workouts from Yvette! I did her 45 minutes Cardio Kickboxing one the other day and it was great, too. That 40-50 minute time frame is perfect for me.
Old 03-13-18, 08:33 PM  
Sharaz

Hi eyefit

I previewed the step/kickboxing and looks nice. I cannot not try any of her workouts at this moment since I currently doing my workouts at my offices gyms. I’ll keep this on check in case I get a step at my place.
Old 03-14-18, 10:23 AM  
ChrisS

Thank you Lori_Michigan for posting about Yvette! I've just done one of her workouts but loved it!

Thanks,
Chris
ChrisS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-18, 10:39 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Thank you Lori_Michigan for posting about Yvette! I've just done one of her workouts but loved it!

Thanks,
Chris
You're welcome! I think someone else posted about her before I did, but I couldn't remember who posted and when, so I've got to give credit to whoever that was...

I've been doing her workouts about twice a week for the past month, and I really enjoy them. I think I've lost some weight too, so win-win!

I really hope she continues with posting workouts -- she's got over 15,000 subscribers now!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-18, 11:18 AM  
marki64

This past weekend my DH got me a blue ray/dvd player with hook up to internet. I was so jazzed! I have done a couple of hers and plan to do one of her kickboxing ones today. I think it was 45 min. It is Kickboxing w/out equipment? I think that is the name. I did one HIIT w/ the step full body. The hour + flew. The step cardio dragged a little, but then she took the step away and it was floor hiit. Fun intervals and no repeats (just repeated weight work.) Very good use of equipment. I didn't really like the 5 of the same sets of weight work. I changed it up a little. I am looking forward to others.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-18, 09:44 AM  
AnMrsDe

Just to have to rave about this one I did this morning (copied from my check-in, and a shout out to JANE for mentioning that this one is all cardio)!!!

Kickboxing/High Calorie Cardio Blast (70 min.)

I LOVED IT and deem it one of my favorites of hers!!! It has exceptional good music that kept me going and was super fun!! Just when I thought I couldn't keep up, she inserts kick variations and then Everybody Dance Now! comes on which kept me keepin' on! ;-) Talk about a total body workout and a LEG quad burner - oh my! Maybe I don't even need to work my legs tomorrow, LOL! A good one to make shorter at 45 min. or add more mat leg/core work at the end (15 min.- which I did and needed!). Love how she used the FW band and that is how I modify the discs moves in some of Cathe's workouts! Loved seeing YB doing the same thing!!! Speaking of discs, she gets them out but doesn't use them (which was fine by me!). DEFINITELY A FUN FAVE OF YVETTE'S!!!! Gold Star for this one! (P.S. I burned 460 calories but would have been more, as I forgot to start my HRM until I was 12 min. in).
Old 03-16-18, 09:46 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post

I really hope she continues with posting workouts -- she's got over 15,000 subscribers now!
+1!!!! And congrats on your loose jeans!!! My workout shorts are getting baggy, LOL!

Tags
youtube, yvette bachman